IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Phoenix roebelenii

Kathryn

Dear Kathryn,

this is a very common problem in india and in my garden too,this occurs during intermitent rainfall and followed by good sunshine.

if the tree is not too tall,then put a stool or ladder climb it and gently scratch using steel wool or kitchen knief but take care not to damage it.

then fill kerosene oil in your hand held sprayer and climb the ladder and spray it in high aerosol mode(i.e high compression with very small drop lets spraying out as seen in a deoderant spray. mild coating is more than sufficent to the infected areas only. allow it to dry and do this treatment only on sunny days. the oil should air dry throughly. and while spraying never spill the oil in the root area(Cover with polythene sheet)

and do not water the palm for a month.

if you see this recuring then repeat the above method but after 1 week, spray with multi spectrum fungicide based on copper or sulfur. this will work wonders.

And if you find some leaves infected and if pruning of leaves is due then saftely remove even those leaves instead of scratching it with steel wool.

I always recomand you to go for chemical based fert ,pesticides & fungicides.but take the necessary precautions.

the problem your phoenix is facing is not a serious one. :)

Keep me posted of the developments.

love conquers all..

43278.gif