Jump to content
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

    It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

    Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

    PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

    guest Renda04.jpg

So What Caught Your Eye Today?


The Gerg

Recommended Posts

I was in Eastbourne, East Sussex briefly yesterday and had an hour or so spare to go and visit a few of the exotics growing there. My first time ever visiting Eastbourne,l. Anyway, excuse the image dump…

FA7EAD94-E139-42FF-9BBD-67FBB97D12E6.thumb.jpeg.8296265b709c417d53eb2dca6be51222.jpeg

32F838F7-3741-4C86-9E98-57C01A59196B.thumb.jpeg.de5a3e35b3edfc308a94cad47f0d765e.jpeg

0EE7280C-10E8-4212-A29E-0D16D66E6DFD.thumb.jpeg.7fcbe06c57c39936ab2c139d13f81872.jpeg

579E5A95-C7BE-4FD9-B2CE-56F184C745FE.thumb.jpeg.88bf6c78c2404f2f876ea415d233052f.jpeg

39D4D01C-025F-423A-A0C8-7C81FDA8D803.thumb.jpeg.6086059b97eab373959c9a964fca0b75.jpeg

8D4B4FA6-4999-425B-AF35-3819E26F9D92.thumb.jpeg.badbea4db56ea3d25908ec7996916fe9.jpeg

4E2460B6-CD4B-44FE-BE94-F6DEFD819754.thumb.jpeg.318e69ebd5094e1c949f7df0022eab58.jpeg

2BEAC434-6A62-4527-956F-3B85557C2B51.thumb.jpeg.a776a185cf00ec3fab472ad243ef17fc.jpeg

0D1CE8D6-853F-420D-A4E8-B07E30B194EC.thumb.jpeg.c491f6edaf5ed2084369ec4a2920e864.jpeg

09016905-E856-4336-BDEB-0D8B7814E4E9.thumb.jpeg.066cb08c9ae68837586b346b41c6cbe4.jpeg

5FE0CAF8-D039-44EC-A9EE-72D34A253718.thumb.jpeg.6dcf403aa9208ad015114900d26c2fa3.jpeg

A07CB851-6538-48F7-8418-78EEA0C9F725.thumb.jpeg.afd0b8dea4b183932368c296772feb88.jpeg

E9F391E9-DC07-4BEB-83CB-530B72FDA99A.thumb.jpeg.7268949583e271ff745aa077ef353e42.jpeg

7B6E1221-9416-42E1-8C4F-97DA9D27E352.thumb.jpeg.deb46990b169c43997b40f6224f7c918.jpeg

90532BB0-61AB-4616-8EC4-DF61DC921F0A.thumb.jpeg.e51cb0e556c1c4c82e4b1738fc415272.jpeg

108C6151-1C52-44B1-95E7-83AF7054A7C1.thumb.jpeg.dfb907c507e79c44d660630f2327a9d6.jpeg

F6B65CB9-8B7C-427C-84D2-C960EBD41682.thumb.jpeg.5da689f6bc6960847a350e4752cbd3f4.jpeg

92BD3707-34E3-4C4E-9CF6-9A3334261E63.thumb.jpeg.e3cf0d754bd0671ea7929e3a43dc2b95.jpeg

278CEE70-D31D-4CFC-BF8B-CDD468324479.thumb.jpeg.d61296018ca86f25a6470609231faf50.jpeg

FC2BE4EF-9F92-4BE3-8606-8F2BA975DD2C.thumb.jpeg.e191eb71af11abb0a74672c778052ac8.jpeg

47D09886-10A8-4D44-8681-23AD2CDB37C8.thumb.jpeg.abce6d4941c19a60f454b424e5f2eddc.jpeg

B8D8A401-011C-40A1-8C46-0741126B5C84.thumb.jpeg.1a1622f6f6285127042cfc3bb538894b.jpeg

