IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Florida Winter 2022-2023

JLM

1 hour ago, kinzyjr said:

Ended up with a low of 35F here while the airport got 37F.  The three day lows were 30/30/35 here and 30/28/37 at the airport.  It was clear most of the night, with fewer scattered clouds.

Just came back through the neighborhood and saw banana leaves damaged, plumeria leaves damaged, and some minor damage on the local coconuts out at the ends of the fronds.  A few of the foxtails had some yellowing out at the ends of the leaves at the shopping center.  The final amount of damage won't be known until it warms up though.

Sounds similar to me. I was 31/30/38. My plumeria leaves mostly dropped a month ago as they always do in fall but the existing ones are crinkled now.  A little bronzing on the lower 2 foxtail fronds. Coconut appears ok with lower frond damage but these were already damaged during Ian. Hoping the supplemental heat helped some. 

I did check soil temp throughout. On Christmas Eve it was 58F and today back to 60F. 

20221226_161534.jpg

• Like 7

Do palms that look unaffected during or right after a cold event end up dead later? Yes, that can happen more frequently than you would imagine.  It's especially bad after a really "wet" moderate to long duration freeze - like this one.  Usually, this is the result of undetected bud damage/death, fungal infection, pest attack due to weakness, or some combination of the three.

This pretty much was the 09/10 event in my area, never got much below 33/32 but night after night and little relief during the day was just to much. Many of my coconuts looked like they might be ok but most finally died off.  Lost all but 5 I think, you have seen my yard, that's a lot of dead coconuts. The tall I gave you still alive?

• Like 1

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

I think I had more deaths due to bud damage than anything else.  Frequently there was obvious defoliation or other major visible damage, but that didn't always mean eventual death.  A lot of non-hardy palms (Bottles, Spindles, etc) got completely defoliated last year.  If a new spear was moving or growing during the spring, then they all survived.  Last year a bunch of Gaussia Princeps got torched, and I really thought they were dead.  And then ~3 months after the freeze new spears started popping up...go figure.  On the other side I had a Kerriodoxa Elegans in the backyard in a ~25F cold area.  It took maybe 25% leaf burn, but died of bud rot over the summer.  I thought it was okay, so I didn't bother checking the new spear growth or treating it with Daconil or hydrogen peroxide.

2 hours ago, Jimbean said:

I think that's only about the second time I've seen Merritt Island get below freezing since 1989

Well I’d like to hope that that means I won’t be getting quite that cold again for awhile but….

2 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

Disclaimer: Below is from anecdotal observations only.

What are the stages of freeze damage? Grief, Denial, Bargaining.... whoops, wrong stages.  It's a little different for everything.  Coconuts tend to progressively add damage as the temperature goes up, where some species show damage almost immediately.  On coconuts, you'll probably see some dark green areas where latent damage will show up later.  Adonidia, Veitchia, and Carpentaria tend to get cold spotting and then the damage spreads outward.  Wodyetia tends to get nutrient deficiency and bronzing first, then frond death as the plant tries to harvest the nutrients to recover.

Seems like wilting or bronzing is almost immediate but what comes next? The parts that are bronzed and/or limp turn brown and, most likely, the plant in question will try to replace damaged parts of the crown by harvesting nutrients to recover and push out new growth when it warms up.

Do palms that look unaffected during or right after a cold event end up dead later? Yes, that can happen more frequently than you would imagine.  It's especially bad after a really "wet" moderate to long duration freeze - like this one.  Usually, this is the result of undetected bud damage/death, fungal infection, pest attack due to weakness, or some combination of the three.

@kinzyjr Thanks for the info! I’m seeing a little bit of that dark green and limp on a couple fronds but mostly on the bananas. I’m just hopeful that it is as it seems right now. In other words no or minimal losses. I’ll gave to wait it out and see I suppose. 

• Like 1

Lows for me here were 33, 33, 40 based on the WU stations closest to me. Highs have been terrible just like for everyone else. No damage on the palms or other tropicals in my yard that I can see so far but I know all this prolonged cool is going to do some damage that may not even be apparent until we’ll into spring. 

