IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

check out these hybrids cold hardy fans

sonoranfans

In the main forum at the end of the post of another thread, member Paul Gallop posted pics of some of his cocoid hybrids from patrick shaffer, starting with post 21

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/35949-over-100-pounds-of-fertilizer-a-year-for-a-copernicia/

Growers in 8b 9a should take a look as some of these are great palms in any zone, but are going to be rare as they are typically hand pollinated. I didnt want these to go unnoticed by cold hardy growers at the end of a copernicia thread... My favorite is the butia parajubaea cross... :yay:

Edited by sonoranfans

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

hello.

For the photos that I have seen jubaea x syagrus...

...my favorite one that i grow is jubutiagrus from Tim...

I cannot expect to see the syagrus x parajubaea shunka ... seeds sprouted last year...

regards

In the main forum at the end of the post of another thread, member Paul Gallop posted pics of some of his cocoid hybrids from patrick shaffer, starting with post 21

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/35949-over-100-pounds-of-fertilizer-a-year-for-a-copernicia/

Growers in 8b 9a should take a look as some of these are great palms in any zone, but are going to be rare as they are typically hand pollinated. I didnt want these to go unnoticed by cold hardy growers at the end of a copernicia thread... My favorite is the butia parajubaea cross... :yay:

I agree that Butia X Parajubaea is a sweet palm. Maybe it's photo/lighting enhanced, but the leaves look glossy too. I hope Paul keeps posting updates.

Steve