7C2E9653-C0AD-413E-B437-950B28438DE1.thumb.jpeg.155a776b559d20b6df7217a28df1266d.jpeg

CFE8DF33-3094-4050-B62F-3FC00220F022.thumb.jpeg.65cc6870918b6ec784175cc9201afc1b.jpeg

DBA2813F-10F0-4A72-81AF-76C8B9DDDD40.thumb.jpeg.01cb1bbdf981c1a8317f9d11af8c1f54.jpeg

5121E215-DF62-4CAB-848E-A8C8A32E395B.thumb.jpeg.90d353a9cc973457188312312b4eabac.jpeg
 

This Washingtonia in Eastbourne is probably a hybrid, but it looks very Filifera dominant (entirely green petiole bases with small irregular thorns, wide spaced crown/not compact, pretty wide trunk relevant to size etc.

If it is a Filifera, it hasn’t done too badly considering we have just had the wettest 6 month period on record since October with a lot of winter storms battering it. So quite a bit of wet-cold for a Filifera to deal with. Probably 25+ inches of rainfall since October.

75371556-F11A-43F5-8C96-7F093F13A5F4.thumb.jpeg.3069f217007fd9cc6d77390bff5a60db.jpeg

7883B653-4C8B-4A1F-B2F2-CD5C74148AE1.thumb.jpeg.b5a13219ccca9803fcd760e57580dd96.jpeg

8C05FEB1-77B8-4770-B69E-E52365BE5813.thumb.jpeg.0100cae4ed80fbf4b1f7164346554a4f.jpeg

924A3F10-E920-48B1-88F2-1E30C8B3263C.thumb.jpeg.bd2858b0d5550050e30d8f4f1812a229.jpeg

419C7C01-3EB9-4BF2-A735-C47BA247E49F.thumb.jpeg.a8af3af0d5d9f91b0dfd21b8546a5204.jpeg

79D41853-2B2E-440F-AAC6-BDF9594AD6EF.thumb.jpeg.404ee298229c085dd2d3378e532a1432.jpeg

  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Dry-summer Oceanic climate (9a)

Average annual precipitation - 18.7 inches : Average annual sunshine hours - 1725

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my two Syagrus campylospatha starting to flower 😁

20240415_080701.thumb.jpg.094069104de12e3184f82528b45b5992.jpg

20240415_082643.thumb.jpg.39725445da77d1be9b7714f572172bfc.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This elephant foot Howea forsteriana caught my eye as I removed a couple old leaf bases this morning before work. Double Cyphophoenix nucele photobombing. Does anyone else have a Howea with this fat of a trunk? 

5D2FD01C-7ADB-4F0C-9823-A6091F3741C6.jpeg

9983183F-8954-40BD-BC59-C912630AFBB4.jpeg

6797AD16-BED8-45D3-AC07-78E6904522E9.jpeg

  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dypsis baronii “black petiole” enjoying the sun exposure.

9D9877F8-7AFC-44C9-A119-FD81BBE22FD8.jpeg

F6525C3D-E158-481B-8B3E-22E3B755E166.jpeg

  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw this nice Ravenea albicans a few days ago

DSC_7184.thumb.jpg.63eeac8ef755fadd85a55a7cae2e0bda.jpg

 

  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed that the first frond has opened on my bizzy since defoliation. This frond is not exactly small either. Expecting big things from this palm this summer!
 

PS: Pic is kind blurry but good enough to see the frond lol

IMG_3108.jpeg

  • Like 3

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 4 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 4 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 2 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in my garden and spotted a beautiful black snake with golden stripes (harmless) . It was laying in a sunny spot next to my Arenga Engleri but slithered away before I could get a picture. It was large for this type of snake . We have a lot of lizards in our garden but only a few snakes have ever been spotted by us. Harry

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2024 at 5:23 PM, Billy said:

This elephant foot Howea forsteriana caught my eye as I removed a couple old leaf bases this morning before work. Double Cyphophoenix nucele photobombing. Does anyone else have a Howea with this fat of a trunk? 