• Like 2

Parrish, FL

Zone 9B

24 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

I think I had more deaths due to bud damage than anything else.  Frequently there was obvious defoliation or other major visible damage, but that didn't always mean eventual death.  A lot of non-hardy palms (Bottles, Spindles, etc) got completely defoliated last year.  If a new spear was moving or growing during the spring, then they all survived.  Last year a bunch of Gaussia Princeps got torched, and I really thought they were dead.  And then ~3 months after the freeze new spears started popping up...go figure.  On the other side I had a Kerriodoxa Elegans in the backyard in a ~25F cold area.  It took maybe 25% leaf burn, but died of bud rot over the summer.  I thought it was okay, so I didn't bother checking the new spear growth or treating it with Daconil or hydrogen peroxide.

Do you think it’s harmful to treat the smaller palms preventively? It seems like by the time you see signs of bud rot that its already too late. At least in my limited experience. 

13 minutes ago, D. Morrowii said:

Do you think it’s harmful to treat the smaller palms preventively? It seems like by the time you see signs of bud rot that its already too late. At least in my limited experience. 

My plan this year is to treat early, treat often!  I lost 40 palms/cycads after last January's 24-28F freeze + frost.  Some of these were completely torched instantly and were clearly dead by the next afternoon.  But there were a couple that I regret not treating.  An Attalea Cohune was about 75% defoliated, and the before-mentioned Kerriodoxa Elegans was only about 25% burned.  Both died of bud rot over the summer, and I think it's possible that they could have been saved if I'd treated earlier.  I am certain that I saved several plants by frequent Daconil + hydrogen peroxide treatments into the bud.  Several had spear pull or clear spear damage and started growing again not too long after treatment.  In particular I am sure I saved a Cycas Multipinnata, a Jubaea x Butia, a regular Butia, a Caryota Gigas, Coccothrinax Argentata, Copernicia Macroglossa, a Dypsis Leptocheilos, and a couple of Licuala v. Sumawongii.  Ones that I treated and died include the Attalea Cohune & Kerriodoxa Elegans (treated too late), a Cham. Metallica, Allagoptera Caudescens, Dypsis Cabadae, and Dypsis Lanceolata.  As a whole, 9 lived and 6 died...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, redant said:

The mother palm's been through much worse with ZERO damage in the past, went through 09/10 without any long term damage, no other coconut palm that made it through did this. Most of the talls I gave away where to zone pushers, I do wonder how they are all fairing. My mother tall is now about 27 years old, seen lots of bad stuff and always rocks through.

Redant, that’s pretty cool, I would love to get a seed from you for this hardier tall coconut. I have green Malayan dwarf which is not too hardy compared to some of the talls from what I hear.

2 hours ago, Merlyn said:

My plan this year is to treat early, treat often!  I lost 40 palms/cycads after last January's 24-28F freeze + frost.  Some of these were completely torched instantly and were clearly dead by the next afternoon.  But there were a couple that I regret not treating.  An Attalea Cohune was about 75% defoliated, and the before-mentioned Kerriodoxa Elegans was only about 25% burned.  Both died of bud rot over the summer, and I think it's possible that they could have been saved if I'd treated earlier.  I am certain that I saved several plants by frequent Daconil + hydrogen peroxide treatments into the bud.  Several had spear pull or clear spear damage and started growing again not too long after treatment.  In particular I am sure I saved a Cycas Multipinnata, a Jubaea x Butia, a regular Butia, a Caryota Gigas, Coccothrinax Argentata, Copernicia Macroglossa, a Dypsis Leptocheilos, and a couple of Licuala v. Sumawongii.  Ones that I treated and died include the Attalea Cohune & Kerriodoxa Elegans (treated too late), a Cham. Metallica, Allagoptera Caudescens, Dypsis Cabadae, and Dypsis Lanceolata.  As a whole, 9 lived and 6 died...

