Cat palm dries in the middle of the stem

Michaelmgns

Hello there. I am trying to figure out why my cat palm plant stems dry out right in the middle of the stems. I searched for this specific issue all over the internet and couldn’t find anything regarding this issue. May be any body on here can help me? Thank u in advance. 

EE4E9C68-AA9D-4917-8F09-669E444288CA.jpeg

338D2EB8-DD46-4C1C-BE17-F94ECF9AA96C.jpeg

BF986A73-D40B-4505-98C3-595CBA54EED4.png

CB022855-833A-469D-AACF-56F2EEFAD39A.jpeg

EF877F8D-EE78-4082-98B1-3ED6BA8EF89F.jpeg

Edited by Michaelmgns

You're definitely in the right place!

This almost looks to me like it touched something very hot, or, was burned by sun somehow.     Is it a new palm?   is it possible something hot touched those parts of the fronds somehow during transport or after?    Even a  hot balcony railing can cause something like this if the fronds touch it.      Also, many palms you purchase are grown under shade cloths and are not acclimated to any direct / unfiltered sun.  Even a ray of sun coming through trees or other shading plants might damage portions of the any plant that is not accustomed to direct sun.     

Welcome to PalmTalk!  

Thank u for reply. This plant is about 3 month old and was growing fine and all of sudden it started to dry off on stems. It sits in a shade always on the balcony and I don’t think I damaged it while transporting and it doesn’t touch railings. It’s very strange and I couldn’t not find any information online. Thank you!