IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Summer in the south (and winter in the north)

Tyrone

U2 is an awesome band. I've been listening and enjoying them since 1982! "All is quiet on New Years Day"......ahh the memories.

We're still freezing here in North Florida. Only 39 days left until March and I can't wait. Seems mother nature has secretly relocated Florida 200 miles northward during the last 2 winters. Damn global plate tectonics! :mrlooney:

Land O Lakes FL, a suburb on the North Side of Tampa, FL

Summers are great, 90f/32c in the day & 70f/21c at night with plentiful rain & sun

Winters are subtropical with occasional frosts and freezes. Tropical cyclones happen.

We have a few Royal palms in the warm microclimates but Coconuts freeze.

I am a Kayaker, Hiker, Bicyclist, and amateur Photographer that loves the outdoors.  

Forecast for Sunday Sunny. Moderate E'ly winds before a moderate to fresh afternoon coastalseabreeze extending inland late afternoon.Precis: Sunny. City: Max 36 Mandurah: Max 33 UV Alert: 8:10 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 13 [Extreme] Fire Danger: Coastal Plain: HIGH Hills: HIGH Forecast for Monday Cloud developing during the day. Moderate E/NE winds easing during the morningbefore a moderate to fresh afternoon sea breeze.Precis: Partly cloudy. City: Min 21 Max 37Mandurah: Min 20 Max 33Tuesday Sunny. Min 21 Max 36Wednesday Mostly sunny. Min 21 Max 32Thursday Sunny. Min 15 Max 30Friday Sunny. Min 18 Max 35Saturday Partly cloudy. Min 20 Max 36

Where in the middle of a Perth summer over here. Hot and dry.

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Finally had a hot day here today..the first real summer day this season! 35C (95F) and dewpoints up to 25C...hot and humid all night and all day. I thought it would be a warm one as it was a very humid 32C at 8:30am...way too hot to be in my office clothes, especially with no air in my car.

Had more thunderstorms this afternoon, and more of the same forecast for tomorrow.

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Well, we're in the middle of summer and my bore pump packs up. :( Have to use the EL Falcon to pull it out of the ground this arvo. You can do lots with a 1997 Falcon. :D I was just thinking the other day that because I'm in the middle of summer, something should go wrong with the reticulation. I hate being right sometimes. The motor has burnt out and the phases are all unbalanced. Time to drop a brand newey down.

Here's the forecast.

Friday Partly cloudy. Min 18 Max 34Saturday Sunny. Min 20 Max 35Sunday Cloudy, thunderstorm risk. Min 22 Max 29Monday Partly cloudy. Min 19 Max 28Tuesday Partly cloudy. Min 16 Max 27Wednesday Sunny. Min 16 Max 30

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Ouch... that is my biggest nightmare, Tyrone. They are not cheap!!

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

We are heading below freezing again tomorrow night. Zone reality set in last year, now it is being cemented in place.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Still wet, wet & wet here... typical Monsoon. It has been raining here on and off for the last 2-3 weeks. Not the kind that QLD has been getting... just drizzle (sometimes heavy) kind of rain, and then stop.... the sun is out - kind of thing... But the plants are doing some bouncing for sure. I have never seen the garden looks so happy :) :). Unfortunately too wet to mow, so the grass is a bit out of control. Oh well... getting the slasher in the next few weeks, so I might just slash everything instead.

There is a tropical low at Joseph Bonaparte Gulf.. I guess we shall see what happens there...

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Ouch... that is my biggest nightmare, Tyrone. They are not cheap!!

Pulled it up yesterday. It was covered in iron, but the motor part had like black sooty mud all over it, so I think it's got hot for some reason. Anyway I rang my bore guy, and he must be one in about 100 million. He said he'd sell me a new pump at his cost. What a bloke!!!!!!!!! Real decent chap. I told him to put some mark up on it as I don't want him to do it for nothing.

I've been toying with the idea of putting a new motor on the old pump wet end, and putting it down the bore hole I had before that was drilled a bit higher than my present one. It's only about a metre away from my newest bore hole. That way I have an auxilliary that I can switch over too when the main one dies. I do rely on the bore. Luckily I've been able to switch some of the zones like my nursery areas over to the mains, which has its own complications. Anyway I should have a new pump running by Mon or Tuesday. Can't do without my bore. laugh.gif

Weird sort of day here. A min around 20C totally overcast and a bit of rain and moisture in the air this morning. Then it cleared after getting things a bit damp and now the suns out and going for 35C. You think it would be humid though, but it's not. It's not dry desert humidity but it's not rainforest at the equator humidity either.

Spent the morning at a clients house trying to prune some Syagrus. The smallest had 6.5m of clear trunk and the tallest about 9m. I bought some safety gear like a full arrest harness, lanyard, and sling, and a 6.5m ladder, but it was no good for the taller ones as it's much too unsafe to disconnect a 100kg seed bunch, 2m above you even if it is off to the side. On a ladder you can't jump out of it's way, especially if you're tethered to the trunk. So I did two of them and aborted it for safety reasons, but they were the ones with the most fruit. Filled a trailer and half the ute with fronds, flower bracts, and about 500kg of seed. What a job. Going to dump it all now.

No rest for the wicked. :D

Best regards

Tyrone

Saw the total rainmfall figures for the area a few days ago ..

this is just from memory , but Innisfail win again with about 6.5 m.

Tully had a respectable 5.8 m well above avg.

Michael in palm paradise,

Tully, wet tropics in Australia, over 4 meters of rain every year.

Home of the Golden Gumboot, its over 8m high , our record annual rainfall.

Raining all night here last night and still raining. Haven't be able to mow for weeks!! The grass is getting out of hand. I think we have to bring the slasher in now :rolleyes: . Not complaining. The rain is good, if only the grass only grow half the rate of everything else, it will be so much better....

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

We're going for a possible evening shower here with a 33C max. That'll be nice. :)

It's a beautiful warm evening with light winds full cloud cover and the odd spitting from the sky. Going for rain tomorrow and 29C. 40C by the end of the week with rain. Weird.

Best regards

Tyrone

Nearly 20C dewpoints at midday. Warm cloudy and humid with the odd drop from the sky. Around 29C at the moment.

Forecast for Monday A shower or two increasing to a few showers during the afternoon. Light tomoderate S/SE winds, shifting fresh S/SW in the afternoon.Precis: Few showers. City: Min 18 Max 26Mandurah: Min 18 Max 24Tuesday Sunny. Min 15 Max 28Wednesday Sunny. Min 17 Max 32Thursday Mostly sunny. Min 20 Max 36Friday Afternoon thunderstorm. Min 23 Max 40Saturday Shower or two. Min 24 Max 35

Best regards

Tyrone

Showers and 26C today before the big warm up begins again.

Bright and sunny , a perfect day . Mate came around and wanted a heap of Heliconias & Gingers , so sharpened the spade and got him to dig out ones encroaching on the fruit trees . ... was amazed at how strong the fragrance from the Betel flowers still is ... wafting many meters from the palm ... :drool:

bloody marvelous :winkie:

sunny?? We haven't had any sunny day this month, except for 2!!! Although, every now and then, the sun did peek out behind the cloud. Not complaining except the fact that I still can't mow!!

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

TC Bianca will be called tomorrow most likely just off the Kimberley coast. According to eldersweather.com it will move off the coast and down the Pilbara coast then off the coast from Exmouth and down to around the Shark Bay area where it still may be a cyclone. Of course it is too early to tell where it will go, but it may be a cyclone pretty close to Perth where the rainfall model predicts some good rainfall early next week. I will be watching this one closely. It could get interesting.

Yep... actually looking forward to 2 days of dry weather after baby Bianca dumped rain here every day. I am literally mouldy... not that I am complaining...

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Yep... actually looking forward to 2 days of dry weather after baby Bianca dumped rain here every day. I am literally mouldy... not that I am complaining...

I was reading today that Darwin has had almost a record amount of rainy days the last 3 months. The garden must be going crazy.

Best regards

Tyrone

Yes... Tyrone... It has been insane!!! I have to take photo as soon as it dries a bit!! I have to prune a tree today... because it has grown over my driveway.

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Looks like another shirty day in paradise :winkie:

Not a cloud in the sky , so prob a UV factor of a billion ..

slip slop slap and slide and light up several coils

ada bunyak nyamuka disini

Finally had a hot day here today..the first real summer day this season! 35C (95F) and dewpoints up to 25C...hot and humid all night and all day. I thought it would be a warm one as it was a very humid 32C at 8:30am...way too hot to be in my office clothes, especially with no air in my car.

Had more thunderstorms this afternoon, and more of the same forecast for tomorrow.

Daryl

That's what I don't like about summer; the humid mornings when I have to wear office clothes, although luckily I don't have to wear a tie.

