IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Attalea Cohune in Flower.

65Pedro

Years ago on Palmtalk I said my Attalea was Attalea amygdalina. It's NOT.  The fronds have NO petiole and the leaflets are very different and Amygdalina is said to have NO trunk. 

It's been throwing a  pedunce out  for a few years but NO flowering. It's got 2 VERY large Flowering peduncles and "bee's galore" pollinating her.  I started growing Palms 30+ yrs ago .

When I get a chance with Tigers Mobile I'll get a shot of the whole Palm which is trunking and over a mtr wide and massive fronds.

The flowering section itself IS a good mtr long so LOTS of seed will come off the 2 Peduncles. Time to get some Bee Hives with SO many flowering Palms,Tree's, Orchids, Anthuriums, Philodendrons, Fruit tree's , Cactus, Bamboo's, Bromeliads, Vines etc. Good for ya Brain to be into ALL plants and GOOD for "Mother Earth" and the local wildlife.

VERY healthy addiction being a "plant addict" 😊Happy Gardening to ALL.

image1 (2).jpeg

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Looking forward to more pictures of this palm.

• Like 2

Andrei W. Konradi, Burlingame, California.  Vicarious appreciator of palms in other people's gardens and in habitat

Love this palm. I have a very small 5 gallon growing indoors this winter and I am hooked on this palm. I hope to one day get some big enough to plant in the ground. Looking forward to more pictures. 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the comments. Till Tiger get back there are LOTS of  pics on Palmpedia as  

and even then the fronds where huge.

The Bee's LOVED the flowers on this Palm, I have 2 huge 

• Dypsis ampasindavae  flowering  and NO bee's at all. 🤔🤔  Edric your "welcome" to put ANY Palms I post onto Palmpedia mate.

All the Best Pete.

• Like 1

Pedro ain't that the bee's knees!🐝 Naht but that's interesting about them. When my sabals bloom they are covered in all flying insects,

from bees to wasps to flies and beetles ( the non-insidious sort!

S. bermudana has a pleasant sweet smell, sorta like a toned down Ligustrum sp. Not too much.

Those flowers are so massive!Formidable