IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

79 degree f. tap water in Corona, California!

yachtingone

I have lived in Corona for 33 years. Last winter we had our first summer like weather since I have lived here. I noticed this summer I was adding no hot water while showering. This has never happened before!!! I checked the temp and it's 79 f. !

I will check it in 6 months after our next winter. Then again this time next year.

I will check the soil temp soon.

Who else is experiencing this?

Does it benefit our plants?

I have had a few palms with scale on the spears farmed by ants for the first time! R. glauca, B. armata and a D. onilahensis.

I took the water direct from the tap that comes out of the ground after running lots of water thru it!

Then I checked the temp. The temp went down 1 degree while taking the pic.

post-1270-0-68646400-1407682683_thumb.jp

post-1270-0-96903500-1407682684_thumb.jp

test

Can only see it as a positive, especially if it stays elevated throughout the colder weather. I'm on bore water which is a couple of degrees warmer than yours year round. My automatic irrigation system comes on between 4:00 to 6:30 am which is generally the coldest part of the morning in winter. Even if only marginally, it would raise both temp and humidity. Compensates a little for being in a colder microclimate.

BTW my gas bill was $8.13 last month! Lowest in ages. Also last winter I never turned on my heater to warm the house, a first!!!

test

Yachting---

If you take 79F showers....can you teach my wife and daughter how to do the same?!?!?!?!? Im not sure my hot water heater can be turned up much higher.......LOL

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

Here in California people go into the ocean when it's in the low 70's. I do believe most of my plants are thriving with the record warm winter we had. Because of the record warm winter we have warmer soil and tap water this summer. Some of my plants I believe like cooler winters and are not thriving! My next door neighbors jacaranda didn't even flower this year. They need cold winters for the best flowering.

I bit off topic, my motorcycle likes the hot asphalt like no summer before! I bumped my speed up from 65 mph to 70 mph while carving thru a cloverleaf turn I know well!!!

test