IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

RAREPALMSEEDS

gyuseppe

RAREPALMSEEDS
I've been a customer of them from 15 years, I've been getting plants and seeds from them,
but today  I am very disappointed with the service of RPS, and I am sorry to leave this comment negative

13 November 2018 ----> I have made order
11 December 2018 -----> debit my credit card and I received this email from RPS :

11 december 2018, <service@rarepalmseeds.com>

Thank you very much for your order at rarepalmseeds.com. We have started processing your order and will ship the seeds as soon as they are packed and the shipping documents are ready. Once it has been despatched we will send you the tracking number for the shipment. Please find the invoice for the order attached.
...............................................................................................
the seeds sent them on December 17th but with regular mail, I had told them to send them with traceable mail !
until today the seeds did not arrive
why not send the seeds with traceable as the last two times I bought from them?
why do I have to pay for their mistake? is right?

I would like to resolve the issue in a friendly way,  but I do not respond to emails, all this could be avoided simply by sending with traceable mail, as it had been for other times
no money no seeds, all this is very sad :(

GIUSEPPE

• 2 weeks later...

My RPS order from about a month ago arrived this morning: Dypsis baronii "Black Petiole', Satakentia liukiuensis and South African tree Millettia grandis (aka 'umzimbeet'). When put in water all the seeds sank immediately, so that looks promising! :happy:

RarePalmSeedsOrder.png

4 hours ago, Hillizard said:

My RPS order from about a month ago arrived this morning: Dypsis baronii "Black Petiole', Satakentia liukiuensis and South African tree Millettia grandis (aka 'umzimbeet'). When put in water all the seeds sank immediately, so that looks promising! :happy:

RarePalmSeedsOrder.png

Baronii ' Black Petiole' germinated really fast for me. And milletia germinated quickly also. Great choices. Interesting choice with satakentia! 

35 minutes ago, Josue Diaz said:

Baronii ' Black Petiole' germinated really fast for me. And milletia germinated quickly also. Great choices. Interesting choice with satakentia! 

Josue: Good to know that I can probably expect quick results with the D. baronii and the Millettia. The Satakentia will likely spend years (or its entire life) in my sunroom! :winkie:

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2019 at 11:51 AM, Hillizard said:

RarePalmSeedsOrder.png

Update on the Dypsis baronii "Black Petiole' from RPS: After one month, I'm seeing sprouts from more than one seed (below), so I'm satisfied with that part of this order. Nothing yet from the Satakentia, but I have 3 pre-sprouted from another source that are doing well (below). Looks like I should have put the Millettia grandis on moss and not soil mix, as the seeds seem to have rotted. At least I have a Millettia reticulata vine that's doing well in my garden so far.  :unsure:

Dypsis_baronii_blkpetle.png

Satakentia.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

Super annoyed as well I order last August 20 and went through a world of trouble just trying to pay with a credit card. I spent over 420 Euros, it's nearly been a month and not a single update. I understand they must be swamped with orders but then they should do something about their order system or hire more people this is just unacceptable customer service.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was a customer of them, for close to 15 years, sometimes a few orders per year. Over time, the quality of seeds and communication began to plummet. Still, I would be tempted by listings for some obscure species. For a while I was blaming myself for poor germination. I started ONLY ordering from the "new" list, thinking at least these would be more fresh. The last straw was an order I made for Juglans neotropica, which arrived covered in Christmas glitter (!) and of course, stone dead. Looked as though they had bought a few strings of dried seeds salvaged from a Christmas decoration. Do I need to even say that after several emails, I never received any reply from them, much less any refund?

They went from interesting, to problematic, to doubtful, to rip-off.

Edited by TropiCool
typos

• 2 weeks later...

TLDR: do not support this business. I bent over backwards to try to resolve this issue without lodging a negative review. 

background: for years I ran a business that shipped live corals throughout the USA To aquarium hobbyists 30-150 orders a day, all overnighted with 10am next day guarantee, Extremely time and temperature sensitive. During the holidays there are tons of mistakes from overloaded couriers, backed up distribution centers, remote and rural destinations. I’ve dealt with it all. I’m now living in the Solomon Islands (South Pacific) the majority of the time building a coral farm. 

the order: early October 2019 placed a small order ($100 usd). A few days later received an automated email that the order shipped. The following day (or two?) a provided tracking number said it was delivered to Slovenia (Europe). I gave it a day to see if it’s a tracking anomaly, but no updates, it was still in Slovenia.  Sent an email to rarepalmseeds for clarification - NO REPLY. Two weeks later still in Slovenia, I sent another email saying it looked like the order was shipped to the incorrect address, but was still salvageable, redirect you the Solomon Islands - NO REPLY. A week later I sent another email saying I’d hate to make this a big issue, or place a hold payment, but not replying to my emails makes this the only recourse, please reply - NO REPLY. I gave up on them and saw it as a $100 lesson in how not to treat my customers. Did not leave a negative review here. 

