IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

White world!

Exotic Life

Hi,

We have got winter weather since last weekend... every night we got frost in the whole country... on the place where i live between the -2 to -4C = 28,4 to 24,8F but in the east the have got tempeture's to -8C/17.6F...

I have got also 1 day that the tempeture don't got above freezing level! But the last 2 night's in some parts of the country the have got freezing fog. That give some white landscápe's... SOme picture of that can be seeing here...

SInce last night also i have got freezing fog! I will place some picture's soon.

Robbin

Southwest

19122007205908.jpgThis picture's i show you know, that are picture's form other people that also love's the weather....

19122007205700.jpg

19122007205702.jpg

19122007205705.jpg

Southwest

That is beautiful Robbin...I wish we had a white Christmas like yours...

Here the temperature is around 31°C...really warm weather at the moment. Everyone is going to the beach in order to cool off a little.

Merry Christmas...and many palm gifts !

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

(Gileno Machado @ Dec. 21 2007,06:23)

That is beautiful Robbin...I wish we had a white Christmas like yours...

Here the temperature is around 31°C...really warm weather at the moment. Everyone is going to the beach in order to cool off a little.

Merry Christmas...and many palm gifts !

Gileno,

We don't get a white Christmas!! It's unbelievble but just tomorrow tempeture's get higher! Just when Christmas come's every white stuff is gone, because the high tempeture's ... The spell for now almost 10C by day for Chrismas... So also for us will be a green Christmas! But not so hot as you are .. :)

Robbin

Southwest

And this is a picture of my own .... So it's not so white where i live then other places...

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

Southwest

Robbin--

More great pics!

I didn't know there were areas in The Netherlands like yours that stayed so mild. Are you on the water?

SoCal and SoFla; zone varies by location.

'Home is where the heart suitcase is'...

_____

"If, as they say, there truly is no rest for the wicked, how can the Devil's workshop be filled with idle hands?"

About my place, i'm thinking that i live just on the right place of the country... the right line...

Why? i think because in winter time 9 of the 10 times the really hard cold can't reach me because i have some milder tempeture's from the water around me..

Just in summertime then the tempeture's stay cool at the waterplace's but the cooling seawind can't reach me.

So i say alway's i have not too cold winter and i have got warm summers. I think that is a good place too live, i will let show you a map next time then can you see what i'm telling now :)

Robbin

Southwest

Ok, last night was horrible! i have got a negative tempeture of -5,4C thats around the 23F. some place have got tempetures of -10C!!

People's that loves the weather made some new beautifull picture's with al blue sky ... it's just like winter.. They have doing this really fast because the sun is shining and tempeture is rising very fast now, we have got winds from the south now. It's not for sure if the tempeture going below zero tonigt. Pfff will this be the end of this freezing period?

11122007221060.jpg

11122007221063.jpg

11122007221166.jpg

11122007221167.jpg

Southwest

Sooo this picture's will be history on next monday, all the white is gone then... tempeture's is rising and south winds are coming... that means green Christmas.

Southwest

Lovely pictures. The pic of the sun coming up over the frosty landscape is just surreal. Complete opposites of each other. How can they exist together? The whole idea of freezing fog is an abstract concept for me. It never gets that cold here. Xmas day is expected to be 38C and from tomorrow Sunday right through to Thursday the temp won't drop below 32C. I hope to get down the beach somewhere.

regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Robbin

As always some great photography  :P you should submit photos to calendar companies

I have seen frost with fog when I was a kid living in the San Joaquin Valley. Your photos illustrate a wonderful scene at Christmas time  :D

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

(happ @ Dec. 22 2007,05:54)

I have seen frost with fog when I was a kid living in the San Joaquin Valley.

Yes, beautiful photos.  I saw frost with fog last night here on the summit of Mauna Kea in Hawaii...

Jack Sayers

East Los Angeles

growing cold tolerant palms halfway between the equator and the arctic circle...

(elHoagie @ Dec. 22 2007,10:42)

(happ @ Dec. 22 2007,05:54)

I have seen frost with fog when I was a kid living in the San Joaquin Valley.

Yes, beautiful photos.  I saw frost with fog last night here on the summit of Mauna Kea in Hawaii...

Jack

You can rest assured that there is neither fog nor frost in El Sereno this morning but it was 39F/3.8c downtown at 7AM :o

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

(happ @ Dec. 22 2007,08:03)

Jack

You can rest assured that there is neither fog nor frost in El Sereno this morning but it was 39F/3.8c downtown at 7AM :o

Yeah, I was watching the NOAA readings for downtown during the night.  Now I'm just waiting for laHoagie to wake up so that I can bug her to check our thermometer...

Jack Sayers

East Los Angeles

growing cold tolerant palms halfway between the equator and the arctic circle...

We have been having a similar cold spell, although only down to between 1 to -3°C (34 to 27°F) each night for the past couple of weeks.  We also had our coldest day on Friday, when it barely went above freezing all day.  Today, however the temperature went up to 9°C/48°F, the warmest for a couple of weeks and, although we are due a cool night tonight, no freeze, it is going to be getting warmer from now on, for a while at least.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

All the white stuff is here gone already!! Only the east of the country stay's white ... But here it was yesterday already almost 5C/41F and the night was frost free 1,8C/35,2F. Only the east and middle has still frost last night too -5C/23F...

Today the expect the same tempeture's for my part, for Christmas day's tempeture will be around the 7-8C/44,6-46,4F ....

Robbin

Southwest