5D2FD01C-7ADB-4F0C-9823-A6091F3741C6.jpeg

9983183F-8954-40BD-BC59-C912630AFBB4.jpeg

6797AD16-BED8-45D3-AC07-78E6904522E9.jpeg

A couple of my Howea F. have this condition , one has a very large “foot” . I used to sell seeds to a Palm grower that did Kentia’s and had hundreds of volunteers on his massive property and he told me to take what I wanted, this one seedling was just different than all the others so I dug it up , wrapped it in a napkin and planted it in my courtyard . I noticed it grew very fast for a Kentia and the trunk had this “condition”. The photo really doesn’t show how swollen it is but you get the idea.Harry

Image 12-19-23 at 9.57 AM.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marojejya darianii. Just a killer palm.

Tim

IMG_7809.jpeg

IMG_7807.jpeg

  • Like 18
  • Upvote 1

Tim

Hilo, Hawaii

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2024 at 11:26 PM, Daryl said:

Saw this nice Ravenea albicans a few days ago

DSC_7184.thumb.jpg.63eeac8ef755fadd85a55a7cae2e0bda.jpg

 

Amazing! How old is this Daryl? 

  • Like 1

Tim Brisbane

Patterson Lakes, bayside Melbourne, Australia

Rarely Frost

2005 Minimum: 2.6C,  Maximum: 44C

2005 Average: 17.2C, warmest on record.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, realarch said:

Marojejya darianii. Just a killer palm.

Tim

IMG_7809.jpeg

IMG_7807.jpeg

Wow! The close up looks like whale baleen or something. The white rachis against the deep green leaves…

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

my little C. metallica groove tries again to get some "babies" on its way...

cm0001.thumb.jpg.4aae9be294c8dfe426e2c4509096c248.jpg

cm0002.thumb.jpg.da717baf29e3505e0d7fd3e482df47d7.jpg

An absolutely amazing looking palm in my eyes.

cm0003.thumb.jpg.5d66bf6b51bfebc661e9da1f0bcad649.jpg

 

Icm0004.thumb.jpg.9c98eea64a92b7f1e9fe6d5f37a6b13a.jpg

If there is anything I can do to support this process, please let me know.

 

Lars

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Lars, I hope you have both male and female plants as these are dioecious. These are attractive little palms and nice additions to any garden,

Tim

  • Like 1

Tim

Hilo, Hawaii

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For weeks I’ve seen this Bizmarkia out of the corner of my eye from the main road into town. It was about a block away and I kept saying I was going to drive around and find where it was. Well , I found it and it was being well cared for . It is a driveway to a church and they had a few other palms . They looked healthy to me . The Sabals had copious amounts of seed! I believe they are Palmetto. Always a pleasure to make a new discovery! Harry

IMG_3804.jpeg

IMG_3805.jpeg

IMG_3806.jpeg

IMG_3807.jpeg

IMG_3809.jpeg

IMG_3810.jpeg

IMG_3808.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All this Metallica talk lately so I thought I’d share a pic of mine. There were 3 pots of these at a nursery I visited about 20 years ago , maybe longer. They looked burnt and very unhappy . I paid about $30 for all 3 pots with 4 plants in each pot . I gave one to my sister in law who has since passed on . I have no idea what happened to that one . These two pots of plants are very healthy and a little one popped up a couple of years ago. It is the pot on the left and I just restored the soil in that one. The one on the right needs to be done as it’s been a while. Harry

IMG_0310.jpeg

  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing the photo of your Howea, @Harry’s Palms. I have a friend who has two that look a lot like yours. I love it when they do that. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Scott W said:

Some rooftop "palms" in Nashville TN

20240426_192229.thumb.jpg.7f1d2eddd132046c8430439d81eae415.jpg

Phoenix plastinensis? The crowns grow real flat there due to the loud music all the time. 😄

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, D. Morrowii said:

Phoenix plastinensis? The crowns grow real flat there due to the loud music all the time. 😄

I disagree , I think maybe Phoniecarpus Plasticarious , they seem to like country music! Harry

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This frond popped open this morning after being watered.  A favorite of mine and i saw it from across the yard so i had to take a photo.  Some others are about to pop but this one was itching to be seen.

