IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Christmas lights what wattage for winter wrapping for heat?

vistaprime

Hi, will any non-led Christmas lights work? do they have to be a certain wattage? I am looking at getting these and based on the comments other zone pushers have used them as well for winter.  but I'm wondering if I should look for lights with higher wattage. these are just 7 watts. Is that sufficient:  

C9 Clear Christmas Lights Set - Indoor/Outdoor Christmas Light String - Christmas Tree Lights - Hanging Christmas Lights - Roofline Light String - Outdoor Patio String Lights - Green Wire - 25 Foot : Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Edited by vistaprime
#zonepushing #palm #hardy #wrapping

Yes. C9 is what you want. You can usually connect about 4 sets together if you need to without blowing fuses. Price seems awfully high in that ad. Check local Lowe's,wal mart,HD right now as the C9 sets seem to sell out quickly.

aztropic

Mesa, Arizona 

• Like 1

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

5 minutes ago, aztropic said:

Yes. C9 is what you want. You can usually connect about 4 sets together if you need to without blowing fuses. Price seems awfully high in that ad. Check local Lowe's,wal mart,HD right now as the C9 sets seem to sell out quickly.

aztropic

Mesa, Arizona 

All of the stores you mentioned has C9 lights right now here. Lowes has a HUGE Christmas display this year. 

• Like 2

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

13 hours ago, aztropic said:

aztropic

Mesa, Arizona 

You will need to factor in conversion to CAnadian dollars. Lowes is way too pricey and homedepot is comparable. I think I will stick to amazon.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/christmas-string-lights/northlight-24-ft-clear-and-white-opaque-c9-christmas-light-set-25-light-331054673

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/northlight-25-count-clear-transparent-c9-christmas-string-light-set-24ft-green-wire/1001588945?rrec=true

and walmart doesn't have any available:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/C9-Clear-Christmas-String-Lights-Outdoor-Lights-String-Hanging-Roofline-Patio-Decor-Green-Wire-25-Feet/PRD5H2WT6NYRM60

Ahh,CAD... I suppose the price is comparable. Here they are at my US HD.:greenthumb:

aztropic

Mesa, Arizona 

IMG_20221001_145520831.jpg

Mesa, Arizona

Lowes has a HUGE overstock of C9's this year. Hundreds of sets per store. There will definitely be plenty available at half price after the holidays...

IMG_20221002_134517060.jpg

Mesa, Arizona