It must be hard for diplomats and senior bureacrats in Washington DC; I imagine they would have to wear long-sleeved shirts and Armani suits in the stifling summers there. I wouldn't enjoy splashing across the dewy lawns in my brand new Louis Vuitton shoes when the temperature is 24c and the humidity 100%.

Philip Wright

Sydney southern suburbs

Frost-free within 20 km of coast

Daryl

That's what I don't like about summer; the humid mornings when I have to wear office clothes, although luckily I don't have to wear a tie.

It must be hard for diplomats and senior bureacrats in Washington DC; I imagine they would have to wear long-sleeved shirts and Armani suits in the stifling summers there. I wouldn't enjoy splashing across the dewy lawns in my brand new Louis Vuitton shoes when the temperature is 24c and the humidity 100%.

They would have air conditioning wherever they went. They wouldn't spend much time outside I wouldn't think. I did a bit of work in a previous job in Singapore and everyone I dealt with was wearing a suit and tie, including myself. There are brief times when you are going from the office to the air conditioned car etc. Don't stand outside for too long in 32C 95% RH. You'll just melt and drip down a drain. :)

Best regards

Tyrone

Daryl

They would have air conditioning wherever they went. They wouldn't spend much time outside I wouldn't think. I did a bit of work in a previous job in Singapore and everyone I dealt with was wearing a suit and tie, including myself. There are brief times when you are going from the office to the air conditioned car etc. Don't stand outside for too long in 32C 95% RH. You'll just melt and drip down a drain. :)

Best regards

Tyrone

The climate here is pretty much the same as Singapore. Although I think in the dry season we get a bit hotter and we have amore pronounced dry season. Suits and ties are mostly used by lawyers and politicians. As I am neither my regular dress is jeans and shirt. I don´t really have any problem with 32 C and 95 percent Rel. humidity is just another normal day. It is a rare day when the temperature does not at least reach 30 C.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Daryl

Best regards

Tyrone

The climate here is pretty much the same as Singapore. Although I think in the dry season we get a bit hotter and we have amore pronounced dry season. Suits and ties are mostly used by lawyers and politicians. As I am neither my regular dress is jeans and shirt. I don´t really have any problem with 32 C and 95 percent Rel. humidity is just another normal day. It is a rare day when the temperature does not at least reach 30 C.

dk

I was working with Siemens Medical in their hearing aid division back then. It took me to some nice asian tropical palmy spots that job. Many a paid for rainforest walk. My Singaporean colleagues thought I was nuts. Those were the days.

Best regards

Tyrone

TC Bianca is now cat 3 and intensifying about 300km north of Exmouth. It's tipped to round North West Cape and head south and eventually weaken due to lower SST's but 26C+ SST's go as far south as 29S. They are predicting increasing wind shear which will start to disorganise the system and slowly tear it apart, but the remnants of it all may come quite close to me on Sat/Sun, which will hopefully bring some nice decent humid tropical weather, with the big fat wet things that fall from the sky (Not hail). I'm hoping a bit of La Nina action gets the west coast. The east coast shouldn't get all the rain. :)

Best regards

Tyrone

"I was working with Siemens Medical in their hearing aid division back then. It took me to some nice asian tropical palmy spots that job. Many a paid for rainforest walk. My Singaporean colleagues thought I was nuts. Those were the days."

They ARE the days Mate.... ;) Will be back over there on Tuesday.... Prefer not to head over in our summer, as I freak about the possibility of a few 40C+ days hitting home and giving my garden the char-grill look... :unsure:

Regards

Michael.

Just north of Cairns, Australia....16 Deg S.
Tropical climate: from 19C to 34C.

Spending a lot of time in Manila, Philippines... 15 Deg N.
Tropical climate: from 24C to 35C.

TC Bianca is now cat 3 and intensifying about 300km north of Exmouth. It's tipped to round North West Cape and head south and eventually weaken due to lower SST's but 26C+ SST's go as far south as 29S. They are predicting increasing wind shear which will start to disorganise the system and slowly tear it apart, but the remnants of it all may come quite close to me on Sat/Sun, which will hopefully bring some nice decent humid tropical weather, with the big fat wet things that fall from the sky (Not hail). I'm hoping a bit of La Nina action gets the west coast. The east coast shouldn't get all the rain. :)

Best regards

Tyrone

Tyrone, if memory serves me correctly, about a week or more ago the models (EC) were showing a low of 996 hPa on Perth's doorstep this coming Monday. It was where it predicted TC Bianca was going to be, at a time when Bianca was still only a low pressure throwing off monsoonal arms at the Top End. Now it seems to be all coming together. It's picked up a lot of moisture along the way, but might also be carrying a bit of wind. Good luck.

