IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

AI generated Palm artwork

Palms and Pines

First one is much better.  Second has a ways to go.

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/@tntropics - 60+ In-ground 7A palms - (Sabal) minor(7 large + 27 seedling size, 3 dwarf),  brazoria(1) , birmingham(4), etonia (1) louisiana(5), palmetto (1), riverside (1),  (Trachycarpus) fortunei(7), wagnerianus(1),  Rhapidophyllum hystrix(7),  15' Mule-Butia x Syagrus(1),  Blue Butia capitata(1) +Tons of tropical plants.  Recent Yearly Lows -1F, 12F, 11F, 18F, 16F, 3F, 3F, 6F, 3F, 1F, 16F, 17F, 6F, 8F

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh I love this last set.  Palms where they wouldn’t normally be.  That 2 legged coconut look alike is great too!  Haha 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ZPalms said:

I got some 🤠

grass-and-tropical-plants-144632049.png

tropical-palm-trees-growing-naturally-in-new-york-in-central-park-with-5th-ave-visible-96930272.png

california-palm-trees-growing-naturally-in-new-york-in-central-park-with-5th-ave-visible-407085287.png

california-palm-trees-growing-naturally-in-new-york-by-the-highway-with-manhatten-in-the-distance-211342766.png

Very Nice!

While I'm not a big fan of the current state of AI generated art, I also really like your concept of adding palm trees in environments where they aren't supposed to exist in current reality.

I can easily imagine these could be prophetic scenes of what could be possible in a warmer climate Earth of the future.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s one of a “pine flatwoods” I typed into the program I was using. Not bad but where’s the saw palmetto? Haha . I kind of forgot I made this thread because unfortunately my bank canceled my card because the software I was using was out of Asia lol. Stopped using it after that.

8559A0DA-A0D2-4B86-9A50-BEA67A9E1CB6.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BayAndroid said:

So I've been loosely following this stuff, do you generate it via a website, or downloaded software? Dall E 2?

This is the site I used, it’s out of Taiwan I think and I believe there’s a free trial of 10 images, there are better ones out there for  sure though, but It was kind of fun. Occasionally the ai will produce an abomination though.

https://www.fotor.com/features/ai-image-generator/

4 hours ago, BayAndroid said:

So I've been loosely following this stuff, do you generate it via a website, or downloaded software? Dall E 2?

The best one by far is midjourney AI, kind of a pioneer, its a simple discord bot

here's some more info"https://www.thetrumpet.com/26893-a-computer-created-our-cover-image"

here's the link to get started, you have quite a few free samples and its pretty cheap and powerful and simple

https://www.midjourney.com

• Like 1

Lucas

Wow didn’t actually realize there was so many different sites for creating AI art, shows how far technology has come.

• 10 months later...
On 1/8/2023 at 3:31 PM, Nomad NYC said:

Very Nice!

While I'm not a big fan of the current state of AI generated art, I also really like your concept of adding palm trees in environments where they aren't supposed to exist in current reality.

I can easily imagine these could be prophetic scenes of what could be possible in a warmer climate Earth of the future.

It's been almost a year later, and  AI generated art I feel has immensely improved during that time  -  I just recently  got a Midjourney subscription,  so I then took some inspiration from my recent Spring vacation in Hawaii,  the previous earlier pictures from  @ZPalms , along with speculations of the future taken from the recent USDA agriculture Zone map, to create several wacky-looking palm scenes of my own.

So on that note, I hereby present to you all what I call...  " Visions of a Zone 11A Manhattan " .  :D 

1AgcIp.png

zY2LFV.png     1sI52x.png

UI8am0.png     UDu4aC.png

1sI52x.png     mTDdCJ.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hbernstein said:

Zone 11a is wasted on Phoenix and Washingtonia. Why not throw in some Coconut and Veitchia?

At the moment, requesting a specific species in the picture generation prompts in Midjourney is not so precise - It simply would not know what a "Veitchia " was.  "Phoenix" or Washingtonia"  Palm trees are shown more often in generative AI artwork,  mainly due to the fact that there are simply far more pictures of those types of palm trees on the internet, due to the influence of so many Los Angeles, Miami,  films and movies , etc.

All one can do is input "palms", and the generative algorithm will put in the most common pictures of palms on the 'Net. 

• Like 1

I don't agree with Biden on everything, but I like what he did with the White House lawn.

whitehouse1.thumb.jpeg.86ffffa0601c780029b34f2b342e1799.jpeg

whitehouse2.thumb.jpeg.89c603b895d15b3a36d5894b2f5b336c.jpeg

• Like 1

Westchase | 9b 10a  ◆  Nokomis | 10a  ◆  St. Petersburg | 10a 10b 

23 hours ago, RedRabbit said:

Welcome to Chicago, the Miami of Canada.

chicago3.thumb.jpeg.6b43a8d90d07456e20f73178e3889e04.jpegchicago4.thumb.jpeg.d298a65cb4f68095185ec68cd0ef744d.jpeg

chiago2.thumb.jpeg.5a8edbe84c42d0998d619d9251573f04.jpeg

I used to live in Chicago, I'm back in Miami now. My head is going to explode!

• Like 1