IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

What a mess - do not click any of the scam links

UK_Palms

Just a heads up that similar links that were spammed onto another online forum resulted in users having personal information and credit credit details stolen. Do not open the posts. Certainly do not risk clicking any links in there by mistake.

The site must have been hit by bots or ransomware/Trojan or something. I have noticed it more and more in recent weeks. They are hoping someone accidentally clicks a link and they get your details from your desktop. Be careful.

Hopefully mods can take them down but there is like 20+ pages of it spammed. This is certainly the worst case of it I have ever seen. Very annoying as we can’t see the most recent legitimate posts on here without trawling through all this nonsense. Stay safe.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Dry-summer Oceanic climate (9a)

Average annual precipitation - 18.7 inches : Average annual sunshine hours - 1725

3 minutes ago, UK_Palms said:

Just a heads up that similar links that were spammed onto another online forum resulted in users having personal information and credit credit details stolen. Do not open the posts. Certainly do not risk clicking any links in there by mistake.

The site must have been hit by bots or ransomware/Trojan or something. I have noticed it more and more in recent weeks. They are hoping someone accidentally clicks a link and they get your details from your desktop. Be careful.

Hopefully mods can take them down but there is like 20+ pages of it spammed. This is certainly the worst case of it I have ever seen. Very annoying as we can’t see the most recent legitimate posts on here without trawling through all this nonsense. Stay safe.

this is all disgusting

• Like 2

Lucas

2 hours ago, Little Tex said:

this is all disgusting

There are 37 pages solid of all this crap now just from the past few hours. The mods are going to have their work cut out trying to remove it all. I have never seen bot spam this bad on any forum before. The main section is flooded. I don’t understand how all these fake/bot accounts were able to get authorised in one go? There must have been loads of submissions, which should have appeared sketchy. Or is it some kind of virus in the system that is generating and approving its own accounts to use?

• Like 1

Dry-summer Oceanic climate (9a)

Average annual precipitation - 18.7 inches : Average annual sunshine hours - 1725

This is bad especially considering how many minors(including me) are on this site, but I made my account not to long ago and I dont remember my account needing to be authorized.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lucas

What is this "mystery" site?

Steve

Born in the Bronx

Raised in Brooklyn

Matured In Wai`anae

I can't be held responsible for anything I say or do....LOL

@WaianaeCrider Be happy you can't see the 46+ pages of absolutely revolting trash spam posts that greeted everyone this morning. Our Palm Mod has been hard at work today, and will probably have several more days of work to keep our PalmTalk site clean from these insane bots. Thank you Palm Mod!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

19 minutes ago, Kim said:

@WaianaeCrider Be happy you can't see the 46+ pages of absolutely revolting trash spam posts that greeted everyone this morning. Our Palm Mod has been hard at work today, and will probably have several more days of work to keep our PalmTalk site clean from these insane bots. Thank you Palm Mod!

Thanks Kim. These nut cases are trying 24/7 to hack into and onto popular sites. Some are more clever than others. They find holes - we plug 'em. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Thank you, so much,  Dean for your constant work !  :greenthumb:

• Upvote 1

San Francisco, California

I havent clicked on any and dont plan to. Luckily registrations to the forum have been disabled temporarily. If nothing can be done to stop this, i would consider the forum too unsafe to frequent myself on at that point. Sometimes accidental clicks happen. Whatever this group is has utilized the guest posting feature earlier today and created their trash in the Tahina section.

As @Little Texmentioned, there are minors on here, myself included. It really is a safety hazard to everyone here and hopefully it can be addressed within the next couple of days. As i stated in the thread i created on the matter, the forum is under cyber attack, and all we can really do right now is report and remove.

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

Tahina Questions has been absolutely trashed. 

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

Guys, it's not necessary to post screenshots of those links. Remember? We don't want to see them? Someone said minors should not be subjected to this disgusting garbage? Report, yes. Please refrain from unnecessary sharing of the very same stuff nobody wants to see. Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

21 hours ago, Kim said:

Guys, it's not necessary to post screenshots of those links. Remember? We don't want to see them? Someone said minors should not be subjected to this disgusting garbage? Report, yes. Please refrain from unnecessary sharing of the very same stuff nobody wants to see. Thank you.

I didnt see this until now. Just posted one and didnt realize i have been asked to stop. I reckon we will see it anyway, with or without the screenshots. I apologize.