"I was working with Siemens Medical in their hearing aid division back then. It took me to some nice asian tropical palmy spots that job. Many a paid for rainforest walk. My Singaporean colleagues thought I was nuts. Those were the days."

They ARE the days Mate.... ;) Will be back over there on Tuesday.... Prefer not to head over in our summer, as I freak about the possibility of a few 40C+ days hitting home and giving my garden the char-grill look... :unsure:

Regards

Michael.

Yes, there are some advantages to travelling to SE Asia for work. It's all paid for and is a great escape in winter. Actually my previous job also took me to QLD to Siemens Hearing Instruments in Milton, Brisbane, right next to the XXXX factory. That cemented my love for palms and rainforests and everything tropical.

I hope everything goes well for you while you're away, but La Nina is on your side. It will only rain for you. Don't worry.

Here could get interesting on Sat/Sun when Bianca or what's left off her comes knocking on Perth's door.

Got to 40C today with 16C dewpoints. Boy it was hot. I started the day potting up some Honkondambo Travellers palms, then received a shipment of tropical plants from Nambour (Coffee plant, Vanilla Orchid, Galangal, Red Xmas Heliconias, Chocolate Dancer Heliconias, Calathea Blue Ice, Calathea zebrina, and Costus arabicus, ) Then my bore pump turned up, so I put that down the hole and ran it to waste from 30 minutes (watered the lawn with a 40mm hose at 200lpm). Must have looked weird. Extreme watering. Then I had problems with a solenoid and rebuilt it. Then I potted up some Majestic Palms and called it a day in the garden. Then I fixed the air con which was overflowing inside the house. The drain plug was full of mud. Works great now and boy we need it. It's 8.30pm and 29C and humid. Going for some thunderstorms tonight. the clouds from Bianca have moved in.

Best regards

Tyrone

Best regards

Tyrone

Tyrone, if memory serves me correctly, about a week or more ago the models (EC) were showing a low of 996 hPa on Perth's doorstep this coming Monday. It was where it predicted TC Bianca was going to be, at a time when Bianca was still only a low pressure throwing off monsoonal arms at the Top End. Now it seems to be all coming together. It's picked up a lot of moisture along the way, but might also be carrying a bit of wind. Good luck.

Yes, you're right, they've been saying that for a while now. What is the uncertain thing is the eventual strength of the high pressure ridge and therefore the shear strength as it approaches the Perth area. If the shear winds are down and the high pressure ridge is a bit further south we could wear Bianca right over us, as maybe a cat 1.

Perth averages over a 100 yr period 1 cyclone every 7 yrs that at least approaches the general area and creates a tropical disturbance (either wind or rain/thunderstorms). This hasn't happened since the 1980's so this could be it. The worst cyclone in many years to affect Perth was TC Alby in 1978. It didn't cross the coast (stayed around 100km off the coast) but combined with a cold front and made it rain mud in Perth. I remember that well.

Cyclones statistically don't affect Perth until about the March to May period when the cyclones are much bigger up north, but who knows this year. There have been many weird extremes this year especially in QLD and Vic.

Here's the forecast. Got to 40C today and although not extremely humid compared to the NT, the dewpoints were about 16C which isn't exactly desert weather either.

Forecast for Friday Humid and partly cloudy. Light to moderate N/NE winds, shifting moderate tofresh NW/SW in the afternoon and evening.Precis: Humid, partly cloudy. City: Min 23 Max 38 Mandurah: Min 23 Max 35 UV Alert: 8:20 am to 4:40 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 14 [Extreme] Fire Danger: Coastal Plain: HIGH Hills: VERY HIGH Saturday Humid. Afternoon shower or storm. Min 24 Max 38Sunday Humid. Afternoon shower or storm. Min 24 Max 36Monday Humid. Partly cloudy. Min 22 Max 34Tuesday Partly cloudy. Min 20 Max 38Wednesday Partly cloudy. Min 20 Max 31Thursday Sunny. Min 18 Max 32

Best regards

Tyrone

Had a min of 28C and at 7.15am it's already 31C and humid.

The track map for TC Bianca has it aimed directly at Perth on Sunday as a tropical low. It will still be forecast to be a Cat 1 at 30S. The Infrared images in the last few hrs show it west of Exmouth and the eye is visible at times. It almost reached cat 4 status overnight and may very well have hit it this morning, but it should start to weaken soon.

