IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Senci Rare Seeds - Sri Lanka

Hamal

• 4 weeks later...

Hamal

They sell through ebay as well and I couldn't resist 25 Chamaedorea tuerckheimii for $38 plus delivery http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/2014-mhje/m.html?item=201854118107&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

If they look good then will buy more as they have some good stuff.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

The Chamaedorea tuerckheimii seed from their ebay store has arrived.

All seed looks good and are sinkers. Hopefully they sprout true.

Steve

I have not ordered those yet, but some other species, among them Beccariophoenix alfredii. Unfortunately, they are anything but B. alfredii. The seeds were smaller, did not have three "eyes" that are typical of the tribe Cocoseae and germinated adjacently while B. alfredii is a remote germinator. So they sent the wrong species. I wonder if the other species were selected correctly. So I am not completely happy even though the germination rate is pretty good.

Frank

• 2 months later...

Good luck with your "tuerckheimii" there, man!!

First image shows a male Veracruz form. Second and third images are mine (lifted without permission from PalmTalk and many years stale) of a young blue sullivaniorum and one of my garden colonies of Guatemalan blue tuerckheimii. Wow, I wonder how they got seed from my Vista Hermosa collection, being as how it doesn't exist anymore

So much of their other listings are so patently bullsh*t (e.g. Nepenthes edwardsiana seed), I'm surprised the have any buyers AT ALL.

• 1 month later...

The quality of the seeds is not bad. They have a high germination percentage, but they seem to have a lot of ID problems. I ordered Archontophoenix purpurea, but received most likely Licuala grandis. I ordered Beccariophoenix alfredii, I have yet to figure out what I received. So most likely the Chamaedorea tuerckheimii sseds are anything but...

Frank

• 1 year later...

I ordered several kinds and none of the seeds were what they were labeled as. I wrote that to Mr Khuma, I guess the owner or at least the one who writes E-mails, he promised to send new, fresh seeds. Again I recieved Licuala grandis and other seeds but not the ones i payed for. The germination-rate was dissatisfying as the service.

Do NOT buy from. I have purchased seeds once through eBay and once separately.   There was no way to know the seed themselves were incorrect, but the first one from a batch bloomed and it was wrong.  A much less valuable seed passed off as something else.  

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

They’ve been on & off eBay at least twice. I bought Cham tuerck seeds from them that did nothing, didn’t buy again.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

• 1 month later...

A tip: make sure these foreign plant vendors provide proper certificates to mail plants to your country. US Customs now scans all pkgs entering the country for proper paperwork, then seizes/destroys any plants without it. Most vendors can't/won't provide it. I have two sources of plants in Thailand that do offer certificates but those come with extra cost.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

• 4 months later...

I am buy Cyrtostachys renda seeds and Phoenicophorium borsigianum seedlings from 

https://www.sencirareseeds.com/..   I received that seedlings in good condition.

They sell 100% fresh seeds with 100% germination quality.   Highly recommended.

Good staff and good service.  

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2020 at 12:48 AM, Jemini said:

I am buy Cyrtostachys renda seeds and Phoenicophorium borsigianum seedlings from 

https://www.sencirareseeds.com/..   I received that seedlings in good condition.

They sell 100% fresh seeds with 100% germination quality.   Highly recommended.

Good staff and good service.  

Really, this user joined and has made one post ever claiming 100% germination and 100% fresh seeds???   That sounds completely fake to me.    Going back to my post from last year- this seller routinely has Amherstia nobilis seeds listed for sale.  I made a purchase for several of them 2 times.  Once through eBay and once directly through their site.  Many seeds in that group- Amerherstia, Saraca, Brownea, etc have a similar look.  Amherstia leaf flushes come out with a uniquely different look.  None of these had that.  Later on, the first plant started to get flower buds at a surprisingly small size.  It ended up being a Saraca sp. of some sort.  While they are nice, I didn't need one.  It's not what was purchased.    I contacted the seller (of course it had been a year and a half since the sale at this point when the first bloom happened) and no responses.   AVOID THIS SELLER!  and the fake reviews on their behalf!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 4/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, Loxahatchee Adam said:

