Jump to content
  • WELCOME GUEST

    It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

    Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

    PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

    guest Renda04.jpg

[The International Palm Society] VtGHc5hjQ SbDJc9gpC


Merlyn

Recommended Posts

Now that you are as confused as I am, I just received an email from noreply@palms.org with the above bizarre topic and the content:

MargaretY6 wrote:

NpMFz3sbM SkJGy0fhR FdFMc4hwZ DtMYs7bqF PMDJ8887NDHE

Topic Link:
https://palms.org/forums/topic/vtghc5hjq-sbdjc9gpc/

I am fairly certain that the above was some kind of glitch, but I sure am not going to click on it to find out what this coded message means!  Anyone else get a weird email from palms.org?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Merlyn2220 said:

Now that you are as confused as I am, I just received an email from noreply@palms.org with the above bizarre topic and the content:

MargaretY6 wrote:

NpMFz3sbM SkJGy0fhR FdFMc4hwZ DtMYs7bqF PMDJ8887NDHE

Topic Link:
https://palms.org/forums/topic/vtghc5hjq-sbdjc9gpc/

I am fairly certain that the above was some kind of glitch, but I sure am not going to click on it to find out what this coded message means!  Anyone else get a weird email from palms.org?

Yes!!! I got this email too! So weird. It must be a glitch or something of the like, I have no idea what it is. Thanks for sharing, I was wondering if anyone else got that email!

Edited by PalmsUSA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, with the following additional statement:

"You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forum.

 

Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails."

 

Mike Merritt

Big Island of Hawaii, windward, rainy side, 740 feet (225 meters) elevation

165 inches (4,200 mm) of rain per year, 66 to 83 deg F (20 to 28 deg C) in summer, 62 to 80 deg F (16.7 to 26.7 Deg C) in winter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, mike in kurtistown said:

Yes, with the following additional statement:

"You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forum.

 

Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails."

 

Yes exactly. The email I got said the exact same thing. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please note that as far as I can tell, this has nothing to do with PalmTalk (palmtalk.org). The main IPS website is palms.org from where this email was apparently generated. The two websites are entirely separate.

For those of you who have received this email - will you please either confirm or deny if you are (or have ever been) an IPS Member. I am trying to make sure that this email was generated via their database, and not ours. Some people are believing this is connected to PalmTalk forums. Thanks

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am an IPS member.  The "from" address appears to be the same address from which the other IPS email newsletters and webinar alerts originate.  So to me it looks like an IPS (Palms.org) glitch and not a Palmtalk.org glitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Merlyn2220 said:

I am an IPS member.  The "from" address appears to be the same address from which the other IPS email newsletters and webinar alerts originate.  So to me it looks like an IPS (Palms.org) glitch and not a Palmtalk.org glitch.

Thanks Merlyn - I have changed your PalmTalk designation to reflect that you are an IPS Member.

  • Like 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...