IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

One year old Mule Palms

Scott W

These are one year old plants currently growing in 3x3x5 containers under 50% shade.  These sre ready to be upsized to 1 galllons.  Sizes do vary, but the palms pictured are representative of what is available. 

These are priced at $30 each, with shipping averaging between $10 and $15 depending where in the US you are located.  I can fit two per package if you're wondering.

Message me for shipping quote, PayPal happily accepted.

20230407_155148.thumb.jpg.282c4212d24a2191549285122b8c9ee3.jpg

20230407_155112.thumb.jpg.c8ee1d38c31f3b3abbc8ace7fcfe00cb.jpg

20230407_155131.thumb.jpg.932a15cb54d3793ab48c37e5b90fcd12.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Question was asked, "do these ship in container?"

Yes, these will ship in the container they are growing in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That's the only way I ship anything. It offers the least possible root disturbance, required especially for palms with sensitive root systems. :greenthumb: 

aztropic

Mesa, Arizona 

IMG_20221212_144141015.jpg

IMG_20221212_140606821.jpg

IMG_20221212_144122605.jpg

IMG_20221212_145625483.jpg

Edited by aztropic
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 4

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

On 4/9/2023 at 9:52 AM, Scott W said:

These are one year old plants currently growing in 3x3x5 containers under 50% shade.  These sre ready to be upsized to 1 galllons.  Sizes do vary, but the palms pictured are representative of what is available. 

These are priced at $30 each, with shipping averaging between $10 and $15 depending where in the US you are located.  I can fit two per package if you're wondering.

Message me for shipping quote, PayPal happily accepted.

20230407_155148.thumb.jpg.282c4212d24a2191549285122b8c9ee3.jpg

20230407_155112.thumb.jpg.c8ee1d38c31f3b3abbc8ace7fcfe00cb.jpg

20230407_155131.thumb.jpg.932a15cb54d3793ab48c37e5b90fcd12.jpg

Fast growing palms for a good price, looks well grown.

• Like 1

All current palm orders have shipped.  

I have plenty available, message me with your zip code for shipping quote if you're interested.

🏝️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still have these available for anyone looking to add a Mule or two to their collection. 😁

Sorry, no international shipping....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scott W said:

Still have these available for anyone looking to add a Mule or two to their collection. 😁

Sorry, no international shipping....

Scott - can you tell us where the seed came from? Did you make the cross yourself?

11 minutes ago, Josh76 said:

Scott - can you tell us where the seed came from? Did you make the cross yourself?

Seed was purchased from Erik Brown, a well known member on here.  He and his partner produce them by the tens of thousands.  This was the first year for me producing my own seed, and I'm anxious to see how mine turn out.

Here's my original germination thread... https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/topic/72016-first-germination-xbutiagrus-seed/

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Just bumping this up.  Can ship up to four per package.  These are well rooted and ready for a larger container...maybe even directly in the ground.

Sorry, still no international shipping....

I'm not sure how many you have but I'll be looking for 3 or 4  in the near future after I move.

I too am curious what else is available?

• Like 1

At the moment I just have the mules, a few Dypsis pembana and Beccariophoenix alfredii 

Will have Phoenix theophrasti available in the spring and possibly more hybrid Cycas

• Like 4

I have bought several Mules from Scott and can’t say enough good things about him as a seller, also the quality palms that arrive are superior and very well packaged every time.

Excellent Seller!!!

A+++++

• Like 3

On 11/16/2023 at 2:21 PM, Scott W said:

At the moment I just have the mules

Any updated pics ? 

T J 

T J 

15 hours ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

Any updated pics ? 

T J 

Here you go...none really too much larger than my original pics as I've been shipping the largest ones first.  Thus the smaller ones are finally catching up to what was originally pictured. 

20231118_104515.thumb.jpg.a70db5c671920f501764441ad9d3d376.jpg

20231118_104624.thumb.jpg.bd331f4ca47521c314b1b329739d96fe.jpg

20231118_104628.thumb.jpg.57f56a058858c59fc4ef30e36f46fc44.jpg

20231118_111149.thumb.jpg.4d6ded490d7d3ed6c4128dce4211fd2a.jpg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Scott W said:

Here you go.

Thank you ! I love seeing others container ranch,  nice set up. 

T J 

• Like 2

T J 

Scott can I ask what type of material you used for the grid/mesh that allows for drainage & air flow under the pots? Agree with TJ that is a really pro looking grow op very cool! I have been planning to make something similar to get my seedlings up and running before spring time and this pic has really got my wheels turning thank you for sharing! I really love the efficient use of space, arms length pot depth and the “walk way” are all so functional and well thought out and executed, kudos to you sir!
20231118_111149.thumb.jpg.4d6ded490d7d3ed6c4128dce4211fd2a.jpg

Early Christmas presents came today. 

20231124_133805.thumb.jpg.1d1bee1cd3814092cd9d39ed2168ed55.jpg

Also I know this is the wrong topic, but, @Scott W does this look like it could be one of your roeb x rec hybrids?  