In June of this year, since I’m stuck in Los Angeles (COVID lockdown) I visited Phil Bergman of Jungle Music, great experience, purchased some beautiful palms. I brought to him my bad experience with RPS and he said to reach out to Tobias again, he was a stand up guy. I wrote another email, name dropped Phil, explained that I was agreeable to move forward if they credited the order- NO REPLY. I saw RPS make a post on Facebook so I direct messaged them saying I was frustrated with the lack of replies to email and wanted my order sorted out - GOT A REPLY! They asked for the order number. A week later I followed up -NO REPLY. Two days later pinged them for a reply - NO REPLY. Four days later requested a reply - GOT A CRAPPY REPLY: “we‘re looking into it.” A week later asked for a result of we’re looking into it - NO REPLY. Another week later asked for a resolution - NO REPLY. Today, a full month later asked for a resolution - THEY BLOCKED ME. I’m simply amazed at how badly they have handled a routine postage error. I tried to resolve it without trashing them. I appealed to other experts in this small industry. RPS has insisted on taking the most unprofessional route to this issue. 

I am beyond upset with rarepalmseeds. Their inability to sort out a simple and routine mistake on their end, own up to the issue, or communicate their plans to fix the issue are extraordinarily unprofessional, blocking me was just cowardly. As an owner of an international export business I can say with some expertise that it is in the best interest of Tobias Spanner to sell this business and salvage something from it before it goes into the dumpster and his legacy is that of a failed con man.  The only way I’ll ever purchase from the organization is if it goes into new ownership or management. 

7E0A1B81-78CD-4A5D-BA16-97A7EF4617F8.png

818D4D73-2EE1-4FC9-9663-D603F03A4154.png

06E09B8F-0A25-499A-8DA8-D0D6DB62ECBE.png

8B7383E8-428D-4AFB-B275-E4612D853268.png

6200C766-8798-4BD7-B35A-C84FF630FD34.png

F58C9A1A-CDF8-4808-AEFC-71F9BFD3E3DA.png

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Last year's fresh seeds (all were marked as "NEW") purchased from RPS: 4 kinds germinated at about 30% rate (which is kind of fine with me, although fresh seeds should germinate at least 50% to 60%), and 3 (cheapest) kinds did not germinate at all. They refused to replace the batches that did not germinate at all. I understand, bad luck, but RPS took a month just to mail them to me after they received my payment. So if they can't mail the seeds out within a few days, then they should be ready to replace or credit back for seed batches that do not germinate at all due to seeds becoming old while they are waiting to be mailed. And my germination technique was posted in the comments sections under each palm seed specie I purchased. Which means cleaning the seeds carefully, disinfecting properly, using the correct germination medium (long story).

And why doesn't RPS sell OLD seeds marked as "OLD" much cheaper to those who are willing to take a chance? Why are old and aged seeds are mailed even if all "NEW" seeds are ordered?

This year, same story: RPS responding to my emails until I placed my order and paid them, then Silence. Priority Shipping €14 yet two weeks after getting paid, the order is still processing and email request to  provide a tracking number was not responded. And the viability of the seeds I ordered are sensitive to time passing by.

I agree, hire more people, or change the owners. I made a list of seed vendors for my next year purchases. RPS is not in the list.

Edited by SoulofthePlace
  • Like 1

Average day temperatures: +17°C in the winter and +24°C in the summer. Typical Summer: 68F to 77F (20C to 25C). Typical Winter: 55F to 64F (12C to 18C). Record Low (past 5 years): 45F or +7.7C (once a winter, some winters). Record High (past 5 years): 83F or +28C (some days only). Elevation 140 m (459 ft.) to 160 m (525 ft.), latitude 38.54º. Sunset Zone: unknown

I won't patronize RPS again, for the many reasons mentioned already.  My last order produced one germinated seed from approximately 185 seeds. 

Toby's response impugned my germination techniques.   (I have germinated palm seeds for 41 years.)  :bummed:  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

San Francisco, California

I never got a batch despite paying for the phytosanitary certificate. I never had much luck with their seed anyway.

• Like 1

Maybe it's because I live in Germany but my seeds always arrived within two to three weeks.

Last time I bought C. schiedeana from another German palm shop who got the seeds from RPS. I just bought them there because RPS labelled them as new and I didn't fulfilled the minimum order value of RPS. Today I have 15 seedlings out of 16 seeds. So far nothing I can complain.

But it's true, comunication is something RPS really needs to improve. And germination rate on older seeds is frustrating.

Regards
Eckhard

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes_metri

Does anyone know the reason why RPS almost always waits for a month after receiving payment before they mail the seeds out? It's been about 3 weeks now that I have paid them and my order is still in the "processing" stage while I should already be germinating the seeds. That is not an issue of customer service but rather of honesty and integrity. Seeds that begin as fresh and new after being paid for waiting for a month to be mailed and then take another month to arrive, those seeds are not fresh anymore. But then the customer is blamed if they do not germinate.

• Like 1

Average day temperatures: +17°C in the winter and +24°C in the summer. Typical Summer: 68F to 77F (20C to 25C). Typical Winter: 55F to 64F (12C to 18C). Record Low (past 5 years): 45F or +7.7C (once a winter, some winters). Record High (past 5 years): 83F or +28C (some days only). Elevation 140 m (459 ft.) to 160 m (525 ft.), latitude 38.54º. Sunset Zone: unknown

• 3 months later...

Another negative for Tobias. Always annoyed at the slow shipment, but this time seeds were confiscated with reason being no phyto included. But of course I paid for the extra $45 for a phyto. Piss poor business.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PhotoPaul321 said:

Another negative for Tobias. Always annoyed at the slow shipment, but this time seeds were confiscated with reason being no phyto included. But of course I paid for the extra $45 for a phyto. Piss poor business.

Don't email them, call them, if you want to get resolution on this.  Are you sure it was a phyto issue?  I ask as when my shipment was confiscated in 2020 with no reason,  it turns out is was because I didn't have a USDA import certificate.  This answer came after over a dozen emails to RPS, calls to the USPS and Customs,  which the majority went unanswered until I finally picked up the phone, called RPS and talked to Heidi.

Ultimately we worked out an amicable resolution and I received a replacement shipment, however, it was probably my last order from them.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to order from RPS. Is it really that bad? I am located in Europe too and it says delivery in 2 weeks. 

I wanted to order some kingpalm, Jubaea, Ceroxylon, Nannaerophs and needle palm seeds. 

Are there other platforms to get seeds from?

12 minutes ago, Will said:

I just wanted to order from RPS. Is it really that bad? I am located in Europe too and it says delivery in 2 weeks. 

I wanted to order some kingpalm, Jubaea, Ceroxylon, Nannaerophs and needle palm seeds. 

Are there other platforms to get seeds from?

Austria might not be that bad.  I've heard horror stories from the UK because of their stricter plant and plant products import restrictions.  If you are ordering small batches it might not be that bad.

As for other platforms, unfortunately not that many seed dealers out there doing what they do.

• Like 1

I ordered from RPS this spring (shipping to CA). I paid for the phyto. All I received was an empty envelope and a piece of paper from customs saying that the seeds had been seized due to no phyto. Several emails to RPS and no response. So I'm just out hundreds of dollars. 

I've read several posts about bad experiences with RPS, but I've made 4 purchases with them over the last year.  They always take a couple weeks to charge me and to arrive, but I've always received exactly what I've paid for, even after the Covid thing.  Germination rates have been low, but I'm still new to germinating palm seeds and have had some success despite my inexperience.  The biggest advantage to RPS is that, often, they're the only source I can find for certain seeds, and they haven't let me down yet.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Plantsperson said:

I ordered from RPS this spring (shipping to CA). I paid for the phyto. All I received was an empty envelope and a piece of paper from customs saying that the seeds had been seized due to no phyto. Several emails to RPS and no response. So I'm just out hundreds of dollars. 

They won't answer their emails.  I had to call them to get a resolution.  Call and talk to Heidi, that's who ultimately resolved my issue amicably.

