Jump to content

More Palms in Fort Myers Palm Park


PalmatierMeg
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yesterday we traveled back to the Fort Myers Palm Park in downtown on Martin Luther King Ave to check on the status of two seeding Copernicias. I also took a few minutes to take photos of other palms.

Sabal palmetto Lisa x2: These are the wild Sabal Lisas rescued from certain destruction during renovations of I-75 about 10 years ago. The City of Ft. Myers donated space in this palm park where they will live in perpetuity. Notice that the palm on the right holds on to its boots; the one on the left does not. The palm on the left is my avatar.

1870667662_SabalpalmettoLisax2FM0105-07-21.thumb.JPG.b9875c09c57f172ee48bd621df7ef852.JPG930272651_SabalpalmettoLisax2FM0205-07-21.thumb.JPG.a29ccfffe84e7590ba57c54e69d4ffcf.JPG52300433_SabalpalmettoLisax2FM05-07-21.thumb.JPG.b2d8ffd0113baa5025b4027a310a3387.JPG1595481833_SabalpalmettoLisax20405-07-21.thumb.JPG.624bbc3e49acfb971d7c21f69ec18242.JPG

Dypsis cabadae: very pretty and elegant

472918362_DypsiscabadaeFM0605-07-21.thumb.JPG.e19bf096436ab73c1821a25fdbc19451.JPG1950968292_DypsiscabadaeFtMyers0105-07-21.thumb.JPG.8ca8ef7a36e22b252a969de9afb02e1d.JPG1959221508_DypsiscabadaeFM0205-07-21.thumb.JPG.0df1da2f8f50ab02a17acb5f00cb7ac1.JPG1469843997_DypsiscabadaeFMmarker05-07-21.thumb.JPG.27bd26da6e8140a103032821e3da3361.JPG

Syagrus schizophylla with seeds

2036545048_SyagrusschizophyllaFtMyers0105-07-21.thumb.JPG.4773ad0926e6263720c5ffbf187c59f1.JPG281730996_SyagrusschizophyllaseedsFM005-07-21.thumb.JPG.d18ef55c7e4dac746b39466b780fc7ef.JPG1139474885_Syagrusschizophyllamarker05-07-21.thumb.JPG.8cd781d13deb2378ecc237b7eaf18a73.JPG

Serenoa repens Silver: well trimmed and flowering

1289276739_SerenoarepenssilverFM0105-07-21.thumb.JPG.87f3f648fe6ed63ac55d384488c046e2.JPG1428410229_SerenoarepenssilverFM0205-07-21.thumb.JPG.5dd8ca4e35f6584b88ab60acc3689130.JPG1655202145_SerenoarepensFM0305-07-21.thumb.JPG.fb722d6738f4055e0335cbc14713024b.JPG1969750372_SerenoarepensFM05-07-21.thumb.JPG.04a6c501c2f26e53c942f337375d9d8a.JPG314934681_SerenoarepensFM0405-07-21.thumb.JPG.fbbee21b512f8f271726b05d30ae475d.JPG

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Yesterday we traveled back to the Fort Myers Palm Park in downtown on Martin Luther King Ave to check on the status of two seeding Copernicias. I also took a few minutes to take photos of other palms.

Sabal palmetto Lisa x2: These are the wild Sabal Lisas rescued from certain destruction during renovations of I-75 about 10 years ago. The City of Ft. Myers donated space in this palm park where they will live in perpetuity. Notice that the palm on the right holds on to its boots; the one on the left does not. The palm on the left is my avatar.

1870667662_SabalpalmettoLisax2FM0105-07-21.thumb.JPG.b9875c09c57f172ee48bd621df7ef852.JPG930272651_SabalpalmettoLisax2FM0205-07-21.thumb.JPG.a29ccfffe84e7590ba57c54e69d4ffcf.JPG52300433_SabalpalmettoLisax2FM05-07-21.thumb.JPG.b2d8ffd0113baa5025b4027a310a3387.JPG1595481833_SabalpalmettoLisax20405-07-21.thumb.JPG.624bbc3e49acfb971d7c21f69ec18242.JPG

Dypsis cabadae: very pretty and elegant

472918362_DypsiscabadaeFM0605-07-21.thumb.JPG.e19bf096436ab73c1821a25fdbc19451.JPG1950968292_DypsiscabadaeFtMyers0105-07-21.thumb.JPG.8ca8ef7a36e22b252a969de9afb02e1d.JPG1959221508_DypsiscabadaeFM0205-07-21.thumb.JPG.0df1da2f8f50ab02a17acb5f00cb7ac1.JPG1469843997_DypsiscabadaeFMmarker05-07-21.thumb.JPG.27bd26da6e8140a103032821e3da3361.JPG

Syagrus schizophylla with seeds

2036545048_SyagrusschizophyllaFtMyers0105-07-21.thumb.JPG.4773ad0926e6263720c5ffbf187c59f1.JPG281730996_SyagrusschizophyllaseedsFM005-07-21.thumb.JPG.d18ef55c7e4dac746b39466b780fc7ef.JPG1139474885_Syagrusschizophyllamarker05-07-21.thumb.JPG.8cd781d13deb2378ecc237b7eaf18a73.JPG

Serenoa repens Silver: well trimmed and flowering

1289276739_SerenoarepenssilverFM0105-07-21.thumb.JPG.87f3f648fe6ed63ac55d384488c046e2.JPG1428410229_SerenoarepenssilverFM0205-07-21.thumb.JPG.5dd8ca4e35f6584b88ab60acc3689130.JPG1655202145_SerenoarepensFM0305-07-21.thumb.JPG.fb722d6738f4055e0335cbc14713024b.JPG1969750372_SerenoarepensFM05-07-21.thumb.JPG.04a6c501c2f26e53c942f337375d9d8a.JPG314934681_SerenoarepensFM0405-07-21.thumb.JPG.fbbee21b512f8f271726b05d30ae475d.JPG

It could be that they are just a lot taller and the crown is just wider, but the trunks on the sabal Lisa’s look narrower in diameter that a standard mature palmetto? That serenoa repens silver :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those Sabal Palmetto look impressive!

Any idea how old they might be?

Thank you for sharing those images -

Lars

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, palmfriend said:

Those Sabal Palmetto look impressive!

Any idea how old they might be?

Thank you for sharing those images -

Lars

I don't know but I'd guess decades old.

They are the size of normal Sabal palmettos

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2021 at 2:24 AM, PalmatierMeg said:

I don't know but I'd guess decades old.

They are the size of normal Sabal palmettos

Thank you!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...