IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

More meteorological madness

SubTropicRay

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Strange to see it's colder then normal in Florida ... the state of heat and sunshine ...

Robbin

Southwest

Below normal in FLA this time of year just means 70s instead of 80s. Not a huge deal.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

Below normal here right now can mean highs in the 60's.  That's way to cool for this native Floridian.

Ray

So far the long range forecasts are looking good.  It looks like things will be in the 80's for the foreseeable future after tomorrow.  

In another month or so, well be complaining that we are starting to get days that run too hot and our power bills are going up!

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

If you like cooler weather, you better enjoy the next few nights....It is just about heat and humidty time :)

Parrish, FL

Zone 9B

Its cool in coastal Cal also although mild at night.  90's in desert. Marine layer means real chilly at the beach  :o

LA : 68/55

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

Larry,

I will not be one of those complainers.  Of course, it's wearing anything more than a T-shirt and flip flops that drives me insane.

Ray

Larry,

I will not be one of those complainers.  Of course, it's wearing anything more than a T-shirt and flip flops that drives me insane.

Ray

I second that one, Ray

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

Summer Highs  : 85-90f/day,  68-75f / night

Winter Lows     : 38-45f/day,   25-35f / night

Extreme Low    : 10-20f/day,    0-10f / night   but VERY RARE

Well, we have just had the strongest North storm of the year on Tenerife.

Yesterday has been probably the rainiest and coldest day of this winter, with even HAIL !

Temps in the city were 12 C at night and mostly 16 C day. Yes we had 3 or 4 h at 23, then down again.

Rain?!? After the driest year in years, yesterday I was trapped in my property for about 1 h while the ravines around me were crushing with cannons of water. After half an hour dozens of waterfalls were appearing everywhere and anywhere on the steep rocky mountains. anything was covered by a thin layer of running water.

And even hail! - hail, melting soon in water.

This was spectacular but it has wiped away all leaf litter and mulchings and the best upper layer of soil from my plantings... And it is scaring: if it lasts too long old stone walls can collapse and all my smaller pots can be in heavy trouble.

I visited the Palmetum this morning and it was all looking great. Most pests are gone and palms looked too happy. Next week we will see BIG GROWTH.

Carlo