That being said, if you are in the United States I highly encourage you to get an Import Certificate from the USDA, even for small batch orders.  It's FREE from the USDA and should ensure if all other paperwork is in order it will clear customs.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/planthealth/import-information/permits/plants-and-plant-products-permits/plants-for-planting/buying-selling-plants-seeds-online/seeds/

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Is the RPS Instagram Page the official one? I am texting with Person there for the last days, that I wanna add another seed variety. Was also answering Sunday evening. If its the official one, if you have any question I would text them on Instagram. They haven't updated my order yet but I hope they will in the next days. Gonna keep you updated.

• Like 1

I bought seeds from private sellers who collect fresh seeds locally and ship them right away and have germination rates skyrocket in comparison to RPS.

• Like 1

Attention! The Rarepalmseeds Instagram Account is probably a scam. I just called the official rarepalmseeds.com and they told me they dont have any Instagram account. 

If you have any question about your order or other things, the best thing is to just call them. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my package from rps and it seems well packed. Took around 3 weeks from placing the order, but I also changed the order once so I would guess around 7-10 days from day of payment. Delivery within Europe, don't know about international shipping. Delays might come from customs and not rps. 

Gonna post an update once the first seeds germinated. Let's hope for a good germination rateIMG-20210914-WA0002.thumb.jpg.a60e7866324b25a4113445ce3db507f9.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 1:35 PM, Will said:

Just received my package from rps and it seems well packed. Took around 3 weeks from placing the order, but I also changed the order once so I would guess around 7-10 days from day of payment. Delivery within Europe, don't know about international shipping. Delays might come from customs and not rps. 

I'm afraid delays are all on their side. 

I placed an order at the end of August. It's been 3 weeks and it still has not been shipped!! I'm within EU, no phyto certificate etc needed. I haven't made changes to my order, nothing. It's just been sitting there -- paid -- for whole 3 weeks and nothing has been shipped.

And I guess this is also my NEGATIVE feedback on RPS. I ordered a whole lot of palm seeds in early spring (incl. Basselinia tomentosa, Rhapis multifida, Sommieria leucophylla, Coccothrinax miraguama ssp miraguama, Thrinax radiata, and some others), and in 6 months the germination is an absolute 0. Nothing has come up. Rhapis multifida seeds had a rotten smell on them when I received them. 

And the time it takes for RPS to process orders is insane. On their website they specify processing times for most countries they ship to. It should have taken them 3-9 days to process my orders. My spring order -- it took them a whole month before they shipped it (a month till it was shipped, not a month till I received it!). A whole month during which palm seeds were just sitting there... And now this last order -- 3 weeks and my items have not been shipped. 

This is the worst. Their aloe and agave seeds (which I also have purchased) are relatively viable (I'd say a good 60% of species will germinate. Some species germination is 0%. In any case, they seem to fare much better than their palm seeds), so I would be willing to still buy those. However, I am not interested in waiting 3-4 weeks till my order gets ''processed''. They promise in 3-9 days, and they take 3-4 weeks. That is not acceptable. So, in all, I am losing patience in dealing with them.

Edited by meridannight

Species I'm growing from seed: Chrysalidocarpos leptocheilos, Licuala grandis, Hyophorbe verschaffeltii, Johannesteijsmannia altifrons, Bentinckia condapanna, Livistona benthamii.

This is somewhat sensitive, as Toby is still an active IPS board member, but I will never order from RPS again.

San Francisco, California

On 11/19/2020 at 8:06 PM, AquariumEngineer said:

TLDR: do not support this business. I bent over backwards to try to resolve this issue without lodging a negative review. 

background: for years I ran a business that shipped live corals throughout the USA To aquarium hobbyists 30-150 orders a day, all overnighted with 10am next day guarantee, Extremely time and temperature sensitive. During the holidays there are tons of mistakes from overloaded couriers, backed up distribution centers, remote and rural destinations. I’ve dealt with it all. I’m now living in the Solomon Islands (South Pacific) the majority of the time building a coral farm. 

the order: early October 2019 placed a small order ($100 usd). A few days later received an automated email that the order shipped. The following day (or two?) a provided tracking number said it was delivered to Slovenia (Europe). I gave it a day to see if it’s a tracking anomaly, but no updates, it was still in Slovenia.  Sent an email to rarepalmseeds for clarification - NO REPLY. Two weeks later still in Slovenia, I sent another email saying it looked like the order was shipped to the incorrect address, but was still salvageable, redirect you the Solomon Islands - NO REPLY. A week later I sent another email saying I’d hate to make this a big issue, or place a hold payment, but not replying to my emails makes this the only recourse, please reply - NO REPLY. I gave up on them and saw it as a $100 lesson in how not to treat my customers. Did not leave a negative review here. 

