IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

hard freeze warning for Southern Cal..........

trioderob

This time I'll meet you guys at the jumping off point

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

Every "meteorologist" (?!) on every local news (!) station should be lined up and summarily kicked in the huevos.

I saw 37F in front yard at midnight, and it got progressively warmer after that when the light winds kicked in. Back yard probably had 39-40 for a few hours and that's it.

Nothing damaged that I can see, everything looks great. We'll see in the next couple of days though...

Just lounging in the backyard with my iPad. The sun feels sooooo good. Northwesterlies are making nice sounds though the palm fronds. All is good. :)

sounds like the only thing missing Jim are the mai tais!! :)

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Just lounging in the backyard with my iPad. The sun feels sooooo good. Northwesterlies are making nice sounds though the palm fronds. All is good. :)

A Heineken had to do. :winkie:

Jim in Los Altos, CA  SF Bay Area 37.34N- 122.13W- 190' above sea level

zone 10a/9b

sunset zone 16

300+ palms, 90+ species in the ground

Las Palmas Design

Facebook Page

Las Palmas Design & Associates

Elegant Homes and Gardens

A Heineken had to do. :winkie:

Those Socal guys and their fruitcake drinks. :mrlooney:

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

Mmmmmm, Mai Tais!

Saw slight damage on an exposed plumaria (still holding leaves) other than that nothing. From what I gather with the new place, if I had decent canopy I would have stayed in the 40's last night under the canopy. I am literally 200 yards from the Cuesta Linda garden but with a more NW exposure. I have determined that my outdoor sensor is off by about 1.5 degrees on the low side, so at roof level NW exposure, no canopy I hit 32.5F last night with a slight frost on the cars and some exposed grass. It is significantly warmer today, getting up into the 60's. :happy:

Carl

Vista, CA

Every "meteorologist" (?!) on every local news (!) station should be lined up and summarily kicked in the huevos.

False alarms are so much better than real ones!

We may yet get the real deal soon.

Hope not.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.