Jump to content

Free Phoenix hybrid seeds


Reyes Vargas
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a few seeds from my Phoenix hybrid palm that I will send to whoever wants some.  First come first serve.  I have a limited amount since I am going to germinate the rest.  If anyone is interested please PM.

Pictures of the moma and papa palms.

IMG_20220912_084307252.thumb.jpg.499f4733361096ee008b28f7a4e82a32.jpgIMG_20220912_084258127.thumb.jpg.7d49b0fe819e4afcd142a88cc29cafa3.jpgIMG_20220912_084321472.thumb.jpg.34df805438010df020409e659432ae45.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 11:57 AM, Reyes Vargas said:

I have a few seeds from my Phoenix hybrid palm that I will send to whoever wants some.  First come first serve.  I have a limited amount since I am going to germinate the rest.  If anyone is interested please PM.

Pictures of the moma and papa palms.

IMG_20220912_084307252.thumb.jpg.499f4733361096ee008b28f7a4e82a32.jpgIMG_20220912_084258127.thumb.jpg.7d49b0fe819e4afcd142a88cc29cafa3.jpgIMG_20220912_084321472.thumb.jpg.34df805438010df020409e659432ae45.jpg

What kind of hybrid is this? do you know what it's mixed with?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ZPalms I have no idea.  I bought the palms from Florida where all Phoenix palms are hybrids. I bought these as rupicola. My best guess and it is a guess would be rupicola x reclinata.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Reyes Vargas said:

@ZPalms I have no idea.  I bought the palms from Florida where all Phoenix palms are hybrids. I bought these as rupicola. My best guess and it is a guess would be rupicola x reclinata.

Oh very neat, I've never heard of rupicola before. Is this the species that's responsible for some phoenix hybirds having those green tropical looking leaves?

Edited by ZPalms
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2022 at 1:59 PM, Reyes Vargas said:

@ZPalms I have no idea.  I bought the palms from Florida where all Phoenix palms are hybrids. I bought these as rupicola. My best guess and it is a guess would be rupicola x reclinata.

If this is a rupicola x reclinata. do you servant multi Trunks soreading front one single tree?

IF yes would you have any seeds left?

Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rarepalmaddict said:

If this is a rupicola x reclinata. do you servant multi Trunks soreading front one single tree?

IF yes would you have any seeds left?

Thanks 

I'm sorry but I don't understand the question.  If you are asking me if the parent palms have multi trunks and the answer is yes.  Most have about 3 side trunks and only a couple of my palms have like 10 or more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's what I meant, if the palm has multi Trunks this means it is a phoenix reclinata specie.

Now if you have phoenix rupicola x Phoenix reclinata hybrid seeds I would be more then happy to have some (a Lot), and I will be paying all packaging and shipping charges.

In this case in order to have a certain quantity should we waite for your next breeding?

Regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rarepalmaddict said:

That's what I meant, if the palm has multi Trunks this means it is a phoenix reclinata specie.

Now if you have phoenix rupicola x Phoenix reclinata hybrid seeds I would be more then happy to have some (a Lot), and I will be paying all packaging and shipping charges.

In this case in order to have a certain quantity should we waite for your next breeding?

Regards.

I'm sorry but I don't ship to Belgium or anywhere outside of the United States.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, Reyes Vargas said:

I have a few seeds from my Phoenix hybrid palm that I will send to whoever wants some.  First come first serve.  I have a limited amount since I am going to germinate the rest.  If anyone is interested please PM.

Pictures of the moma and papa palms.

IMG_20220912_084307252.thumb.jpg.499f4733361096ee008b28f7a4e82a32.jpgIMG_20220912_084258127.thumb.jpg.7d49b0fe819e4afcd142a88cc29cafa3.jpgIMG_20220912_084321472.thumb.jpg.34df805438010df020409e659432ae45.jpg

Hey, I got two of these from you, one is doing great, ready to be potted up into a 5 gallon. But one I burned with fertilizer and it went down hill.  I'll more than gladly send you shipping and time for seeds as well.

30 Year Zone Average 20F. Ryan: Contact 979.204.4161 Collectorpalms@gmail.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...