Really, this user joined and has made one post ever claiming 100% germination and 100% fresh seeds???   That sounds completely fake to me.    Going back to my post from last year- this seller routinely has Amherstia nobilis seeds listed for sale.  I made a purchase for several of them 2 times.  Once through eBay and once directly through their site.  Many seeds in that group- Amerherstia, Saraca, Brownea, etc have a similar look.  Amherstia leaf flushes come out with a uniquely different look.  None of these had that.  Later on, the first plant started to get flower buds at a surprisingly small size.  It ended up being a Saraca sp. of some sort.  While they are nice, I didn't need one.  It's not what was purchased.    I contacted the seller (of course it had been a year and a half since the sale at this point when the first bloom happened) and no responses.   AVOID THIS SELLER!  and the fake reviews on their behalf!

Do your telling me the Brahea Pimo seeds I got from them are gonna be probably Trachycarpus??? Hahhaa probably.  But was worth a shot for little bit of dough.   I’ll grow them and see what pops.   Tells you how bad I really want this Palm.  But not holding my breath Hahahaha 

• 1 year later...
On 10/24/2020 at 12:35 AM, Briank said:

Do your telling me the Brahea Pimo seeds I got from them are gonna be probably Trachycarpus??? Hahhaa probably.  But was worth a shot for little bit of dough.   I’ll grow them and see what pops.   Tells you how bad I really want this Palm.  But not holding my breath Hahahaha 

Did it look correct so far?

18 hours ago, Meangreen94z said:

Did it look correct so far?

Way way to early.  Braheas are impossible to tell like Pritchardias untill like 5-6 yrs down the road maybe.   And that first 3-4 yrs lucky to get 3 leafs w no distinguishing traits.   Roll of dice w certain species. 

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2017 at 11:55 PM, sgvcns said:

Hamal

They sell through ebay as well and I couldn't resist 25 Chamaedorea tuerckheimii for $38 plus delivery http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/2014-mhje/m.html?item=201854118107&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

If they look good then will buy more as they have some good stuff.

Steve

Hi has any anyone ordered from senci seeds sarilanka ? I wanted to no if they are legitimate as they way of taking payment is western union and world remit which I'm not keen on?

Hi has any anyone ordered from senci seeds sarilanka ? I wanted to no if they are legitimate as they way of taking payment is western union and world remit which I'm not keen on?

On 4/11/2017 at 1:52 PM, Hamal said:

I just discovered their website:

http://www.sencirareseeds.com/

I was wondering if anybody knows them or has ordered from them.

Hi has any anyone ordered from senci seeds sarilanka ? I wanted to no if they are legitimate as they way of taking payment is western union and world remit which I'm not keen on?

On 5/25/2017 at 7:22 AM, sgvcns said:

The Chamaedorea tuerckheimii seed from their ebay store has arrived.

All seed looks good and are sinkers. Hopefully they sprout true.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

They sold me either queens or royals (very slow and thin single strap leave yet to be IDed) labeled carpoxylons, and caryota mitis labeled ceroxylon. But their licualas grandis, cyrtostachys renda and borsigianums were true and did well (the rendas died on me, but came as healthy sprouts). They threw in a bauhinia that I liked.  The payment method was of concern to me as well but I was desperate at the time. Overall I had fun and got a few good palms from them.

They didn't steal from me aside from the swaps I mentioned. The stand -in seeds also had a low germination rate.

• 8 months later...

They cheated me and sold me dried out dead seed that they knew were not going to sprout.  I had bought some Caryota mitis varigated seeds and I knew right away they weren't any good.  I told them they were all dried out and they just lied and said "dried out seeds are better.  I know they are fresh because I picked them myself." But nothing ever sprouted, and I've sprouted these seeds before.  They also lied about there being tracking when none was ever provided.  This company, not surprisingly, is a fraudulent bunch of crooks!  DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!