20231123_160256.thumb.jpg.b6342c2036899537c1c739ee4b4381dd.jpg20231123_160311.thumb.jpg.b3f8360f852ccc750160fe2ec792e082.jpg

• Like 3

@Jesse PNW I have been known to grow palm seedlings in recycled water bottles, though I don't cuts drainage slots that large.  Regardless, I'd say it definitely needs a larger pot.

1 hour ago, Scott W said:

@Jesse PNW I have been known to grow palm seedlings in recycled water bottles, though I don't cuts drainage slots that large.  Regardless, I'd say it definitely needs a larger pot.

Not to drift further off topic from Mules, but do you have any of those roeb x reclinata hybrids for sale ?

@Scott W the bottle is mine, it had long roots and wouldn't fit in a conventional pot. I believe it came in a Mt dew bottle IIRC. 

I believe it is the only roeb x rec that survived the rat apocalypse late last winter,  but I had a question mark next to the label.  I was curious if you could tell based on the strap leaf appearance and form. 

I am happy to report that many of your hybrid cycads are thriving. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jesse PNW said:

@Scott W the bottle is mine, it had long roots and wouldn't fit in a conventional pot. I believe it came in a Mt dew bottle IIRC. 

I believe it is the only roeb x rec that survived the rat apocalypse late last winter,  but I had a question mark next to the label.  I was curious if you could tell based on the strap leaf appearance and form. 

I am happy to report that many of your hybrid cycads are thriving. 

Glad to hear on the cycads, and yeah Mt Dew bottle would have been mine.

@Robbertico18 I'll look this afternoon now that the rain has passed and see if I have more.  If I do I'll let you know, and u can get a comparison for you then @Jesse PNW

On 11/27/2023 at 6:41 AM, Scott W said:

@Robbertico18 I'll look this afternoon now that the rain has passed and see if I have more.  If I do I'll let you know, and u can get a comparison for you then @Jesse PNW

So unfortunately I do not have any more in my inventory...though I swear I had half a tray full still.  However, the owner of the parent plant may still have some...I'll have to check with him.

• Like 1

Thanks for checking

also, just out of curiosity would you be willing to do local pick up to save on shipping? 
I’m just up the road from you in Savannah and could blend it in with a Trader Joe’s run to drive down to Jax 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 4:44 PM, Robbertico18 said:

Thanks for checking

also, just out of curiosity would you be willing to do local pick up to save on shipping? 
I’m just up the road from you in Savannah and could blend it in with a Trader Joe’s run to drive down to Jax 

I absolutely can do that.  Also, I rescind my previous statement regarding the hybrids ...found them last night tucked behind my now much taller Dypsis pembana and Adonidia merrillii seedlings 

20231130_151532.thumb.jpg.6fd76437bfacef17a2a40e5fc00111cf.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still have plenty of mules available for US shipping only.

I can fit up to 4 per box.  Message me with quantity and zip code for an accurate price including shipping.  These are more than ready to be potted up into 3 gallons or directly in the ground.

Thanks 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I've been considering whether I wanna try one of these or not, really tossed between livistona nitida and a mule 🤔

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My husband purchased two of these from this sellers ebay shop as a valentines gift. I was so happy with them! They look great despite arctic weather during shipping here in Virginia. I am hoping to purchase two more. Great seller!! And if the seller sees this, do you recommend putting a heat mat beneath these two until I get them outside? And if so, what temperature?

My first Mule Palms Valentines Gift 2024.jpeg

Edited by kimgerlach1

On 2/5/2024 at 7:46 AM, Scott W said:

These are more than ready to be potted up into 3 gallons or directly in the ground.

Hi Scott, I received these two in my picture above as a gift yesterday and they are from your eBay shop. My question is that on the 5th of February you stated that they are ready to be potted up into 3 gallons. Your ebay ad for this says they are ready to be bumped up to 1 gallon containers. Which do you think is right for these two? You just shipped these out to me from my husbands ebay (Darren Gerlach on North Anna Drive in VA if that helps to jog your memory).

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 10:54 AM, WattsZ said:

Are there any mule palms left?

Yes

On 2/21/2024 at 12:47 PM, kimgerlach1 said:

Hi Scott, I received these two in my picture above as a gift yesterday and they are from your eBay shop. My question is that on the 5th of February you stated that they are ready to be potted up into 3 gallons. Your ebay ad for this says they are ready to be bumped up to 1 gallon containers. Which do you think is right for these two? You just shipped these out to me from my husbands ebay (Darren Gerlach on North Anna Drive in VA if that helps to jog your memory).

They could go into either to be honest.  With 1 gallons you may be repotting them by the end of this year.  These were growing in full sun and you should have no problems with them taking full sun there.

Thanks for the purchase!

1 hour ago, Scott W said:

They could go into either to be honest.  With 1 gallons you may be repotting them by the end of this year.  These were growing in full sun and you should have no problems with them taking full sun there.

Thanks for the purchase!

Thank you Scott for that info, I will put them into 3 gallons then after I have them for a few weeks or closer to spring. I have one more question though, do you recommend putting a heat mat beneath these two until I get them outside? And if so, what temperature?

And thank you in advance! These were at the top of my "want" list and I'm so happy to have them. I'm going to try to get two more from you soon.