What's going on here?

tjwalters

There is a similar Livistona near me where the crown completely collapsed except for the new spear.  All the fronds looked pretty nice, just collapsed.  It was very strange.  The palm has since attempted to open up new fronds that look okay.  So I really have no clue what happened other than maybe some kind of fungal infection. 

1098307195_20220505_191236Livistonacrowncollapse.thumb.jpg.8f631caca5a486ef802a3d45bd42fca6.jpg

16 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

There is a similar Livistona near me where the crown completely collapsed except for the new spear.  All the fronds looked pretty nice, just collapsed.  It was very strange.  The palm has since attempted to open up new fronds that look okay.  So I really have no clue what happened other than maybe some kind of fungal infection. 

1098307195_20220505_191236Livistonacrowncollapse.thumb.jpg.8f631caca5a486ef802a3d45bd42fca6.jpg

That looks like frizzle top

My first guess is palm weevil. It is all over FL, I think, and I see this palm is in GA and, it stands to reason so is the weevil.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

7 hours ago, PalmatierMeg said:

My first guess is palm weevil. It is all over FL, I think, and I see this palm is in GA and, it stands to reason so is the weevil.

Well, that's discouraging. 

Tom

Bowie, Maryland, USA - USDA z7a
hardiestpalms.com