IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Dypsis leptocheilos Teddy Bear palm seeds wanted

Fishinsteeg234

Hello, I am looking for fresh Teddy Bear seeds, roughly 50-100. Please let me know if you have any. Willing to purchase.

thanks

-Alex

If you wanted to drive down to Palm Beach County, you could have as many as you want and even dig seedlings. 

Dale

• Like 1

Dale F. Holton

39 minutes ago, MAPU 1 said:

If you wanted to drive down to Palm Beach County, you could have as many as you want and even dig seedlings. 

Dale

Are you able to mail? I would pay for your collection and shipping efforts, within reason. 

thanks 

No I do not mail. Do you know Tom Holt? He has a nursery up your way and he comes down here frequently to buy palms from me.

Dale F. Holton

37 minutes ago, MAPU 1 said:

No I do not mail. Do you know Tom Holt? He has a nursery up your way and he comes down here frequently to buy palms from me.

I don’t know Tom. Do you know the name of his Nursery? I’d be interested in checking it out. Bedsides MB Palms, there’s not much here in the orlando area for the retail of rarer, tropical palms. The best stuff I’ve collected have been from the friendly people on this site actually. 

4 hours ago, Fishinsteeg234 said:

Hello, I am looking for fresh Teddy Bear seeds, roughly 50-100. Please let me know if you have any. Willing to purchase.

If you're unable to find them locally or in seed form, I see them on Floribundas price/availability list as seedlings for 2 bucks a pop.

https://www.floribunda.xyz/dyplep/

https://www.floribunda.xyz/pricelist/

@Fishinsteeg234 I just shelled a bunch of seeds and will sow them shortly.  Assuming at least a few sprout, how many seedlings would you like?

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

1 hour ago, kinzyjr said:

@Fishinsteeg234 I just shelled a bunch of seeds and will sow them shortly.  Assuming at least a few sprout, how many seedlings would you like?

@kinzyjr if you get a good success batch and are willing to give a few away I’ll def take a couple! Thanks! My last attempt a year ago from a few dozen seeds collected under a tree locally only gave me a few, which are still struggling a year later. I know these can take awhile to gain some speed though... I’ll have to take a another trip back down to you to make a trade. 

1 minute ago, Fishinsteeg234 said:

@kinzyjr if you get a good success batch and are willing to give a few away I’ll def take a couple! Thanks! My last attempt a year ago from a few dozen seeds collected under a tree locally only gave me a few, which are still struggling a year later. I know these can take awhile to gain some speed though... I’ll have to take a another trip back down to you to make a trade. 

I'll let you know if/when they sprout.  It usually takes a month for germination and another month or so for above ground growth.  With these, you're probably better off getting them in the ground as fast as possible and then caging them to keep the rodents away.  If I keep them in containers they eventually just take a nosedive.  These particular seeds came from a palm ~20 yards away from where your Archontophoenix seedlings came from.

Given the timing, might as well put October 22nd on your schedule and join us for the full tour and auction.

https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/73966-central-florida-palm-cycad-society-fall-meeting-sat-10222022/

• Like 1

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

@Fishinsteeg234 RSVP confirmed! :)

Lakeland, FL

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Brian mac said:

Hi. Do you have any seed available still?  If so let me know thanks so much 

Follow up with me on Monday and I'll see if there are any left after the storm.  With the track shifting, it looks like we're going to get hit pretty hard.

If you'd like to come to the meeting and handpick whatever is still around, you're welcome to do that as well.

Lakeland, FL