In June of this year, since I’m stuck in Los Angeles (COVID lockdown) I visited Phil Bergman of Jungle Music, great experience, purchased some beautiful palms. I brought to him my bad experience with RPS and he said to reach out to Tobias again, he was a stand up guy. I wrote another email, name dropped Phil, explained that I was agreeable to move forward if they credited the order- NO REPLY. I saw RPS make a post on Facebook so I direct messaged them saying I was frustrated with the lack of replies to email and wanted my order sorted out - GOT A REPLY! They asked for the order number. A week later I followed up -NO REPLY. Two days later pinged them for a reply - NO REPLY. Four days later requested a reply - GOT A CRAPPY REPLY: “we‘re looking into it.” A week later asked for a result of we’re looking into it - NO REPLY. Another week later asked for a resolution - NO REPLY. Today, a full month later asked for a resolution - THEY BLOCKED ME. I’m simply amazed at how badly they have handled a routine postage error. I tried to resolve it without trashing them. I appealed to other experts in this small industry. RPS has insisted on taking the most unprofessional route to this issue. 

I am beyond upset with rarepalmseeds. Their inability to sort out a simple and routine mistake on their end, own up to the issue, or communicate their plans to fix the issue are extraordinarily unprofessional, blocking me was just cowardly. As an owner of an international export business I can say with some expertise that it is in the best interest of Tobias Spanner to sell this business and salvage something from it before it goes into the dumpster and his legacy is that of a failed con man.  The only way I’ll ever purchase from the organization is if it goes into new ownership or management. 

7E0A1B81-78CD-4A5D-BA16-97A7EF4617F8.png

818D4D73-2EE1-4FC9-9663-D603F03A4154.png

06E09B8F-0A25-499A-8DA8-D0D6DB62ECBE.png

8B7383E8-428D-4AFB-B275-E4612D853268.png

6200C766-8798-4BD7-B35A-C84FF630FD34.png

F58C9A1A-CDF8-4808-AEFC-71F9BFD3E3DA.png

The Instagram Rarepalmseeds is a scammer. Don't contact them over Insta.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:07 PM, meridannight said:

I'm afraid delays are all on their side. 

I placed an order at the end of August. It's been 3 weeks and it still has not been shipped!! I'm within EU, no phyto certificate etc needed. I haven't made changes to my order, nothing. It's just been sitting there -- paid -- for whole 3 weeks and nothing has been shipped.

And I guess this is also my NEGATIVE feedback on RPS. I ordered a whole lot of palm seeds in early spring (incl. Basselinia tomentosa, Rhapis multifida, Sommieria leucophylla, Coccothrinax miraguama ssp miraguama, Thrinax radiata, and some others), and in 6 months the germination is an absolute 0. Nothing has come up. Rhapis multifida seeds had a rotten smell on them when I received them. 

And the time it takes for RPS to process orders is insane. On their website they specify processing times for most countries they ship to. It should have taken them 3-9 days to process my orders. My spring order -- it took them a whole month before they shipped it (a month till it was shipped, not a month till I received it!). A whole month during which palm seeds were just sitting there... And now this last order -- 3 weeks and my items have not been shipped. 

This is the worst. Their aloe and agave seeds (which I also have purchased) are relatively viable (I'd say a good 60% of species will germinate. Some species germination is 0%. In any case, they seem to fare much better than their palm seeds), so I would be willing to still buy those. However, I am not interested in waiting 3-4 weeks till my order gets ''processed''. They promise in 3-9 days, and they take 3-4 weeks. That is not acceptable. So, in all, I am losing patience in dealing with them.

Are you sure its not delivery delay? I placed an order, wanted to update that order 5 days later. Called them, told them what I wanted to add. They sent me the confirmation and after I paid and they got the money its been not even 2 weeks to delivery. 

11 hours ago, Will said:

Are you sure its not delivery delay? I placed an order, wanted to update that order 5 days later. Called them, told them what I wanted to add. They sent me the confirmation and after I paid and they got the money its been not even 2 weeks to delivery. 

What delivery delay if they haven't even shipped my order yet? 

RPS hasn't even processed my order! It's just sitting there in the same state since the end of August! I placed my order at the end of August, paid for it, and it has been sitting under their status label ''processing'' ever since.

