LA Arboretum, Take 3

Kim

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Kim,

Very artistic! Needless to say, I'm very happy to be here in Hawaii, but one thing I miss are the PSSC meetings!

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Isn't that the house from "Meet the Fockers"?

Great film Kim.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

It worked for me. I really like the ficus thonningii! I'm always surprised at home they are able to produce so many aerial roots in a mediterranean climate.

I'm always up for learning new things!

Nice ploy, Kim.  You're gonna make me get DSL yet... lol

BS

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

It didn't work on our computers here at work. You'd think this place would have up-to-date software!  ??? Will try it at home.

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18

Kim - Really cool video! Very creative.  :D What software did you use? Adobe...  ?

Thanks for sharing :) ,

Scott

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18

bgl-- Thanks!  Our meetings would be even more fun if you were here to join in, but I kind of understand that living in Hawaii thing... :;):

Ray-- Thanks for the kind comments.  That house may be in many movies, including "Meet the Fockers"; apparently this garden is a convenient location for film and television.  Right now there is an elaborate set constructed in a grassy area for use in a children's feature film.  You can see a fully furnished house on the inside, raw lumber on the outside.

Hey Kyle, that is your kind of ficus!  Those roots were really amazing, they felt solid, like they were growing on fern bark, but all the material was produced by the tree.

Bill-- Break down, sell a couple of those potted palms from your pot ghetto and get DSL.  What are you waiting for?

Scott-- Yes, it's Adobe.  It's a new free feature through Photobucket.  This is my first attempt using it.  The slideshow has to be short because Photobucket restricts the number of photos you can use.  It's fairly easy and intuitive, but I had to do the whole thing at least 4 times because I couldn't figure out how to save my changes and it kept reverting back to my first draft. :angry:   When you click 'publish' it saves your changes, and they hawk the Adobe software for more elaborate remixes at that point.  Not many music choices, but oh well.  Good for beginners.

I can't see the slideshow at work either;  most video is considered restricted material at work.  Danger!  Danger!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Pots?  Got lots of them...

Ghetto?  I guess till the house is done, maybe so..   :(

I even have a good amount of survivors!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Kim!!!!! That was so cool!  What a great shot of Scott too! :D

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)