IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

My New Weather Station!

Xerarch

So I bought me a weather station for my wife to give to me for Christmas. But with this coming cold snap I had to get it set up early so I can get the readings of what (I hope) will be the lowest temps of this winter. It’s the Ambient Weather WS-2000, I have it set up to be visible on the Ambient Weather website. Would like to have it show up in Wunderground as well but that can wait for a convenient time. 
865FCF6D-7BBD-459A-8845-951CB0FA74FA.thumb.jpeg.b2f57d2c1ef9ad0e82a546f9e1c8bedd.jpeg

• Like 7

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

Thats the same unit I got last year. So far so good. Some of the sensors I bought with it have failed but over all its been pretty reliable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, D. Morrowii said:

Thats the same unit I got last year. So far so good. Some of the sensors I bought with it have failed but over all its been pretty reliable.

Good to know, so far my readings are in line with others around me so it seems good, I've wondered about ordering some extra sensors for around the yard.

• Like 1

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

I just bought the same system a week ago and have enjoyed it. I have mine online with both Weather Underground and Ambient Weather. Hope you enjoy yours as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xerarch said:

Good to know, so far my readings are in line with others around me so it seems good, I've wondered about ordering some extra sensors for around the yard.

I got a couple extra outdoor temp/humidity sensors 2 temp probe sensors and 3 moisture sensors. They were about half the normal cost at the time I picked up WS2000. I wish I would have got more at that discount! Everything still works except two of the moisture sensors conked out on me. Also if you let the temp/humidity sensors fall over the display will probably quit working. 

• Like 2

You bought yourself a new weather station so your wife can give it to you for Christmas. OMG 

Now that's a wife!

Nice

• Like 2

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

7 hours ago, Xerarch said:

So I bought me a weather station for my wife to give to me for Christmas. But with this coming cold snap I had to get it set up early so I can get the readings of what (I hope) will be the lowest temps of this winter. It’s the Ambient Weather WS-2000, I have it set up to be visible on the Ambient Weather website. Would like to have it show up in Wunderground as well but that can wait for a convenient time. 
865FCF6D-7BBD-459A-8845-951CB0FA74FA.thumb.jpeg.b2f57d2c1ef9ad0e82a546f9e1c8bedd.jpeg

Congrats on your purchase/gift! 

I don’t think the anemometer will work well at that height, but it may still not work well 30’ higher either. It looks situated ideally for the thermometer. 

• Like 2

Westchase | 9b 10a  ◆  Nokomis | 10a  ◆  St. Petersburg | 10a 10b 

23 minutes ago, RedRabbit said:

Congrats on your purchase/gift! 

I don’t think the anemometer will work well at that height, but it may still not work well 30’ higher either. It looks situated ideally for the thermometer. 

That's exactly right, my primary concern is accurate temperature measurement,  so I placed the assembly accordingly, besides the anemometer will be fine to tell me the wind speed I will personally experience in my back yard, which is good enough for me.

• Like 2