IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

My 25g wodyetia winter update

Rickybobby

Hey everyone. Was visiting my dad today. My foxtail winters here every year since my dad has massive ceilings in his house. As this is the reality of over wintering palms In 15g pots and larger

also we used to loose a grind right away every winter this year with the light stand the palm is actually doing very well 

my daughter for scale 

DEF689AC-4D39-4B32-BF70-8F2B91BD3E6A.jpeg

EBD14BF5-3CF4-4210-B637-6B6914954E3A.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Very nice looking palm.  I've got one that isn't that tall that has remained so far outside under the canopy of a Calif. pepper tree.  Was this germinated by you from seed?  Do you know it's age?  In your drop lights, do you have 200 or 300 watt bulbs in them.  Do you know the temp. indoors where it is located.  I'm using a duplicate set up inside my race car trailer for 150 Dypsis Decaryi that are about 2 1/2 y.o. and found it to raise the inside temp's about 10 degrees F.

Survived Feb. 9, 1971 & Jan. 17, 1994 earthquakes   Before Palms, there was a special airplane

619382403_F-117landingsmallest.jpg.0441eed7518a280494a59fcdaf23756d.jpg

Looks good considering it is stuck indoors all winter.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

7 hours ago, Bkue said:

You should clean your door. And maybe sweep. 

I think the door is shadows. But yeah, his dad would like the floor vacuumed. I think the palm still has a lot of room to grow in that pot.

Nice Palm. I had to resort to putting mine in the Garage where I have a taller ceiling. And This might be the last year for it in there since it is really going to outgrow every place at my House. I always have to tip the Palm some so that the newest Spear can completely grow out. I feel like i need at least two more feet. The plus for me in the Garage is that the last two winters, I had no Spider Mites as it's too cool. It stays 40-45F in there in the Winter. 

I need to find someone in my neighborhood that has Tall ceilings like your Dad.

This is my Foxtail.

image.thumb.jpeg.079be39c37c376ee62f175604e8b61ff.jpeg

• Like 4

On 1/9/2023 at 1:22 AM, Bkue said:

You should clean your door. And maybe sweep. 

It's my dads house. He doesn't care. 

On 1/8/2023 at 5:41 PM, PalmatierMeg said:

Looks good considering it is stuck indoors all winter.

Thanks Meg doing my best. 

On 1/8/2023 at 3:39 PM, TheMadScientist said:

Very nice looking palm.  I've got one that isn't that tall that has remained so far outside under the canopy of a Calif. pepper tree.  Was this germinated by you from seed?  Do you know it's age?  In your drop lights, do you have 200 or 300 watt bulbs in them.  Do you know the temp. indoors where it is located.  I'm using a duplicate set up inside my race car trailer for 150 Dypsis Decaryi that are about 2 1/2 y.o. and found it to raise the inside temp's about 10 degrees F.

House is 71f. Lights are 100 watts and 60watts this palm has no problem indoors. Just needs light 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Please everyone my dad is very old. Please it's not nice commenting on the cleanliness of his home. Really. However he cares very much of my palm and takes great care of it