452352f2-d1fa-4c6f-a067-73f7a689b1b5.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, flplantguy said:

This frond popped open this morning after being watered.  A favorite of mine and i saw it from across the yard so i had to take a photo.  Some others are about to pop but this one was itching to be seen.

452352f2-d1fa-4c6f-a067-73f7a689b1b5.jpg

Yay! New frond day , always nice . Harry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

W. filifera  and Bismarckia ..

666_0276.thumb.JPG.834483a2c4dfc9aa6ef4f56ff2f752a2.JPG

Chunky filifera... An unusual something lurking behind the pair in the first shot.

666_0295.thumb.JPG.5eb9467044005e2be9855d69c704be5a.JPG

666_0330.thumb.JPG.a81970441b0cc80c9ccdb06e7236b3b9.JPG


P. roebelini  peeking at passer-bys over a wall..

666_0261.thumb.JPG.14ecc38fe5f8b2adc2911dad9ef570f0.JPG


Really feathery Sabal ..or Livistonia??

666_0260.thumb.JPG.598a033a4cc75f8638e6d8299b7ca903.JPG


Interesting Phoenix... Looks too skinny to be a Canary, though i can see old boots towards the top so, 🤷‍♂️.   Good looking for a Phoenix, whatever it is.  

...I see you, ugly queen, lurking in the background on the right...

666_0287.thumb.JPG.68e0ad8c88051c4adefa6d1f1f105025.JPG

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calyptrocalyx elegans hybrid was showing off over the last couple of days...

calyptro-e.jpg.a2d284d36ba241fe9a47f06a7ab9ea31.jpg

  • Like 10

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big kids in the neighborhood...  And a few Pygmys..

Washingtonia filifera / filifera dominant hybrids   ..for the kids in the back of the room who may raise their hands in an impatient manner..


666_0678.thumb.JPG.edcce1e2fd44723cddd34ba4556aae86.JPG
666_0679.thumb.JPG.8de3321d61139a63d91e28f796aeaa1e.JPG

666_0680.thumb.JPG.dac827fed3367a6d0a1b8af79a88a779.JPG

666_0708.thumb.JPG.ccc2e4e5fddce4711d411432c37ec44c.JPG

Bismarckia

666_0707.thumb.JPG.5a51f5791373bab49eaa09cf069c3e2e.JPG

W. filifera,  X Filibustra ( possibly ) ..and Bismarckia..  2 angles.

666_0738.thumb.JPG.c4aa088800b1a4b159dd8fd590457095.JPG

666_0741.thumb.JPG.fb3209532d833fe1713f4d467dffaed0.JPG

Pair of perfect Canaries..

666_0745.thumb.JPG.957dc0e47c9b2db5ef7558983138d17f.JPG

New Dates going in in front of some new Apartments / Condos ..AKA: Human Kennels..

666_0606.thumb.JPG.3db95b4de36c55f4461756ee1c894101.JPG

666_0607.thumb.JPG.44a1fe8091be5874d080ca8a573ca8dd.JPG


" Yard full of dactylifera ..or Dacty - cross "..

666_0508.thumb.JPG.8a805980442b9713a27c32863d46b37a.JPG


More Desert Pygmys.

666_0693.thumb.JPG.364e6dcff4f2e97d1aefdbe8cbcc0e4c.JPG
666_0580.thumb.JPG.6f001caf252f7db18560f8e4dc7b5535.JPG

666_0706.thumb.JPG.f2bed2bf6df9c048ac0ae8f15321cf6b.JPG

666_0732.thumb.JPG.cf30b389cf804c5ae3cbdfdd6ffee443.JPG




Warning Bells,   ...in " Desert Paradise " ??


