IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Yeehova

I purchased seeds from CollectorsPalms over a month ago.  The last I heard from him he verified payment and said I would receive the seeds in about a week- that would have been a month ago.  He has not responded to multiple messages even though I can see he has logged in several times in the past month.  If you choose to go through this 'seller' please use a payment method that can be refunded.  I hope I can update this positively in the future, but I have doubts.  Buyer Beware.

Edited by Yeehova
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This same thing happened to me back in october I asked for some seeds and he said he would send me them in a week, but a month later he hasn't responded. I am wondering what happened! I now have lost $30 That I will never seen again!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

An Autistic 18 year old who has an obsession with Palms!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't buy any seeds from him but I did do a trade.  I shipped him my seeds and he just ignores my emails.   

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/3/2022 at 3:07 PM, Reyes Vargas said:

I didn't buy any seeds from him but I did do a trade.  I shipped him my seeds and he just ignores my emails.   

Sorry, I sent you $30, just payed via Payal  for the complimentary seeds to cover your time and kindness

Ryan. 

Current Texas Gardening Zone 9a, Mean (1999-2024): 22F Low/104F High. Yearly Precipitation 39.17 inches.

Extremes: Low Min 4F 2021, 13.8F 2024. High Max 112F 2011/2023, Precipitation Max 58 inches 2015, Lowest 19 Inches 2011.

Weather Station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KTXCOLLE465

Ryan (Paleoclimatologist Since 4 billion Years ago, Meteorologist/Earth Scientist/Physicist Since 1995, Savy Horticulturist Since Birth.)

On 11/22/2022 at 3:15 PM, EJ NJ said:

This same thing happened to me back in october I asked for some seeds and he said he would send me them in a week, but a month later he hasn't responded. I am wondering what happened! I now have lost $30 That I will never seen again!

Sorry, Check your Paypal, You should see the refund. Thank you for your understanding during my health complications.

Ryan

Current Texas Gardening Zone 9a, Mean (1999-2024): 22F Low/104F High. Yearly Precipitation 39.17 inches.

Extremes: Low Min 4F 2021, 13.8F 2024. High Max 112F 2011/2023, Precipitation Max 58 inches 2015, Lowest 19 Inches 2011.

Ryan (Paleoclimatologist Since 4 billion Years ago, Meteorologist/Earth Scientist/Physicist Since 1995, Savy Horticulturist Since Birth.)

On 3/24/2023 at 6:17 PM, Collectorpalms said:

Thank you for your understanding during my health complications.

Ryan

Ryan, great to see you back posting again - hope you are doing well! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jon Sunder

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan refunded me the money I had sent him, citing health issues.  Ryan I hope you're on the mend.  I appreciate you getting back to us.  I hope you're doing better now, whatever the issue may have been.   God knows I've had my share of health issues, I know how catastrophic complications can be.  And you know it's probably a good thing I didn't get those seeds, as virtually all of my seedlings got devoured by rats this winter.  

Take care.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 4:07 PM, Reyes Vargas said:

Did he actually refund you?

On 11/22/2022 at 4:15 PM, EJ NJ said:

Did he ever refund you?

On 5/16/2023 at 7:33 PM, Yeehova said:

Did he ever refund you?

This is Ryan, if you did not get a refund or seeds I could not find your info at the time. so please contact me directly on how you want to be compensated. They are plenty of good Washingtonia Filifera Seeds. Id be happy to refund you. Next time I can make it the mail is 5/24. Best contact is my cell. Text , name, address and amount paid and how you take payment. Apologies.

On 12/3/2022 at 3:07 PM, Reyes Vargas said:

I have the seeds, I have decided to pot them up, and with luck can send you seedlings.

Thanks for responding Ryan.  I got seeds from another source, so I don't need anymore.  I just wanted a follow up, so thanks.  I hope you are well.

• Like 1