IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Alphabetical Sorting

PALM MOD

Matt and Everyone,

FYI --- I have switched the default sorting in this forum to sort topics alphabetically per Matty's suggestion. Please be aware that the options for sorting are always available on all the forums at the bottom of the page. You can sort topics in any number of ways.

Alphabetically by topic, topic starter, last poster, etc. Or chronologically by last post, topic start date, etc. Check it out.

So if you prefer checking for the most recent additions, just sort that way, by last post, from the botton menu.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Nice Dean.  I was thinking of this, but wondering how to deal with noting new updates, but it looks good.  Can you change it so that all threads show up on one page (just for this sub-forum)?

Robert

Madera, CA (central San Joaquin valley)

9A

OK, got it now.  I like the alphabetical order when looking to add new data to the board but I like to change it to the most recent post at top when just browsing for new info added by others.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

(iwan @ Jan. 17 2007,04:44)

Nice Dean.  I was thinking of this, but wondering how to deal with noting new updates, but it looks good.  Can you change it so that all threads show up on one page (just for this sub-forum)?

Robert,

Getting them all on one page is a global setting. That is, if I do it here, it happens everywhere. :(

• Upvote 2

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Great tool Dean. Temperature info from any source had previously been hard to come by. What a breeze this makes it. Thanks.

Bret

Bret

Coastal canyon area of San Diego

"In the shadow of the Cross"

Dean,

For us computer challenged individuals,I see where it says at the bottom of the page alphabetical sorted.

But I don't see anywhere to change it to another format?

HELP?

Scott

Titusville, FL

1/2 mile from the Indian River

USDA Zone COLD

Scott,

When viewing the topics (not posts), at the bottom in one of the blue lines, you will see the following where ******* is a field to be chosen:

"Showing 40 of 116 topics sorted by ********  in ******** from  *******"

You can chose by "topic name," "topic starter," in "ascending order," "descending order," etc. Note that this is only available for sorting topics, not posts.

• 2 weeks later...

I much prefer it the old way. As you can see, folks edit the topic title to stay on top. It's actually a rude practice.

Los Niños y Los Borrachos siempre dicen la verdad.

(alex_7b @ Jan. 26 2007,18:14)

I much prefer it the old way. As you can see, folks edit the topic title to stay on top. It's actually a rude practice.

Alex, do you see at the bottom of the "Freeze" forum where you can sort by date?  Is that what you want -- to be able to see today's posts first?

A few threads have titles, when alphabetically sorted, to be on top reminding us to keep concise and be complete, etc.  I do not believe you can "edit" the topic title once the title is chosen.

• Upvote 1

San Francisco Bay Area, California

Zone 10a

Kathy,

You are correct.

Alex,

You can make it just the way you like it if you wish.

• 3 years later...

I like the new way, makes sense to do it this way- good job palm talk

"Love & Let Be Loved"

"Loyalty, Trust, Fate, and Desire leading Love through our deepest Burning Fires."

"If it don't apply let it fly... if the shoe fits...wear it Cinderella!"

"A Bad attitude is like a flat tire, you won't get anywhere until you change it"

"A Boy makes excuses and A Man makes Change"

~Eric G. Plott~

• 10 months later...

The former sorting method was better.

If one wants to find, there is a search option.

And beside that, the options dont work at all :(

Not sure what you mean Rafael, nothing has changed in 4 1/2 years. And I checked my filter options - and they all work, so you can sort any way you wish. Just click on "Click here to show filter options" at the bottom.

The former sorting method was better.

If one wants to find, there is a search option.

And beside that, the options dont work at all :(

Not sure what you mean Rafael, nothing has changed in 4 1/2 years. And I checked my filter options - and they all work, so you can sort any way you wish. Just click on "Click here to show filter options" at the bottom.

Sometimes this does not work, you choose the sorting option "last post", save it and then, the next time when you return, the alfabetical is shown again.

What i mean is the alfabetical sorting should not be the default sorting method, it is not functional.

What is really usefull is the "last post" option, wich should be, in my opinion, the default method.

But that's just my point. I can manage with this, anyway.

Thanks Palm Mod! :)