.. Maybe it's nothing, but noted these " ded'er than dead "  Mex fans in a yard not too far away..  Not cold enough to kill 'em here. Don't look lightning struck ...So what is it that killed them..


666_0259.thumb.JPG.b5b6707bfd61d9de84e90282879ddf4c.JPG

The Ugly Bismarckias in front of the neighborhood  In n' Out..  Watched these kids for 8 years and its been a slow, downhill slide since about '19.  There were two planted where the remaining specimen in shots 2 and 3 are located. Down to just the one pictured.  oof.

666_0518.thumb.JPG.7426ca1bf70daecf5ea7bb5bf191a27f.JPG


666_0519.thumb.JPG.189bf531e870a970720b3a801eabd96c.JPG

666_0520.thumb.JPG.46b1d8c83e8302f35ce12a836f4f767f.JPG
 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpg

IMG_7142.jpeg

image.jpg

  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This new spear living up to its name caught my eye watering.  Chambeyronia growing well and somewhat faster than i expected.

PXL_20240512_150350751.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2024 at 9:51 PM, Silas_Sancona said:

Big kids in the neighborhood...  And a few Pygmys..

Washingtonia filifera / filifera dominant hybrids   ..for the kids in the back of the room who may raise their hands in an impatient manner..


666_0678.thumb.JPG.edcce1e2fd44723cddd34ba4556aae86.JPG
666_0679.thumb.JPG.8de3321d61139a63d91e28f796aeaa1e.JPG

666_0680.thumb.JPG.dac827fed3367a6d0a1b8af79a88a779.JPG

666_0708.thumb.JPG.ccc2e4e5fddce4711d411432c37ec44c.JPG

Bismarckia

666_0707.thumb.JPG.5a51f5791373bab49eaa09cf069c3e2e.JPG

W. filifera,  X Filibustra ( possibly ) ..and Bismarckia..  2 angles.

666_0738.thumb.JPG.c4aa088800b1a4b159dd8fd590457095.JPG

666_0741.thumb.JPG.fb3209532d833fe1713f4d467dffaed0.JPG

Pair of perfect Canaries..

666_0745.thumb.JPG.957dc0e47c9b2db5ef7558983138d17f.JPG

New Dates going in in front of some new Apartments / Condos ..AKA: Human Kennels..

666_0606.thumb.JPG.3db95b4de36c55f4461756ee1c894101.JPG

666_0607.thumb.JPG.44a1fe8091be5874d080ca8a573ca8dd.JPG


" Yard full of dactylifera ..or Dacty - cross "..

666_0508.thumb.JPG.8a805980442b9713a27c32863d46b37a.JPG


More Desert Pygmys.

666_0693.thumb.JPG.364e6dcff4f2e97d1aefdbe8cbcc0e4c.JPG
666_0580.thumb.JPG.6f001caf252f7db18560f8e4dc7b5535.JPG

666_0706.thumb.JPG.f2bed2bf6df9c048ac0ae8f15321cf6b.JPG

666_0732.thumb.JPG.cf30b389cf804c5ae3cbdfdd6ffee443.JPG




Warning Bells,   ...in " Desert Paradise " ??


.. Maybe it's nothing, but noted these " ded'er than dead "  Mex fans in a yard not too far away..  Not cold enough to kill 'em here. Don't look lightning struck ...So what is it that killed them..


666_0259.thumb.JPG.b5b6707bfd61d9de84e90282879ddf4c.JPG

The Ugly Bismarckias in front of the neighborhood  In n' Out..  Watched these kids for 8 years and its been a slow, downhill slide since about '19.  There were two planted where the remaining specimen in shots 2 and 3 are located. Down to just the one pictured.  oof.

