IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Post your California and Arizona Baobab Trees

bubba

The largest Baobab’s I have seen in South Florida are at Young’s Circle in Hollywood, Florida. They are nearly a 100 years old and are monolithic in size. According to many sites, Baobab’s can be grown in California and I would assume Arizona. This is a relatively young Baobab, whose age I am uncertain:

3934691A-8AFB-447E-86A2-F8173CAAE28C.thumb.jpeg.afd430a7f6b234d075a4c958cfebd479.jpeg

• Like 3

What you look for is what is looking

Beautiful specimen in Tenerife! It is planted a bit close to the road and if it carries on like the Baobab’s in South Florida, there will be a significant struggle between Mother Nature and all that is of human invention in the future!

• Like 2

What you look for is what is looking

Cuando eso pase conduciremos coches voladores 🙃🙂,no hará falta tanta carretera !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bubba said:

Pretty impressive.  My experience with Adansonia digitata here in Encinitas is they are very slow and seem to want more heat.  The last few summers it has been late June or early July before it starts getting new foliage and drops it in November or December.   They have A za  and at least one other species at Quail, oops San Diego Botanical Garden.   I just saw Matt P's A za a couple of nights ago too, in University City portion of San Diego.   He said it is pretty  slow for him, just like the one at Quail, despite being in one of the warmest spots in his garden.   I have to wonder if Gary Levine has any of the species in his much warmer Escondido location.   It seems that would be the spot here since his property is in a prime location for drainage of cold air, avoiding the winter lows that can occur in most of Escondido. 

• Like 2

33.0782 North -117.305 West  at 72 feet elevation