IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Stink water 2.0

JohnAndSancho

Not gonna lie, I'll probably repost this in a busier subforum. 

But here we go. I bought more Alaska fish emulsion, some humic acid/liquid seaweed, chelated iron, and Bonide systemic insecticide. 

Am I stupid or is this a good mix? Did I spend too much money? Will this be the anabolic steroid I'm hoping for? 

Are you going to toss this whole concoction on your palms at one time? I would use them in separate treatments over time. Fish emulsion/seaweed extract are good “natural” fertilizers. Chelated iron has its ameliorative place if you believe your plants are iron deficient but don’t expect it to work miracles nutrition wise. Use insecticide if you have bugs and it targets them. Don’t overuse or you court resistance. Insecticides don’t work on mites.

Did you spend too much? Not for me to say.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

4 hours ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Are you going to toss this whole concoction on your palms at one time? I would use them in separate treatments over time. Fish emulsion/seaweed extract are good “natural” fertilizers. Chelated iron has its ameliorative place if you believe your plants are iron deficient but don’t expect it to work miracles nutrition wise. Use insecticide if you have bugs and it targets them. Don’t overuse or you court resistance. Insecticides don’t work on mites.

Did you spend too much? Not for me to say.

I was going to use half doses of the seaweed/humic blend and the fish juice every other watering and the Bonide if needed. I've done well with fish emulsion and SuperThrive together. 

I like the Fish Emulsion on especially the younger palms. I also use Cytoplus which is a good source of micro nutrients. I use both about twice a month.

20220319_153208.jpg

20220319_153235.jpg

• Upvote 1

We're experimenting. I mixed up 1g of my normal fish/SuperThrive and 1g of fish/seaweed and humic. The ones that got the humic and seaweed don't look the best so we'll see if it perks them up. 

• Like 1

I hope it works because good lord. 24 hours later it reeks. There is no way I could use this indoors. 

19 hours ago, floridaPalmMan said:

I must have missed stink 1.0

Are you trying to make a super growth serum?

Stink Original © is just diluted fish emulsion and a drop of SuperThrive. I dunno about a growth serum but I would like to green them all back up since it's been so hot and dry this summer. Growth serum would be nice until winter when I have to drag them all inside though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnAndSancho said:

Stink Original © is just diluted fish emulsion and a drop of SuperThrive. I dunno about a growth serum but I would like to green them all back up since it's been so hot and dry this summer. Growth serum would be nice until winter when I have to drag them all inside though 

I imagine the neighbors just adore you! 😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

49 minutes ago, JLM said:

I imagine the neighbors just adore you! 😆

It rained a lot today so we're good. The grass and hedges downstairs are gonna blow up lol 

• Like 1