Well you’ve certainly always had a yard full of natural selection so I’m always interested in your posts! I think eventually your yard will evolve into legendary status amongst us on this forum 😄

• Like 2

Parrish, FL

Zone 9B

1 hour ago, ruskinPalms said:

Well you’ve certainly always had a yard full of natural selection so I’m always interested in your posts!

Well said 😂

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

👀

image.png.876054e5b5c87f43d3fe73ac8d2f17a2.png

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

12 hours ago, TaylorPlantHunter said:

Redant, that’s pretty cool, I would love to get a seed from you for this hardier tall coconut. I have green Malayan dwarf which is not too hardy compared to some of the talls from what I hear.

I have plenty if you ever make it to this area.

Jupiter FL

12 hours ago, ruskinPalms said:

Well you’ve certainly always had a yard full of natural selection so I’m always interested in your posts! I think eventually your yard will evolve into legendary status amongst us on this forum 😄

:floor2:  "A yard full of natural selection."  I'm going to have to start using that!  I hope it does end up in legendary status, but these year-on-year cold fronts are not helping my attempts at zone pushing.  I think that this front will be the nail in the coffin on my biggest Dypsis/Chrysolidacarpus Pembana, and the front yard Caryota Gigas/Obtusa.  Neither had totally recovered from last year and are totally chocolate-brown today.  The Caryota Urens got torched last year but recovered 100% over the summer and should live up to the reputation of being the hardiest Caryota.

10 hours ago, JLM said:

👀

image.png.876054e5b5c87f43d3fe73ac8d2f17a2.png

This cloud cover bumped my temperature from 32F to 36F. I am definitely happy about that!

• Like 2

Here's the temperature data at my place.  I left the "nursery" sensor on the back porch this time, just out of curiosity.  The nursery area is about 6' from the house on the South side, and the porch is not enclosed and right next to it.  Overall it looks like the two spots are identical, just based on previous year's data.  The frost protection is a bit better on the porch.  The nursery area has a couple of 15' queens and some 6' tall Bottles and Flamethrowers, but that's not as complete as a roof.  The porch sensor is in direct sun during the afternoon, so it's reading up into the 80s.  Out in the yard it didn't exceed 50F on either day and barely hit 55F on Monday:

343056715_Christmas20223dayfreeze.thumb.png.65897f44b183334d7924b668fb3d4f58.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Merlyn said:

Here's the temperature data at my place.  I left the "nursery" sensor on the back porch this time, just out of curiosity.  The nursery area is about 6' from the house on the South side, and the porch is not enclosed and right next to it.  Overall it looks like the two spots are identical, just based on previous year's data.  The frost protection is a bit better on the porch.  The nursery area has a couple of 15' queens and some 6' tall Bottles and Flamethrowers, but that's not as complete as a roof.  The porch sensor is in direct sun during the afternoon, so it's reading up into the 80s.  Out in the yard it didn't exceed 50F on either day and barely hit 55F on Monday:

343056715_Christmas20223dayfreeze.thumb.png.65897f44b183334d7924b668fb3d4f58.png

Cool obs and display. You had more sun than we did. All my locations didnt get above 50 for 3 days. You can also see how this arctic airmass was very slow to moderate. The real deal. 

1 hour ago, cocoforcoconuts said:

Does anyone know what the low for this event was on Anna Maria Island? Curious to know if it stayed above 40

Not sure but I looked at Fort DeSoto and 2 locations along the Intercoastal in Bradenton Beach and Longboat Key. All 3 hit lowest between 35 and 38 one night. 

21 hours ago, redant said:

Do palms that look unaffected during or right after a cold event end up dead later? Yes, that can happen more frequently than you would imagine.  It's especially bad after a really "wet" moderate to long duration freeze - like this one.  Usually, this is the result of undetected bud damage/death, fungal infection, pest attack due to weakness, or some combination of the three.

This pretty much was the 09/10 event in my area, never got much below 33/32 but night after night and little relief during the day was just to much. Many of my coconuts looked like they might be ok but most finally died off.  Lost all but 5 I think, you have seen my yard, that's a lot of dead coconuts. The tall I gave you still alive?

