IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free Dypsis lanceolata seed

DoomsDave

Whoo hoo wee! 

Just got a whole bunch of Dypsis lanceolata seeds!

If you want some, PM me with your address and I'll send them to you, anywhere on Earth except Morocco.

Please put "free lanceolata seeds" or similar in the message line.

You may know the drill already. PM me for any  questions.

IMG_2621.thumb.JPG.4d5a7a3d6aa77b6142edaIMG_2622.thumb.JPG.64152b69e19054216da5f

• Upvote 2

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I have a lot.

Generous donor, and fecund plant.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I have a lot.

Of seed, that is.

This is a slender species, multiple trunks, about 2" (5 cm) thick, to about 18 feet (6m) tall, after 20+ years in the ground in Southern California.

Should be good in a pot indoors. So, Croatians, Swedes, Brits, Canadians, Nebraskans, etc., put in a request, too.

• Upvote 1

nebraskans....  

You're killin' me man.  (time to buy a greenhouse)

• Upvote 4

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."

Ask and you'll get.

Here's some of the seeds.

IMG_2632.thumb.JPG.f19a21d78c68540fbeb89

• Upvote 4

Hi Dave,

you're right, you have a lot of them :lol:. Sent you a PM.

Eckhard

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes_metri

7 hours ago, Palmensammler said:

Hi Dave,

you're right, you have a lot of them :lol:. Sent you a PM.

Eckhard

Oh yes

Keep the PMs coming, I've got plenty of seed still.

urk

Still plenty of seed

Keep the requests coming

12 minutes ago, Palmensammler said:

Hi Dave,

have you seen my PM?

Eckhard

Oh, yes. Gathering PMs to send out a bunch of seed all at once.

Alright, getting ready to send out the first batch.

So far, I've got 28 requests, from, inter alia; Spain, France, Phillipines, Germany, Netherlands, Croatia, Czech Republic; and Florida, Nebraska, Massachussetts, Florida, Georgia, Utah, and of course, California.

I'm a bit disappointed, actually. I expected hordes of Tasmanian Devils asking for seed.

I can EASILY handle another 30 requests, no problem.

Send me a PM, and get on the Lanceolata Train, leaving the station.

• Upvote 2

NO NEED TO BE SHY

Ask and ye shall receive!

Doink 

Even the Tar Baby approves.

How can you go wrong with that?

• 169408-7f6affe60918e052cffb4edaaacd3ca7.
  • Upvote 1

Here's the envelopes all posted and ready to go.

Dont be shy I have more!

IMG_2669.thumb.JPG.d931d0a2b57684aa445d4

• Upvote 2

On 6/16/2017, 5:49:20, DoomsDave said:

Here's the envelopes all posted and ready to go.

Dont be shy I have more!

IMG_2669.thumb.JPG.d931d0a2b57684aa445d4

Mailed out yesterday evening.

• Upvote 2

Here's a picture of the seeds.

They HAVE NOT been cleaned. They might even be a bit moldy.

But they'll still grow.

IMG_2668.thumb.JPG.2390b1b7b82a4266dad2c

Should we clean them?  Or will they fair as well as they are?

You can clean them if you want.

I usually don't, though if you do, soak them first, which will make it a lot easier to clean the dried fruit off.

I've found them to be good growers and sprouters as a species.

• 4 months later...

ALL(!!!) of mine are having a 24 hour spa day on the kitchen counter with their friends!

Please share your germination/seedling stories/pics!

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

Anyone getting sprouts?

Hello Dave

I have never received the seeds that you kindly sent to me. probably a postal or customs problem.

My dypsis plumosa and brahea grow well but slow.

Cordially Marc. 

Hi Dave,

I did get my D. lanceolata seeds in June.  I also got the D. plumosa seeds as well.  THANK YOU!

4 of the D. Plumosa seeds sprouted within 2 weeks, the rest are still sleeping.

The D. lanceolata seeds have not germinated........:unsure: so they too are sleeping or becoming organic nutrients.

Anybody else have success with the lancies?

Yeah, I just checked my germination kresh again last night.  Had another frankenbrahea pop, but none of these yet.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017, 10:24:01, porkchop said:

No luck for me ......

No sprout or no got?

Nothing for me, but my germination methods might not be the most stellar. I do remember that there were a lot of floaters (even after cleaning) with the batch I got.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2017, 23:30:40, DoomsDave said:

I have a lot.

Of seed, that is.

This is a slender species, multiple trunks, about 2" (5 cm) thick, to about 18 feet (6m) tall, after 20+ years in the ground in Southern California.

Should be good in a pot indoors. So, Croatians, Swedes, Brits, Canadians, Nebraskans, etc., put in a request, too.

It is an easy "grow" on the south coast,where I am they would perish,but 300 km south they grow with very few issues.

6 hours ago, CroToni said:

It is an easy "grow" on the south coast,where I am they would perish,but 300 km south they grow with very few issues.

You might want to try some indoors. Small and skinny, like we sometimes wish we were . . . . . :)