IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Good find at the big box!

mdsonofthesouth

Returned the dead palm that was sold to me with more than half its roots gone bad and paid a little extra for a much larger specimen! Couldn't be happier, wish I could afford to get the other 2 but oh well. Wife woulda killed me had I brought more than just the replacement lol.

• Upvote 4

LOWS 16/17 12F, 17/18 3F, 18/19 7F, 19/20 20F

Palms growing in my garden: Trachycarpus Fortunei, Chamaerops Humilis, Chamaerops Humilis var. Cerifera, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix, Sabal Palmetto 

That's a nice one.  How long are you going to keep these in pots? 

Edited by Palm crazy

7 hours ago, Rickybobby said:

Awesome congrats !!

Thanks! Saw yours and went nuts when I found mine lol.

6 hours ago, Palm crazy said:

That's a nice one.  How long are you going to keep these in pots? 

Well they were only supposed to be in pots til about now or mid July at latest for planting around our addition. But that's been delayed as the county is dragging its feet so likely will stay until March 2019 fo get a whole growing season before winter. I prefer to plant in mid to late March depending on how spring goes.

I did plant my first palm in early September and it's still alive, but I am not too keen on doing that with the winters we have had since around 2012...

Edited by mdsonofthesouth

Palms growing in my garden: Trachycarpus Fortunei, Chamaerops Humilis, Chamaerops Humilis var. Cerifera, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix, Sabal Palmetto 

Nice find.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

1 hour ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Nice find.

Thanks! I was starting to think about planting it out front as it's getting close to hardy size, but so far my "better" judgement is preventing that lol. Just counted my palms in the front yard and there are 15 in the garden by the house and 3 out near the road so I might need to cool it out front and wait for the east and SE side to open up next spring lol.

• Upvote 1

Excellent find! It looks like a 15g already. It should be hardy already but another growing season and planting in the Spring would be better. I bought a 15g and planted it in April I will have to share progress pics. 

Will be nice to compare progress! Just hoping this one won't die lol the others I bought are doing so well from the same batch.

Edited by mdsonofthesouth