IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Where did the "largest rare palm collection" go?

BS Man about Palms

I was trying to read the latest posts and it seems to have disappeared.   Surely it couldn't have turned controversial?

Bill

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Robert? any ideas?

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I'm afraid so, Bill.

There's a setting in the admin control panel that we didn't have in the old software.  The setting allows (or not) for the originator of the topic to DELETE the entire topic!   Who wouldda thunk?!?  In the old version only an administrator could do such a thang ....

I changed it!

(This should be in the Admin Forum)

Thanks RLR

(Stan @ Jul. 20 2006,20:42)

The mystery is why the rare palm topic guy got upset.....

Doesnt RLR's post #3 above "solve" this mystery?

The key words are ORIGINATOR OF THE POST.  That means the person who STARTED THE TOPIC.  If there were 1000 posts after the first one, he could still wipe out the entire thread.  

So where is the mystery?

There's a setting in the admin control panel that we didn't have in the old software.  The setting allows (or not) for the originator of the topic to DELETE the entire topic!   Who wouldda thunk?!?  In the old version only an administrator could do such a thang ....

I changed it!

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

Ok ,again. Like i said, and how you put it-why did the originator delete the topic?...Is RLR saying he changed that NOW,so it cannot be done anymore?

I can't hear a word you're saying Robert, speak up.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

I'm old, Wal and can't holler ver loudly now--have aged

quite a bit this last month  ;-))

THE RIF

Requiescat In Pace

(Stan @ Jul. 20 2006,20:42)

The mystery is why the rare palm topic guy got upset.....

It was my son playing on palmtalk, he deleted all my posts it was not my intent but thats what happened. Mystery solved :(

I had heard privately from some that they had accidently deleted posts while "editing".  Since I believed RLR would admit to something if he did it, I figured it was an accident at your end.

BS

RLR,

Perhaps the "delete" button should be left on reply messages.  This way the string cannot be deleted but individual replies can be erased.  Sometimes you post and have second thoughts.  Just a suggestion.

Ray

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

You're QUICK, Ray  ;-)).  I just changed that "parameter" a few hours ago.  I did so because of the slight chaos we just had because of that ol' delete button.

Here's a solution that might be just as good: one can STILL edit one's post and can change (via EDIT) the complete text of one's post, including wholesale change.  Otherwise one can PM me and convince me to actually delete the post.  The problem with this, of course, is that the follow-ups (if there BE any) might not make too much sense.

Let's live with the situation a few days and see .... eh?

Bob, love the avatar.  Very glorious! :D

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Very flashy! .....Where's my raybans?

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Photoshop madness running rampant...LOL

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B