IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Dry garden after the storm

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5229.jpg

IMG_5217.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5347.jpg

:greenthumb:   How much rain did you end up getting?

4 hours ago, Peter said:

IMG_5229.jpg

I love seeing all the Aloes in bloom Peter.  Which species is the one I selected above?  It reminds me a bit of Aloe africana but is different in bloom color and other details than the one I have and am familiar with.

That 13" is amazing.  What is the annual average where you are?  I know it must be higher than down here either where I live in Leucadia or down in Chula Vista, where I track it for work.  That would be about 130% of the annual average rainfall at my business in Chula Vista.

33.0782 North -117.305 West  at 72 feet elevation

@Tracy-that's Erik the Red. And not sure what our average is, but last year we ended up with almost 50", including 5" in that freak August storm, which was crazy.

• Like 3

San Fernando Valley, California