666_0518.thumb.JPG.7426ca1bf70daecf5ea7bb5bf191a27f.JPG


666_0519.thumb.JPG.189bf531e870a970720b3a801eabd96c.JPG

666_0520.thumb.JPG.46b1d8c83e8302f35ce12a836f4f767f.JPG
 

The Bismarckia in the last pictures, it surely looks like boron deficiency!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Tomas said:

The Bismarckia in the last pictures, it surely looks like boron deficiency!

That is possible.. Unfortunately, w public planted palms, you never know who is caring for them / what else might be occurring.  May approach the business anyway to see if i can get more clues ..

Perhaps Mules would be a better palm option for a planting application like that..  Need to see more of them (.. And Brahea / Sabal uresana )  planted around town in areas where they can be easily viewed by a wide audience anyway..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Silas_Sancona said:

That is possible.. Unfortunately, w public planted palms, you never know who is caring for them / what else might be occurring.  May approach the business anyway to see if i can get more clues ..

Perhaps Mules would be a better palm option for a planting application like that..  Need to see more of them (.. And Brahea / Sabal uresana )  planted around town in areas where they can be easily viewed by a wide audience anyway..

I thought these were private plants, what a pity, such big palms. Boron problem is easily solved

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tomas said:

I thought these were private plants, what a pity, such big palms. Boron problem is easily solved

Not the big ones.. Note the " In N Out " sign next to the specimen in pictures 2 and 3  Public / Commercial Landscape specimens rather than in a residential / private yard.

A bummer for sure but,  🤷‍♂️  that's how it goes sometimes.   Don't own it, can't care for it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What cauhgt my eye today...

cm001.thumb.jpg.462dbdc986cff8ca0da86431d241766e.jpg

...how gorgeous a C.macrocarpa may look even without the newest (flamethrower) leaf opened yet. 

 

Lars

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

C macrocarpa var hookeri backlit new frond. This palm is 6 years from germination. 

IMG_1474.jpeg

  • Like 3

Tim Brisbane

Patterson Lakes, bayside Melbourne, Australia

Rarely Frost

2005 Minimum: 2.6C,  Maximum: 44C

2005 Average: 17.2C, warmest on record.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A preview of something coming! Red frond day soon, Harry

IMG_0314.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

couple days ago I posted one or two images of my seed grown D. album var. aureum when it tried to fruit for

the second time (the first attempt had failed...). It looked promising this time, both new spathes were thick and

looked strong. When the first of the new two ones turned brown without opening, I took a sharp blade to cut

it open. When the knife touched the spathe it almost exploded - a slightly rotten smell came out - the

moment for a successful flowering had probably passed. 

At this moment I glanced over to the other one which hasn't opened either - it was still very compact and looked almost 

unripe - but I thought 'why not'. I gently cut it open and it unfolded immediately. It looked a bit too early for my 

taste but - long story short - this is what caught my eye today...

dava008.thumb.jpg.dd9a47c7753e8e879e02539329eca70c.jpg

After some heavy rain has stopped I made a short stroll through the garden and when getting near that palm I got aware of a

buzzing sound. 

dava009.thumb.jpg.b07034d4d79f25d2418a64903a64e083.jpg

Taking a closer look, the sound got almost intense...

dava010.thumb.jpg.73b8ad9f76ef349e7ba7e49d1735df62.jpg

dava011.thumb.jpg.028f3ef88835703fbbeefdca3ead85d0.jpg

'Heavy air traffic' by our local bees which got attracted by this non-indigenous palm for the (very likely) first time. 

Since I am pretty sure that no one else is growing this palm species on this island, I am very delighted to see this 

progress happen.

Let's see how this turns out -

 

Lars

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Clinostigma sp. in Newport Beach 🤯 

IMG_6230.jpeg

  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First Cyphophoenix elegans flower!

IMG_6246.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...