IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm Beach Palm & Cycad Society Spring 2022 Sale

rick

seal.png

The Palm Beach Palm & Cycad Society is back with another great sale.

Saturday, April 9, 2022 9am-4pm 

Mounts Botanical Garden
531 N. Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL 33415

10+ vendors offering hundreds species of Palms & Cycads in all shapes and sizes, palm special fertilizer, palm and cycad reference books, Palm Beach Palm & Cycad Society t-shirts available for purchase

Mounts and Palm society and garden members free entrance to the garden

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 8:32 PM, Jeff Searle said:

Look forward to it!

I unfortunately have to back out, sorry.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:26 PM, Barry said:

Does anyone have a list of vendors for this sale?

As of right now there are 10 vendors

Chip Jones
MB palms
Greg & Chris Spencer
Lew & Cathy Berger
Riverside palms
Exotic palms
Drew Rathburn
Art of Palm 
Robin Crawford
Steve Garland

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

This show/sale seems to have diminished in size quite a bit since I have last been able to attend. I did not count but I don’t think I saw 10 vendors at this one and I would guess it was only 7-8. Nevertheless, I was able to get several things from Drew and saw several other items I would have purchased if I had a truck. I would hate to see this event fall apart due to lack of participation as it is the closest palm specific sale to me.

34 minutes ago, Johnny Palmseed said:

This show/sale seems to have diminished in size quite a bit since I have last been able to attend. I did not count but I don’t think I saw 10 vendors at this one and I would guess it was only 7-8. Nevertheless, I was able to get several things from Drew and saw several other items I would have purchased if I had a truck. I would hate to see this event fall apart due to lack of participation as it is the closest palm specific sale to me.

Well hell you must have been the other guy from MI who was there lol.

I didn't know what to expect since its the first time I’ve been to it but I was kind of hoping it would have had more stuff. MB Palms was supposed to be there but I don’t think he made it? Anyway, I still picked up several new potted pets. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Palmseed said:

MB Palms was not there. Or if they were there, they were hiding.

Oh well maybe next time. Too bad I didnt know you were there it would have been nice to meet you in person and talk Palms. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 12:28 AM, rick said:

As of right now there are 10 vendors

Chip Jones
MB palms
Greg & Chris Spencer
Lew & Cathy Berger
Riverside palms
Exotic palms
Drew Rathburn
Art of Palm 
Robin Crawford
Steve Garland

Morning Rick. Quick question do you by chance know the nursery that was selling the licuala grandis in the growers cones. Hoping you can give me some info. Thanks for your help and sorry to bother you 

brian 

51 minutes ago, Brian mac said:

Morning Rick. Quick question do you by chance know the nursery that was selling the licuala grandis in the growers cones. Hoping you can give me some info. Thanks for your help and sorry to bother you 

brian 

Brian,  I think that was Chip Jones - Jones Landscaping Nursery. I got a small B. alfredii and a S. Liukiuensis from that booth

(954) 296-2019

7B280C7D-52D4-4E3F-96B0-58074E3784CE.jpeg

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, D. Morrowii said:

Brian,  I think that was Chip Jones - Jones Landscaping Nursery. I got a small B. alfredii and a S. Liukiuensis from that booth

(954) 296-2019

Thank you sir. Ya he also had the alfredii. Believe his booth was the only one in the middle and not along the perimeter. I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond. Hope all is well and have a great week. Thanks again 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D. Morrowii said:

(954) 296-2019

And my buddy Jeff said the same thing. Thanks again sir

3 hours ago, Brian mac said:

And my buddy Jeff said the same thing. Thanks again sir

Hey no problem, glad I could help. 

• Like 1

We had a few vendors cancel last minute and some others who couldn't make the date. We don't have an exact date yet for the fall sale but it should be a Saturday in October.