IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

A few things for sale

Jubaea_James760

On 5/23/2023 at 9:27 AM, 5am said:

There's a clump in a Brownsville parking lot that I'm always excited to see as I pass. I see them around some but that one has a space all of its own so it stands out to me.  Online I find it listed as USDA 10a and, while I'm near that, the ones around here have definitely survived at least 1 cold blast in the low 20s. With a clustering palm in zone 8, I suspect that when a trunk gets too tall to protect you can still cover the smaller trunks so you don't lose your investment of time. I don't know if its ever been tried up your way, but seems like an interesting project. Keep us updated!

I actually decided at first I wasn't going to try it, but then my interest in seeing how it would do made me just couldn't pass it up because it was one I've wanted to try for a while but was very unsure about it because I didn't want to have palms that would live but would struggle, which I would be fine with a shrubby type palm, but knowing me, I can't pass up protecting tall trunks either, so who knows! but my addiction to zone pushing couldn't pass it up. I also got 2 Mexicanas to try, which I think should be easy to protect for the first couple of years if it calls for it.

Edited by ZPalms
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I got my Sabal causiarum a while back, I just haven't been on a lot recently. Thanks. :greenthumb:

• Like 1

sticker.gif?zipcode=78015&template=stick

@fr8train, your welcome  & thank you! 

• Like 1

Hesperia,Southern CA (High Desert area). Zone 8b

Elevation; about 3600 ft.

Lowest temp. I can expect each year 19/20*f lowest since I've been growing palms *13(2007) Hottest temp. Each year *106

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up an assortment of palms from James (a repeat customer many times over now, and a great friend).  Everything came packed perfectly, shipped well, and arrived in pristine shape.  Never hesitate to buy from this man, he's the cream of the crop.

• Like 3

Subscribe to my YouTube here  to follow along my Sabal obsession....  Quite possibly one of the biggest Sabal plantings in the US.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/sabalking.texas

@Sabal King,  thanks brother! Appreciate it. 

Can't wait till you dominate the Sabal industry 😁 we need more Sabals in the world 👍

• Like 3

Hesperia,Southern CA (High Desert area). Zone 8b

Elevation; about 3600 ft.

Lowest temp. I can expect each year 19/20*f lowest since I've been growing palms *13(2007) Hottest temp. Each year *106