Hard to imagine you would lose anything down that way, but Jan. 2010 was an awful winter and Dec. 2010 wasn't exactly a picnic either.

I lost the two talls, but not due to cold.  One of them due to ant infestation while I was out of state, the other I left a little too close to the road and someone scooped it.

17 hours ago, ruskinPalms said:

Well you’ve certainly always had a yard full of natural selection so I’m always interested in your posts! I think eventually your yard will evolve into legendary status amongst us on this forum

:floor2: Now this is a laugh when I could use one. :floor2:

22 hours ago, pj_orlando_z9b said:

Sounds similar to me. I was 31/30/38. My plumeria leaves mostly dropped a month ago as they always do in fall but the existing ones are crinkled now.  A little bronzing on the lower 2 foxtail fronds. Coconut appears ok with lower frond damage but these were already damaged during Ian. Hoping the supplemental heat helped some. 

I did check soil temp throughout. On Christmas Eve it was 58F and today back to 60F. 

The palm looks great considering everything that went down.  I can tell mine will have some damage on the leaflets when it gets to 80F this weekend.  It doesn't seem like Fiji Dwarf will have what it takes to make it here.  The strap leaves all have damage on them, but the spear is fine for now. 

3 hours ago, Merlyn said:

A lot of good information!  Very detailed and concise.

15 hours ago, ChristianStAug said:

What a ridiculous airmass. Please GTFO. :angry::rant:

Yeah, I think at least two of these nights qualify as "evil nights".

• Like 2

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

24 minutes ago, kinzyjr said:

I had at least 4 evil nights, and im hoping for no more evil nights for the rest of the winter, but that doesnt look very promising especially if theres a SSW or stretching event with the polar vortex in January.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, redant said:

I have plenty if you ever make it to this area.

That would be great, what is your location? I have some cool stuff I could trade too.

6 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

Hard to imagine you would lose anything down that way, but Jan. 2010 was an awful winter and Dec. 2010 wasn't exactly a picnic either.

I lost the two talls, but not due to cold.  One of them due to ant infestation while I was out of state, the other I left a little too close to the road and someone scooped it.

:floor2: Now this is a laugh when I could use one. :floor2:

The palm looks great considering everything that went down.  I can tell mine will have some damage on the leaflets when it gets to 80F this weekend.  It doesn't seem like Fiji Dwarf will have what it takes to make it here.  The strap leaves all have damage on them, but the spear is fine for now. 

A lot of good information!  Very detailed and concise.

What would you use for an ant infestation? I see some fire ants every now and then around my rigidas and nitidas. I have a huge fire ant issue on my deltona property even though I’m constantly treating the yard for them ! But I never see any in bokeelia. Go figure. 

3 minutes ago, NickJames said:

What would you use for an ant infestation? I see some fire ants every now and then around my rigidas and nitidas. I have a huge fire ant issue on my deltona property even though I’m constantly treating the yard for them ! But I never see any in bokeelia. Go figure.

When I remember to do it, Amdro near the mounds and then some insecticide spray around the base of the palm usually keeps them at bay.  Where I typically get the worst attacks are on Washingtonia, Cocos, and Phoenix species around the base.  If I tilt the palm, I see caverns ate out of the base and end up having to dispose of the entire palm.  With coconuts, I'll also get them down in the actual coconut.  I also lost a Carpoxylon and a Carpentaria in this manner.  The plant typically doesn't die outright, but never grows normally and seems to get attacked repeatedly after an initial bad attack.

• Like 2

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

9 hours ago, NickJames said:

I live in Bokeelia and have plenty of fire ants.

Palms not just a tree also a state of mind

1 hour ago, Steve the palmreader said:

I live in Bokeelia and have plenty of fire ants.

