Leaning towards the sun

Palm Sundae

Have a few Washingtonia robusta/filibusta started from seed and currently in 5 gallon pots. All of them were potted straight up or very nearly so. They now all lean a little or a lot to the south (towards the sun.)

None of my other palms seem to be doing this. Is this normal? Should I try to fix it by turning the pots or will it matter when they go in the ground later this year? Probably not enough time to make much of a difference is what I think.

When they go in the ground I'm guessing it is best to try to get them 'straight' again. Are they small enough to where it does not matter? They will be about 24" tall, smallish compared to big box store palms because they have been in the full AZ sun from Day One with no shade...

Edited by Palm Sundae

I’ve wondered about this as well. I’ve always speculated it had something to do with reflected heat off the building, and growing away from it. 

1 hour ago, RyManUtah said:

I’ve wondered about this as well. I’ve always speculated it had something to do with reflected heat off the building, and growing away from it. 

That would not seem to be the case here.