• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Looking for all issues for vol. 65(2021) of PALMS

Boillat

Hello,

I am the Head Librarian af the Geneva Botanical Garden, Switzerland. We own a full set of the journals PRINCIPE and PALMS from inception in 1956. Unfortunately we did not received the four issues of the vol. 65(2021) of PALMS and now these issues are out of stock. I am looking for these four issues as second-hand issues. May I ask the members of IPS if somebody would be ready to offer/sell these four issues, please? Of course we are ready to pay the postage costs from anywhere to Switzerland. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Best regards,

Pierre Boillat
Head Librarian

Conservatoire et Jardin botaniques de Genève
Bibliothèque
Chemin de l'Impératrice 1
1292 Chambésy/Genève (Switzerland)

periodiques.cjb@ville-ge.ch

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2023 at 12:25 AM, Boillat said:

Hello,

I am the Head Librarian af the Geneva Botanical Garden, Switzerland. We own a full set of the journals PRINCIPE and PALMS from inception in 1956. Unfortunately we did not received the four issues of the vol. 65(2021) of PALMS and now these issues are out of stock. I am looking for these four issues as second-hand issues. May I ask the members of IPS if somebody would be ready to offer/sell these four issues, please? Of course we are ready to pay the postage costs from anywhere to Switzerland. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Best regards,

Pierre Boillat
Head Librarian

Bibliothèque

Hello,

I have ALL except for VOL. 65(1). So, 3/4....

I could send you these if you like. Im sorry I havent found the fourth one yet, but I will keep looking. All are in very good condition. Please PM me for details info. etc..

I also think you should PM the moderator and see if they will make an exception for your request in the "Discussing Palm Trees" forum as it has high visibility and interaction. Perhaps they feel the subject might be worthwhile to put there, given your library status to promote palms, conservation and education.

Oakley, California

55 Miles E-NE of San Francisco, CA

Solid zone 9, I can expect at least one night in the mid to low twenties every year.

Hot, dry summers. Cold, wet winters.

Hello Patrick,

Many thanks for your message. What's a good news! Of course I accept your kindly proposition. If you are ready to ship us the issues 2, 3 and 4 of the vol. 65 of PALMS, that will be wonderful. Please could you send them to our following address?

Bibliothèque (périodiques)
Case postale 71
1292 Chambésy-Genève (Switzerland)

I can reimburse the shipping costs with PayPal. Would it be OK for you?

Kind regards,

Pierre

Pierre Boillat
Head Librarian

Bibliothèque

On 1/6/2023 at 12:25 AM, Boillat said:

Hello Pierre,

Very good, I will send them in the next day or two. I need to find a good box to put them in. I have many to choose from in my receiving department at work, aah but which size is best?! I will figure something out. If I used a soft padded envelope I don't think they would arrive safely. I will let you know when they are in the mail, and get you the tracking number....

Oakley, California

55 Miles E-NE of San Francisco, CA

Solid zone 9, I can expect at least one night in the mid to low twenties every year.

Hot, dry summers. Cold, wet winters.

• 2 months later...

I would be happy to send you my copy of  Vol 65(1) March 2021 if you have not already obtained a copy.

Please let me know if you would like for me to forward it to you.

Best Regards - gmp