Shhh…don’t tell them about me. ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

When I remember to do it, Amdro near the mounds and then some insecticide spray around the base of the palm usually keeps them at bay.  Where I typically get the worst attacks are on Washingtonia, Cocos, and Phoenix species around the base.  If I tilt the palm, I see caverns ate out of the base and end up having to dispose of the entire palm.  With coconuts, I'll also get them down in the actual coconut.  I also lost a Carpoxylon and a Carpentaria in this manner.  The plant typically doesn't die outright, but never grows normally and seems to get attacked repeatedly after an initial bad attack.

I wonder us that's what happened to me majesty. I had some ants once and this palm just doesn't grow as expected. Kinda stumpy and smaller. It's fertilized well too.  Then again, majesties are odd sometimes. 

How soon after a freeze like this does everyone start treating with copper fungicide?

Is there a "too soon"?

Banana and Foxtail were unwrapped today, both are alive. The Foxtail has burn marks, probably from the lights (even though i put a sheet on then put lights). Regardless of the burns, its still alive and a new spear has actually emerged since i wrapped it up.

3 hours ago, pj_orlando_z9b said:

I wonder us that's what happened to me majesty. I had some ants once and this palm just doesn't grow as expected. Kinda stumpy and smaller. It's fertilized well too.  Then again, majesties are odd sometimes. 

It's possible.  The symptoms sound congruent with what I've observed.  Were there any tunnels in the base of the palm near the root ball?

You hit the nail on the head about Majesty Palms acting weird.  For whatever reason, I'm 0 for 3 on those.

2 hours ago, floridaPalmMan said:

How soon after a freeze like this does everyone start treating with copper fungicide?

Is there a "too soon"?

If it is staying well above freezing at night, then now is a good time.

45 minutes ago, JLM said:

Banana and Foxtail were unwrapped today, both are alive. The Foxtail has burn marks, probably from the lights (even though i put a sheet on then put lights). Regardless of the burns, its still alive and a new spear has actually emerged since i wrapped it up.

That's good news.  Just took a look at all of my stuff.  I see some leaf damage, but the peroxide test didn't yield any profuse fizzing, so no crown infections as of yet here.

• Like 2

Lakeland, FL

1 minute ago, kinzyjr said:

It's possible.  The symptoms sound congruent with what I've observed.  Were there any tunnels in the base of the palm near the root ball?

You hit the nail on the head about Majesty Palms acting weird.  For whatever reason, I'm 0 for 3 on those.

If it is staying well above freezing at night, then now is a good time.

That's good news.  Just took a look at all of my stuff.  I see some leaf damage, but the peroxide test didn't yield any profuse fizzing, so no crown infections as of yet here.

Ill do a peroxide test today. I wont even worry about the bottle or majesties, they basically melted. Everything else will get it though.

No fizz on the front yard Queen. Back yard Queen is too high up to reach, so it wont be getting any treatments i guess unless i see that its absolutely necessary. Theres less fizz on the pygmy dates than i expected. I assume they are dead but why not try anyway, the spears pulled pretty far up.

Also when i said that the bottle palm basically melted, i didnt quite realize the extent. The entire palm is soft, even the little bit of trunk at the base. That sucker melted.

Edited by JLM
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JLM said:

No fizz on the front yard Queen. Back yard Queen is too high up to reach, so it wont be getting any treatments i guess unless i see that its absolutely necessary. Theres less fizz on the pygmy dates than i expected. I assume they are dead but why not try anyway, the spears pulled pretty far up.

Also when i said that the bottle palm basically melted, i didnt quite realize the extent. The entire palm is soft, even the little bit of trunk at the base. That sucker melted.

Hope the Pygmy dates push out some new growth for you.  In some of the CFPACS member gardens in chilly areas, we've seen them come back from a dip to 19F, but that isn't all that common. 

Lakeland, FL

On 12/28/2022 at 12:34 AM, cocoforcoconuts said:

Does anyone know what the low for this event was on Anna Maria Island? Curious to know if it stayed above 40

There aren’t any Wunderground stations there, but based on @Jimbean’s screenshots I saw Bradenton Beach and NW Bradenton at 39f so AMI was probably around 40f. This image also suggests it may have not gone below 40.

