IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Do you believe in Bigfoot???

Stevetoad

Do I believe in Big Foot?

Naaah!

Lee

Located at 1500' elevation in Kona on the west side of the Big Island of Hawaii.

Average annual rainfall is about 60"; temperature around 80 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

People beleive in all crazy things, sometimes with fanaticism. At least there's supposed pictures of bigfoot out there (not that I put much stake in those). I say nay - (but secretly hope the legend is true).

Naaah!

Does Big Foot have a mailing address?

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

Naaah!

Does Big Foot have a mailing address?

550 W 7th Ave # 1700, Anchorage, AK 99501

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

I only dream its real... I spend hours everyday on the look out.. but again nothing.

Has anyone on PT decided to go on Bigfoot Safari?

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&pw

When I was younger I believed it was possible, but without any real evidence I no longer do.

With Bigfoot, there just is no fossil evidence and that is the problem. To think that no one has ever even found so much as a tooth(bones can decay in a temperate rainforest, fairly quickly, but teeth last a very long time) tells me that there is no such thing. But while on the subject of cryptozoology, I believe the Thylacine could very well still be alive--would love to hear about what the Tassies have to say about it!

Not just no tooth, but no sh!t or anything either. Presumably there would be circumstantial evidence, like trails through the forest (where he/she/it brushed through trees), hair, teeth, a dead body (what, they never get in fights with each other?), or something if in fact Bigfoot were real. Probably just drunk hunters and fishermen who saw a bear standing on its hind legs at quite a distance - or, depending on the number of beers, even a close distance.

Resident of Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, San Diego, CA and Pahoa, HI.  Former garden in Vista, CA.  Garden Photos

Here in Amazonia we have two legendary forest dwellers:

The Mapinguari.

mapinguari_by_demongirl99-d6ewj79.jpg

And the Curupira.

curupira.jpg

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

There is also the Saci Perere. He only has one leg.

Saci-Perer%C3%AA.jpg

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is photographic evidence they do.

Does the Curupira have feet that point backwards or is that just the way the drawing looks?

Skunk Ape Research Center along the Tamiami Trail is a cool place to stay. We go down and camp every spring. The owner Dave is great with kids, really makes them believe they might see one out back of the property. Also the guy that runs the animal attractions is real good. We have held all sorts of reptiles. Snakes, turtles, a baby gator. They have a pond on the property where they throw coconuts in and when they sprout they plant them around the property. Saw some huge Royals not far down the road. They are probably planted being so close to the road, but at leat they are in habitat. (Had to at least mention palms.) Oh and no I don't think Bigfoot is real.

post-9838-0-63802800-1412655031_thumb.jp

<p> http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=32901

I didn't kill that plant. It committed suicide.

we had the skunk ape over for dinner last Saturday

he was remarkably well-behaved

post-56-0-12758900-1412717888_thumb.jpg

I get by with a little help from my fronds

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Proof positive in my opinion.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Best response yet, fell out of the chair.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

We have a couple of mythical legends here in Australia, one being the Yowie.

The yowie is similar to the Himalayan Yeti and the North American Sasquatch. The yowie is usually said to be a hairy and ape-like creature standing upright at between 2.1 m (6 ft 11 in) and 3.6 m (12 ft). The yowie's feet are said to be much larger than a human's, but alleged yowie tracks are inconsistent in shape and toe number, and the descriptions of yowie foot and footprints provided by yowie witnesses are even more varied than those of bigfoot.The yowie's nose is said to be wide and flat.

Behaviourally, some report the yowie can seem timid or shy. Others suspect that the yowie is sometimes violent or aggressive.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

We have a couple of mythical legends here in Australia, one being the Yowie.

The yowie is similar to the Himalayan Yeti and the North American Sasquatch. The yowie is usually said to be a hairy and ape-like creature standing upright at between 2.1 m (6 ft 11 in) and 3.6 m (12 ft). The yowie's feet are said to be much larger than a human's, but alleged yowie tracks are inconsistent in shape and toe number, and the descriptions of yowie foot and footprints provided by yowie witnesses are even more varied than those of bigfoot.The yowie's nose is said to be wide and flat.

Behaviourally, some report the yowie can seem timid or shy. Others suspect that the yowie is sometimes violent or aggressive.

Ahh, so the Skunk Ape is a frequent flyer. Somebody, search the airport videos now.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Give me Bigfoot

or give me death!

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 2 weeks later...

post-1729-0-06598200-1413906450_thumb.jp

In the tropical to subtropical areas of the new world - the Chupacabra exists.

settled.png

/end thread

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."

settled.png

/end thread

Hold on there bubba. There is no conclusive evidence that a ghost, due to its potential physical nature, or lack thereof, can be photographed in the first place. I'll give you the others, assuming that aliens have not see our explosion of camera use and are now cloaking themselves where there was no need to prior.

HappyHalloween-300x300.jpg

Keith,

"Demon-Haunted World" by Carl Sagan should be mandatory reading.

Your argument reminds me of the chapter about the fire breathing dragon in the garage, and why every bit of evidence proving it does not exist can easily be explained away. Such as, it is invisible so can't be seen or photographed, it has wings and never touches the ground, so powder placed to revel footprints doesn't work, and the fire it "breaths" is room temperature fire, so temperature guages are of no use - and on and on.

• Upvote 2

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

How come there has never been a dead body found or at least some bones from these mystic creatures? At least a campsite or cave where they could live, when that happens then I will believe in big foot or anything else. BTW theres a new scary movie coming out soon that has a big foot as the main creature. Sorry but this is as real as it gets…http://citrusandcream.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/bigfoot.jpg

Edited by Palm crazy

I believe in a Big Foot...

post-1122-0-50704900-1414691676_thumb.jp

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

• 2 weeks later...

Give me Bigfoot

or give me death!

A Big Foot was spotted lurking around the Lava Flow :bemused:

Bigfoot left his shoe, by this plant going up for auction November 15, 2014.

post-208-0-12394100-1415897350.jpg

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 1 month later...

I was at the Saigon Kick concert on Saturday night and when I was leaving the State Theater, a guy pointed at me and said "Look, it's Sasquatch Santa", so I guess anything is possible.

52% 9B / 42% 10A / 6% "Other"

Brandon.gif

• 1 month later...

http://www.on-netflix.com/the-truth-behind-bigfoot/16579

Spoiler alert: Film and graphic artist weighs in. The film is real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson%E2%80%93Gimlin_film Seems to be a lot of "controversy" over the authenticity of this film. Mayhaps it's all sound and fury signifying nothing? (or profits?)

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson%E2%80%93Gimlin_film Seems to be a lot of "controversy" over the authenticity of this film. Mayhaps it's all sound and fury signifying nothing? (or profits?)

You have to watch the movie, man. It was kind of fun. I mean it was overdrawn, overblown, at time boring fun, but fun.

• 1 year later...

Vehicle in front of me on commute home.  This thread came to mind immediately.

IMG_8371.JPG

Disney believes in BigFoot.

Here's some Jungle Book trivia about King Louie!

In the new Jungle Book movie, King Louie could not be an Orangutan because they are not found in India.  However, Gigantopithecus is much more likely to reside there.

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds