IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

My palm room is getting anxious to finally go outside!

Rickybobby

My adonidia and large bottle are growing an inch plus a week. It’s been such a bad spring and winter. I can’t wait to get them outside. Looks like this Wednesday 70s and no more rain even some heat coming!

72574F73-5E4E-4247-B04B-92E21CC26D2F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

You're running a palm hotel there, buddy. :)

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

When the plants get big it's gonna be the "Jungle" room complete with realistic bird sounds! Weather channel says it's 88 here today but "feels like" 97.  I came inside for a bit to cool off till the sun starts dropping. Can't imagine living up North again, hauling the palms in/out etc.

It’s ok. It’s part of the fun. Not a big deal bringing them outside. Also up here we actually get sick of the heat eventually and fall is an amazing time and colourful up here. I hope my palms outgrow my home. That means I did something right and cared for them correctly. I have a mic of stuff what will get massive and of course palms I can keep for years to come 

Finally the lows are gone and days in 70s and I have started to acclimate some of my palms in sun 

6386575C-1274-49C3-8F9B-FEB4C1CD8DBC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/15/2019 at 10:26 AM, Rickybobby said:

Finally the lows are gone and days in 70s and I have started to acclimate some of my palms in sun 

6386575C-1274-49C3-8F9B-FEB4C1CD8DBC.jpeg

I am amazed to see the trees not leafed out yet in mid May.  Lovely palms.

8 hours ago, palmsOrl said:

I am amazed to see the trees not leafed out yet in mid May.  Lovely palms.

The large trees in the back are black walnut and they bloom late always. Everything else is out 

• Upvote 1

I recall that from up north, they were always late.  I find the challenge of palms in climates (or coconuts in Orlando) that are cold rewarding too.

Palms are a great way to make an ugly above ground pool look a lot better and tropical!

CD9F58FA-8E58-4100-B1A9-8B74FF88C0EC.jpeg

• Like 2

They do look fantastic around pools. Your yard looks very green, it's really nice.

Looking really good. That wind is whipping. Do you heat the pool or does everybody do the polar bear plunge? Your yard is huge, green and.....open. I found myself planting an imaginary palm jungle. Then, I thought, Wait! He's in Canada.

Good work.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

1 hour ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Looking really good. That wind is whipping. Do you heat the pool or does everybody do the polar bear plunge? Your yard is huge, green and.....open. I found myself planting an imaginary palm jungle. Then, I thought, Wait! He's in Canada.

Good work.

Yes pool is heated with natural gas. I’m on 1 acre here. Well and septic we have a bunch of gardens around the property you just can’t see them on the video. Thanks and if it was tropical here. It would be a jungle 

Your yard really does  look beautiful and green mate, the roos would love it if it was here, they get cleaned up on the roads because after a bit of rain in the bush the sides of the road have all the green shoots from the rain runoff.

• 4 weeks later...

The pool looks great with the palms! Propably the most tropical pool in all of Ontario!