• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Summer Recovery

GregVirginia7

IMG_0173.thumb.jpeg.e2b1533778197ada3e020bd3a0dea309.jpeg

@jwf1983 Here’s the pic I promised…you can see how my south face works best for my palms…Recovery for the Trachy and the Brazoria went well this summer. The Trachy and Brazoria lost at least 95% of their fronds after the 2022 Christmas freeze. Their emerging spears suffered total damage where exposed. But they’ve all recovered well…Plan on lighting their crowns this winter and covering the emerging spears with pipe insulation sliced up the side if super cold moves in. The Medi (green variety) will get a separate post as its near death experience this past winter has moved me to get back to serious protection for it. Looks like the Black Shroud is back in play.

IMG_0174.thumb.jpeg.5c321d34c39287bede23f088bafb2eb5.jpeg

I have another small Trachy entering its 3rd winter in ground…that winter cage protection I told you about for yours will be used on mine this winter as well.

IMG_0176.thumb.jpeg.6818ffb27cf4a0bb91e2773ab0c833af.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg

• Like 4