IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PLEASE TAG YOUR COLD HARDY TOPICS

PALM MOD

We would suggest tagging any new topics accordingly - with "Cold Hardy," in case it is ever deemed necessary to merge this new forum back into the main "Discussing Palms" forum. If that is done, Cold Hardy topics will always be easily accessible by using the tag feature.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Is there no way to edit after posting-I tried to do this but couldn't find a way too....

There is a time limit on editing - I think it is 15 mins for Forum Members and 1 hour for IPS Members.

If you go to the first post and click edit, then go to the Full Editor, I think you should see where you can add or edit your tag. But after that time frame, you are out of luck. But if you PM "Kostas" and ask nicely, I'm sure he will do it for you. If you can include a link to the topic, that would make it that much easier for him. Don't expect immediate results - he has his hands full after volunteering for the job of tagging the older topics. We are very grateful for his time and contribution.

sorry if this was already covered in class,but how do you "tag" something?

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

I would like, but it is unaviable, u can only tag cold hardy...

Ondra

Prague, Czech Republic

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_metric_

The only pre-set tag is "Cold Hardy", but you may type in whatever you wish.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

• 1 month later...

The only pre-set tag is "Cold Hardy", but you may type in whatever you wish.

My experience is it only accepts cold hardy, will not allow another tag to get added

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Its only allowing the cold hardy tag for me as well. Won't accept typing in any other tag entry ...

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

I had to remove the "pre-defined" tag in order to enable the ability to add multiple tags of your choice.

You can now add up to five tags.

Suggestion. I've been on similar boards that have a timed edit feature to the OP and they have a much longer time allowance to make changes--I swear like a week maybe. So I was thinking maybe allowing a longer edit time here would help? People could always PM the OP to ask him to go back in and modify his thread to include a tag, saving one of the volunteers the task down the road.

Zone 9b (formerly listed as Zone 9a); Sunset 14

Suggestion. I've been on similar boards that have a timed edit feature to the OP and they have a much longer time allowance to make changes--I swear like a week maybe. So I was thinking maybe allowing a longer edit time here would help? People could always PM the OP to ask him to go back in and modify his thread to include a tag, saving one of the volunteers the task down the road.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure what you mean by "OP." Do you mean Original Poster?

IPS Members already have extra time to edit their posts/topics, along with lots of other "perks" - like there isn't even a notation added that indicates it has been edited.

But for a busy Forum, a week is much too long to allow editing. After people have responded to and quoted a particular post, it becomes problematic to allow the author to then go back and change or even delete portions of the post people have commented on. And unfortunately there is no option to only allow the editing of tags, and not the editing of topics/posts.