IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

palmtreedance

I replanted this tree in September the 1st 2021 in the beginning it grew fine. Even now it’s growing it’s pods and the rest of the leaves seem fine only in the middle fonds. As new ones come out they are brown and green with the leaves being brown. Any suggestions please. Thanks 

5D0720E5-EC2A-4EAF-86CE-BB9D6E5F9BB6.png

4827A0F2-B545-4B94-B284-AA3FA6E9F8F5.png

9F8FB66A-0DA5-435A-B714-F79330C8F54F.png

3D57C4BD-C497-4533-AFB0-1A6F15919031.png

E3E5D806-5AF5-4A1A-9892-0AE44A6C99E8.jpeg

D18468DC-122C-4157-825C-191B7E507DD3.jpeg

9737567F-BE65-4472-AB4E-A4EA000EF923.png

Edited by palmtreedance
Added a video

Looks to be sitting in a pool of standing water !  I has seen a couple of funky winter burnt fronds, but not as many shown in your pic.

Thanks I tipped over the bottom surrounding soil added seaweed fertiliser with bone meal and also some Epsom salts. Mixed it all in and gave it a good drenching of water. Where this palm tree is situated is very high area prone to cold and wind. But I have 6 of these and two of these were planted the same time the other one above 30m away is doing fine. Both planted on the same day. This is the photo of the other one. 

BD5EA0B7-753F-463C-8AEE-E9D2C53F9717.jpeg

E4BB6F39-C15A-46BB-953B-6625A13A8F9D.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like you may have made a bathtub effect by making a area of loose soil when you planted and the fertilizer you added instead of being released slowly is being dissolved and burning the roots/palm because it is sitting in a 'tub' of water.

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/@tntropics - 60+ In-ground 7A palms - (Sabal) minor(7 large + 27 seedling size, 3 dwarf),  brazoria(1) , birmingham(4), etonia (1) louisiana(5), palmetto (1), riverside (1),  (Trachycarpus) fortunei(7), wagnerianus(1),  Rhapidophyllum hystrix(7),  15' Mule-Butia x Syagrus(1),  Blue Butia capitata(1) +Tons of tropical plants.  Recent Yearly Lows -1F, 12F, 11F, 18F, 16F, 3F, 3F, 6F, 3F, 1F, 16F, 17F, 6F, 8F

Thanks everyone keeps thinking it’s sitting in a tub of water!. The watering was only done two days ago and the palm tree new fronds came out brown a few months ago beginning of spring March April. I hardly water it only did it as it stated on the instructions of the fertilisers that mixed them well and give it good watering. I normally don’t water them as it rains every other day you can see this from the grass..