IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Satakentia liukiuensis seed

atlantisrising

I have these ripening now, will ship as they ripen. Sold in packages of 100 for $15 plus $5 first class mail. Or 1000 for $100 shipping included.

• Like 2

I think this first batch is all spoken for, will know by next week how many I get. Have more to follow in a few weeks. Will update here then. Thanks

On 3/5/2020 at 6:28 PM, atlantisrising said:

I have these ripening now, will ship as they ripen. Sold in packages of 100 for $15 plus $5 first class mail. Or 1000 for $100 shipping included.

I have PM you for the seeds. Have discovered this forum not realising before I could purchase seeds from fellow forumers.

Average day temperatures: +17°C in the winter and +24°C in the summer. Typical Summer: 68F to 77F (20C to 25C). Typical Winter: 55F to 64F (12C to 18C). Record Low (past 5 years): 45F or +7.7C (once a winter, some winters). Record High (past 5 years): 83F or +28C (some days only). Elevation 140 m (459 ft.) to 160 m (525 ft.), latitude 38.54º. Sunset Zone: unknown

• 2 weeks later...

About a couple years ago I have ordered Satakentia liukiuensis seeds from ebay member "Let's Grow Florida" and they were mailed dry (despite my request to mail in wet medium, and no replacement seeds was ever sent to me), so none have germinated. This time I am going to receive seeds from a professional grower, either damp or rather covered in sphagnum and I have hopes that Satakentia liukiuensis will do fine in my climate. If these don't germinate, it will all be my fault or a bad luck. I did have 4 tiny SL seedlings, purchased from the same ebay seller and 3 have since died (all my fault), but one lives and that gives me hope that Satakentia liukiuensis can be grown on this remote island of 13000+ souls. Doesn't SL look a bit like a coconut palm?

Average day temperatures: +17°C in the winter and +24°C in the summer. Typical Summer: 68F to 77F (20C to 25C). Typical Winter: 55F to 64F (12C to 18C). Record Low (past 5 years): 45F or +7.7C (once a winter, some winters). Record High (past 5 years): 83F or +28C (some days only). Elevation 140 m (459 ft.) to 160 m (525 ft.), latitude 38.54º. Sunset Zone: unknown

• 2 months later...

Received SL seeds from Atlantis, very nicely and safely packed, still moist, very nice seeds. All correctly declared as seeds and went through Customs without any problems or delays. Took a bit over 2 months to arrive because of the latest progress in postal services and because I live in the middle of ocean (this year mail from Lisbon to Pico island takes one month alone) and the seeds look good, they should germinate. Thank you and thank you also for the extra 10 seeds.

Does anyone know how to make the single SL seedling grow faster as it is stuck in a tiny seedling stage and does not seem to be moving, sitting in the top-lit garage where temps are around 24C-26C now. Should I bring it outdoors, where today is 17C but another day can be 23C or 21C, sometimes some wind, sometimes some rain or some sun. It is hard to raise such seedlings. Garage is 50 sqm room with 10 sqm of polycarbonate panel "window" on top. Perhaps that's still not enough light for a SL? I know it should keep from wind and rain too much, but no matter what it is stuck and not growing, perhaps more sun would do the trick? I have been spraying it with moisture from a bottle recently, trying to imitate possible conditions in Okinawa.

I have approximately 700 fresh seeds ready to go, don't have time to break these down into small shipments so want to sell the whole lot together. Priced at $90 includes shipping, continental US only. Pm me please

• 6 months later...
On 3/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, atlantisrising said:

Hi,

I’m interested, this seeds are still available?

• 2 years later...
On 3/5/2020 at 2:28 PM, atlantisrising said:

Still have seeds available?