IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

California Chain Saw Massacre Chapter II

DoomsDave

Howdyall:

Here are some more pictures to show what you can do with a little bitty electric chain saw.  (Ladies, after diamonds, a chainsaw is your best friend . . . . )

post-208-1156107345_thumb.jpg

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

And more:

(Also, note that the Rhopie sapida in the background, which has died, looks mostly okay.  This pic is about two weeks old.)

post-208-1156107447_thumb.jpg

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

All of these trunks went into the trash.  I was tired of getting raked by those [oedipal expletive] spines.

dave

post-208-1156107522_thumb.jpg

Dear Dave  :)

It seems to be a neat job ! i think its time for me

to get a chain saw.i encounter constant trunk grouth

in my mango,neem & sapota trees.

i have to trim them anually with knives.but

looking at your work it appeares that a chain saw

will fasten my work speed in triming the huge branched

trees.

thanks for sharing your experience.

Love,

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

(kylecawazafla @ Aug. 21 2006,01:39)

did you eat its heart?

I was getting tired of messing with it.

So, I didn't do that.

Next time, I'll do that. . . .

dave

(Dave from So-Cal @ Aug. 20 2006,13:58)

All of these trunks went into the trash.  I was tired of getting raked by those [oedipal expletive] spines.

dave

Look mama!! TIKI WOOD!!!!!!

Dave Hughson

Carlsbad, Ca

1 mile from ocean

Zone 10b

Palm freaks are good peeps!!!!!

(deezpalms @ Aug. 21 2006,16:23)

(Dave from So-Cal @ Aug. 20 2006,13:58)

dave

Look mama!! TIKI WOOD!!!!!!

Egad, those things BITE.

Seriously!

I got punctured more times than a bike tire the Tour de La Habra (sand burs!)

Of course, yeah, I know, Phoenix are much MUCH worse, I want my mommy just thinking about it.

dave

(Jeff Searle @ Aug. 21 2006,22:48)

So whats your point?? :P

Many of them, sticking into my body . . . .  :(

If you have a small yard and don't need the chain saw very often buy an electric one.

I have a 16" Remington and 100' of cord.  Cost is way under that of a gas powered baby.  Also you'll never have to tune it up!

Wai`anae Steve :D

Wai`anae Steve-------www.waianaecrider.com
Living in Paradise, Leeward O`ahu, Hawai`i, USA
Temperature range yearly from say 95 to 62 degrees F
Only 3 hurricanes in the past 51 years and no damage. No floods where I am, No tornados, No earthquakes
No moles, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, etc. Just the neighbors "wild" chickens

Steve!

Nice to see you back!

What took you so long?

dave

Hmm.

Triumph of man over nature?

post-208-1156694389_thumb.jpg

Zorro?

Or Freddy Kruger?

post-208-1156694452_thumb.jpg