IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Socal weather still sucky...

STEVE IN SO CAL

Just pulled this off the NWS site...

.THURSDAY...PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS 58 TO 63 IN THE WESTERN VALLEYS TO 53 TO 58 NEAR THE FOOTHILLS. .THURSDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...BECOMING MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS 37 TO 47.

If this holds true, this would mean frost in my lower field....un-fricken-believable... :angry:

If global warming means I can grow Cocos Nucifera, then bring it on....

Steve-

If it is any consolation, I believe we broke a long standing record today for the lowest maximum temperature for April 9.  The record minimum high temperature was 70F set back in 1956.  Under dreary drizzly skies today, my station here in Tarpon Springs only peaked at 61F.

The weather this year has been wacko.  

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

(spockvr6 @ Apr. 09 2007,21:28)

Steve-

If it is any consolation, I believe we broke a long standing record today for the lowest maximum temperature for April 9.  The record minimum high temperature was 70F set back in 1956.  Under dreary drizzly skies today, my station here in Tarpon Springs only peaked at 61F.

The weather this year has been wacko.  

Larry

It has been a mighty strange spring over much of N. America esp this late in the year  :o

Lots of records being set in 2007.

Kind of scary since old records going back well into the early 20th century are being broken.  The globe/nation was so much less crowded 75 years ago  :o

Steve

You're in a hole, dude  :P What else but move?

Strong marine air with possible/remote chances of rainfall in a few days.  Very cool 60's/70's thru the week.

Morning gloom  :(

LA : 73/54

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

HAPP...I guess it's better palm habitat than Nebraska (maybe)  :cool:

If global warming means I can grow Cocos Nucifera, then bring it on....

Frost again? I don't wanna think about that ... strange weather over there in the USA.

Robbin

Southwest