IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Video Test - phantom and goPro

Palmarum

A video test made this week of the Phantom quadcopter and the GoPro camera -

Brian Piccolo Park, Broward County - Florida

A view of how flat the terrain can be. In some views to the east (sun in southern sky) you can see the large buildings along the coastline, about 14 miles away. Still in testing phase for a lot of it...

http://youtu.be/nImHqFusOLY

Ryan

South Florida

Cool..Might be a good tool in palm tree habitat researching.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Nice work..

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

The video was shot at 1080p 48f and I would like to try a 1440p video just to see how it looks on here. The output on that video above was just as intended.

Ryan

South Florida

Ryan - as soon as you upload to uTube, they will change resolution and frame speed. So you need to adjust your original footage so that where you are uploading it will convert most accurately. There are some services that are better than others, and some with premium accounts for better quality.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Nice work..

Travis Searle was the pilot, I was just the ground crew.

It is a lot of fun to see how it flies and works. More fun to see how people react to the drone when they see it and hear it. Those people in the nearby field were playing football and each took turns pointing up at it yelling, "What is that?!". When its up high you can barely see it but it sounds like a swarm of angry bees. We also flew it at night and the Phantom has LED guide lights on it that are quite bright and seem to bring about different reactions from people in the neighborhood.... "Aliens!!" It would be nice if the battery lasted longer on this model, but it is the first step. The GoPro is a lot of fun on its own, and with the Phantom the palm viewing possibilities started popping in my head as soon as I saw the first commercial for the product. More batteries and more practice though...

Ryan

South Florida

Another video test, same location at the park, but at night. It was cold... very cold.

http://youtu.be/90TocFiTuf4

Ryan

South Florida

Boy, the earth REALLY is round! Lol. Bigger and better videos to come!

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

May I suggest an audio commentary test as well, add this back in the studio (so to speak) via windows movie maker programs and the like. I like the engine sound too, but with an added commentary of what we're seeing, some data on the heights reached and how far the view is would be interesting to hear.

Great effort team Phantom.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.