I contacted them by email (which I have successfully done on my previous orders before) and asked for an estimate when my items could be shipped, and I have received no reply whatsoever.

Edited by meridannight

Species I'm growing from seed: Chrysalidocarpos leptocheilos, Licuala grandis, Hyophorbe verschaffeltii, Johannesteijsmannia altifrons, Bentinckia condapanna, Livistona benthamii.

10 minutes ago, meridannight said:

I contacted them by email (which I have successfully done on my previous orders before) and asked for an estimate when my items could be shipped, and I have received no reply whatsoever.

That was before.....their email response is hit and miss these days, so it's advisable to pick up the phone and call them.  I know on all my orders it typically took about three weeks from payment for them to ship.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Will said:

Be prepared to wait for about ONE MONTH after they receive your prepayment (full payment) usually by a bank wire transfer until they ship out your order to you. Within that period of one month at least some of your ordered seeds will become old or inviable. This has happened many times to me until I decided to now to give up ordering from RPS. They do not refund or credit for bad seeds even if you order only FRESH SEEDS! I bought Areca catechu "Dwarf" 10 seeds at a cost of around €50 (and many more ALL FRESH (all marked as NEW) seeds, such as Wallichia disticha) which arrived absolutely old and dried out and did not germinate after waiting for 5 summer months. I will be demanding a refund for those seeds that had 0% germination rates and there were several of them. Other seeds even the freshest ones from RPS germinate maximum at around 30%. Only the very-easy-to-germinate seeds, purchased from RPS, get 30%, sometimes even up to 40% germination rate, but that's it. This is a realistic review, not necessarily a negative one.

I ordered on the 20th of August. Called them the 25th to add some seeds to my order. By the first week it was on shipping and last week they arrived. 

I called them at least 5 times over the last month and they always picked up immediately. I dont know if its because I called them that the order was so fast or I was lucky, but if the seeds gonna germinate at a high percentage I gonna definitely order again. 

2 hours ago, meridannight said:

What delivery delay if they haven't even shipped my order yet? 

RPS hasn't even processed my order! It's just sitting there in the same state since the end of August! I placed my order at the end of August, paid for it, and it has been sitting under their status label ''processing'' ever since.

I wouldn't wait so long and call them. The lady who is answering every time is definitely gonna help you. 

14 hours ago, Will said:

I ordered on the 20th of August. Called them the 25th to add some seeds to my order. By the first week it was on shipping and last week they arrived. 

I called them at least 5 times over the last month and they always picked up immediately. I dont know if its because I called them that the order was so fast or I was lucky, but if the seeds gonna germinate at a high percentage I gonna definitely order again. 

Well, you lucked out. You didn't have to wait that long, so good for you. Others did not fare that well.

I'm not making this up. I placed my order on August 28, and it took them exactly 3 weeks before they shipped it. I did call them today, and I do give them that -- they do pick up the phone and talk to you. Apparently they sent out my order yesterday via DHL, exactly 3 weeks after I placed my order. 

Here's some screenshots with sensitive information blacked out: As you can clearly see,  my order was placed on August 28. They sent the information to DHL on September 6, but the package was not send out till September 20!! I made no changes to my order, had no questions or problems until Sep 14 when I sent them and email to inquire about when my order might be shipped. An email which is still unanswered, but they did pick up the phone when I called. So, yes, calling them is the way to go when you have a problem. Which is okay, I don't have a problem with that. My problem is with them promising order processing times of 3-9 working days, and they take 21 working days!!

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 17.09.17.png

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 17.02.54.png

Edited by meridannight
  • Like 1

So first feedback. 6 days later, 3 of 10 Yucca brevifolia already germinated. Hoping for more to germinate soon, especially the palms :lol:

20210925_155812.jpg

20210925_155754.jpg

Hi,

Placed my order on 22.09.2021 very late in the evening for Yucca seeds (no additions, no questions) and seeds arrived on 30.09.2021. So one week from order to arival of goods.

I hope they germinate with the same speed.

Eckhard

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes_metri

11 hours ago, Palmensammler said:

Hi,

Placed my order on 22.09.2021 very late in the evening for Yucca seeds (no additions, no questions) and seeds arrived on 30.09.2021. So one week from order to arival of goods.

I hope they germinate with the same speed.

Eckhard

My Yucca Brevifolia germinated within 6 days