IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

The "Devil" ist still alive and driving the Z4 M roadster :-)

Z4Devil

Dear all -

how many years I have been absent ... I didn't count and don't know it. The most important thing for me is: I am here again, among so many lovely and supportive people. Only this counts, nothing else.
There are moments in life where I don't understand life. Good things happened but bad as well. you win when you know how to deal with it and don't give up on yourself.

Happy to talk to with you again, today is a good day. 😇

PS: my giant H. forsteriana called "Nemesis" is still alive. And ... my home is too small meanwhile.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Member of the ultimate Lytocaryum fan society :)

12 minutes ago, RedRabbit said:

Pic of the car?

Here you go 😉image.thumb.jpeg.4541a72f5f91f7ac7212b1e08a79abeb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a16b772f0d6fab7727cbdb98644ce792.jpeg

• Like 3

Welcome back! Although I am not here as much either... happy to see you checked in and are doing OK!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

This is one of the posts I have been waiting for so much. This!Is!My!BS Man! Yay! 🥰
I could see so many familiar people from the past, unbelievable. It's just like coming home. 
To quote Stitch (the cute alien from the movie "Lilo & Stitch"):
"Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind."

Big hugs to all,

Verena

• Like 3

My son is an ex BMW Tech, did his Appenticeship with BWW Australia in Darwin. He knows of one of these in Darwin, has done some work on it....
Anyways he's crossed over to the 'dark side' in recent years, has done a second trade as a heavy diesel fitter ( much more money/salary in the field ) but still dabbles with local Bimmers in his shed on weekends.

Edited by greysrigging
spelling
  • Like 2

@ Darold: 😘

And thanks to all, in this or other threads. It feels so good to be here.

• Like 1

Welcome back...it seems like many years have gone by...

Although I also don't post too much here, I do visit every couple of weeks...life has its challenges sometimes!

Daryl

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

🥰

It has been many years, yes. But to see so many familiar friends is my highlight. Good to know you are still here, Daryl.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 10:26 PM, Z4Devil said:

This is one of the posts I have been waiting for so much. This!Is!My!BS Man! Yay! 🥰
I could see so many familiar people from the past, unbelievable. It's just like coming home. 
To quote Stitch (the cute alien from the movie "Lilo & Stitch"):
"Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind."

Big hugs to all,

Verena

Very nice to know I was missed too. Seeing your name on the posts brought a smile to my face! :D

I've added to my stable since you were last here... I figured you would appreciate ...

301758620_614000910257368_3059908706871591573_n.jpg

• Like 2

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

And this past weekend.... if the FB link shows up.  I'll at least provide the pic..

May be an image of 1 person, standing, car and road

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=832263718572624&set=a.772936827838647

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill! WOW! A Lotus, right? See many of them, always when the Emmy needs a check-up. We both have the same blood in our veins - racing and having fun. 😃 The first car in white .. which model is it? Anyway, you always make  my day. 🥰

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:31 AM, Z4Devil said:

Bill! WOW! A Lotus, right? See many of them, always when the Emmy needs a check-up. We both have the same blood in our veins - racing and having fun. 😃 The first car in white .. which model is it? Anyway, you always make  my day. 🥰

Yep. Lotus :D The Blue and Orange ones.  The Silver Car #0 on the rack is my 2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP coupe.  Fun car and peppy.  Glad you like them too.  Happy racing to you and nice to see you back! B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 10:08 AM, BS Man about Palms said:

And this past weekend.... if the FB link shows up.  I'll at least provide the pic..

May be an image of 1 person, standing, car and road

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=832263718572624&set=a.772936827838647

336639895_1900633496968401_1005186892309975206_n.jpg

• Like 3