IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Warmest April ever

Exotic Life

Hi,

What do you think of you're april? Give it a number, i give a 9.

Our april, was the sunnest ever, was the warmest ever, and also the dryest ever.

I have got no rain this whole April! there are also broke a lot day records, because also the almost 30C/86 early in april was on some places never early so warm ...

For now records are almost boring! every month is warmer then normal, so a broken record is almost normal  :P

I give my april a 9, for may starts also with sun, sun, sun and no rain is coming, so maybe we go the 50 days's dry? We will see :)

Robbin

Southwest

Robbin

"Ever" is a long time.....

Steve

USDA Zone 9a/b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

49'/14m above sea level, 25mi/40km to Galveston Bay

Long-term average rainfall 47.84"/1215mm

Near-term (7yr) average rainfall 55.44"/1410mm

I give ours an 8 :)

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18

Also here (in the other side of the world) also was one of our warmest april.- Yet was not real cold here.-Rainny. Caryota himalaya is still happily growing.-

Our April was also the warmest and sunniest on record, and whilst not the driest, it was the driest month since August 1995 and the driest April since 1984.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

• 2 weeks later...

If there's such a thing as an "average" US April temp, here it is: 1/3 degree F below average: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/cag3/na.html  That's the US.  In terms of lows, it was waaaay below average for me.

Steve

USDA Zone 9a/b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

49'/14m above sea level, 25mi/40km to Galveston Bay

Long-term average rainfall 47.84"/1215mm

Near-term (7yr) average rainfall 55.44"/1410mm

As Corey mentioned it has certainly been excellent here in Southern UK

I have chucked out a relevant newspaper article and cant remember the exact figures but apparently its been a record breaker.

I have already been watering and feeding my newish Queen and will be doing the same for the other palms soon.

Regardez

Juan

Juan