B1074471-167B-4F6E-84D1-168004200066.gif.9d867b359a9a8e2b34c30d94eef27a93.gif

• Upvote 1

Westchase | 9b 10a  ◆  Nokomis | 10a  ◆  St. Petersburg | 10a 10b 

Turns out if you mix a ptychosperma elegans with 25 degree weather it creates a brown chambeyronia macrocarpa 😜.IMG_20221228_151617949.thumb.jpg.5f66b98671b079d246339919d87244b7.jpg

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Zone 9a

On 12/27/2022 at 11:34 AM, cocoforcoconuts said:

Does anyone know what the low for this event was on Anna Maria Island? Curious to know if it stayed above 40.

For future reference,

There are two Davis WeatherLink stations on Anna Maria Island - one at the city pier and another near Manatee County EMS Station 4.

https://www.weatherlink.com/map

Unfortunately, I cannot read the archived data for these stations, only the day to day bulletin. But if anyone out there has a Weatherlink Pro membership/subscription, they probably can.

Example: At the City Pier for December 28 so far, the  high has been 65 and the low 52. There has been 1.66 inches of rain for the month and none for the day.

On 12/27/2022 at 5:08 PM, TaylorPlantHunter said:

That would be great, what is your location? I have some cool stuff I could trade too.

Jupiter. I'd guess seeing a coconut palm in your area is as rare as a unicorn.

Jupiter FL

I guess in the end, I did get some cold damage from days in the 50s and nights in the 40s.  I guess it was from the prolonged cool temps.   Two species of Aechmea bromeliads got diffuse necrosis and brown spotting.   Those under canopy didn’t…. Cold rain?  Just cold damage?   I don’t remember seeing this before.  
8D6804D2-CE62-4243-98A5-504D65469F8A.thumb.jpeg.e2a9b03993dfd33bab74dcb20de2a256.jpeg

702E06CD-9316-4D07-BB14-19C86C9F454B.thumb.jpeg.f5699141289ef73bd58158b3c0a61a0a.jpeg

82184ABF-1030-4B33-AD4D-FE01C6DE3210.thumb.jpeg.89194de2936eed515f7f7cac749de6d0.jpeg

031642E2-1E35-4636-9074-4148D3B89518.thumb.jpeg.3250368fad3e9fa4e6c555b90d9194d9.jpeg

These guys didn’t much like the cold either….

28FC3552-D42A-48B0-BE1D-1F2742D12192.thumb.jpeg.d2e665dc1afdee7760139f9279ca74b4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Looking Glass said:

I guess in the end, I did get some cold damage from days in the 50s and nights in the 40s.  I guess it was from the prolonged cool temps.   Two species of Aechmea bromeliads got diffuse necrosis and brown spotting.   Those under canopy didn’t…. Cold rain?  Just cold damage?   I don’t remember seeing this before.  
8D6804D2-CE62-4243-98A5-504D65469F8A.thumb.jpeg.e2a9b03993dfd33bab74dcb20de2a256.jpeg

702E06CD-9316-4D07-BB14-19C86C9F454B.thumb.jpeg.f5699141289ef73bd58158b3c0a61a0a.jpeg

82184ABF-1030-4B33-AD4D-FE01C6DE3210.thumb.jpeg.89194de2936eed515f7f7cac749de6d0.jpeg

031642E2-1E35-4636-9074-4148D3B89518.thumb.jpeg.3250368fad3e9fa4e6c555b90d9194d9.jpeg

These guys didn’t much like the cold either….

28FC3552-D42A-48B0-BE1D-1F2742D12192.thumb.jpeg.d2e665dc1afdee7760139f9279ca74b4.jpeg

I had the exact same issue with my pineapple patch which was exposed and I've experienced this before during a cold stretch. They will grow out of it, but they look ugly for awhile.

Edited by Hombre de Palmas
  • Upvote 1

I’m all good cold over at least for now. Look like all pulled trough this cold time . 
jacksonville fl not sure what was the coldest temp maybe 25-24.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1