It's going to be hot today. It reached 40C yesterday but the min was 10C less than it is today. We may go higher than 40C or clouds and thunderstorms will move in. I'm tending to think that the heat will have to cause some sort of thunderstorm buildup. The air is very moist, so their is a lot of stored energy in the air.

Have to do my work in the nursery as early as possible and enjoy the air con this arvo. Glad I got the bore going yesterday.

Best regards

Tyrone

Latest track map for Bianca has it as a cat 1 aiming directly at Bunbury, 160km south of may area. There's also a risk it will cross the coast as a cyclone according to the BOM.

It is sooooo hot out there now. I'm just moving pots around in my nursery in the shade and the sweat is just pouring off me. It's 39.5C with around an 18C dewpoint. My garden will definitely have higher dewpoints because everything is wet. It hit 40C at 9.52am. i wonder if that's a record.

From the BOM

TROPICAL CYCLONE ADVICE NUMBER 33 Issued at 9:25 am WST on Friday 28 January 2011A Cyclone WATCH has been declared for coastal areas from Jurien Bay to Albany,including Perth, Bunbury and Busselton.At 8:00 am WST Severe Tropical Cyclone Bianca, Category 3 was estimated to be 410 kilometres west southwest of Exmouth and400 kilometres west northwest of Carnarvon andmoving southwest at 33 kilometres per hour.Severe Tropical Cyclone Bianca continues to move in a southwest direction awayfrom the northwest of the state. Strong and gusty winds are still possible inareas between Cape Preston and Carnarvon though winds will ease from the eastduring the day.Severe Tropical Cyclone Bianca is expected to gradually weaken as it takes amore southerly track overnight. On Saturday Bianca will move in a southeasterlydirection towards the southwest corner of the state while weakening steadily.However there is a significant risk that Bianca will maintain tropical cycloneintensity as it approaches the coast early on Sunday. If this scenarioeventuates, coastal areas between Jurien Bay and Albany could experienceDAMAGING WINDS with gusts to 120 kilometres per hour. On Sunday tides between Jurien Bay and Cape Naturaliste are likely to risesignficantly above the normal high tide mark with VERY ROUGH SEAS, DANGEROUSSURF and FLOODING of LOW LYING COASTAL AREAS. SIGNIFICANT COASTAL EROSION ispossible. Heavy rainfall is also possible on the southern side of the system.FLASH FLOODING is possible but extensive flooding is not expected.

Best regards

Tyrone

Still category 3???? Batten down the hatches, Tyrone... Good luck. I hope you get the rain and not the wind....

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Thanks Ari.

My personal thoughts are that this system may get close to the coast as a cat 1, then turn into a tropical low, and most likely we'll get the wind with very little rain. The winds are picking up a bit now, although it's not directly connected to the cyclone yet. It'll probably take roofs off along the beaches around City beach to Mandurah with 120kph winds forecast. In my area they'd be less than that. May bring branches down from my tree though.

It's blimmin hot and humid out there. I'm drenched through from sweat. Air conditioning is amazing.

Best regards

Tyrone

This was the technical advice at about 14:00 WST

Dvorak EIR analysis produced DT 6.0 over several images during the morning. Final intensity is held at 10-min 85 knots.

The system is likely to maintain intensity or weaken only slightly over the next 12 hours before cooler SSTs and increasing shear leads to rapid weakening as it approaches the SW coast.

There is significant uncertainty regarding the intensity of the system as it impacts the coast with many models indicating the system will fall apart just off the coast as the strong southeasterlies from the new high push in and markedly increase the shear. However a number of runs have indicated the system may reach the coast with gale force winds and other associated impacts.

Melbourne outlook: 31C tomorrow...40C Sunday and 39C Monday....yowee... :hmm:

Good luck with the TC over there Tyrone...hope you get some rain....speaking to a guy in Perth today, seems everyone there has their fingers crossed for a good downpour.

Regards

Michael.

Just north of Cairns, Australia....16 Deg S.
Tropical climate: from 19C to 34C.

Spending a lot of time in Manila, Philippines... 15 Deg N.
Tropical climate: from 24C to 35C.

Crazy Melbourne weather Miccles! I was down there today and had to wear a jumper to stop shivering this morning! It was nice to get off the plane this evening and suck in the QLD humidity.

Hope Cyclone Bianca keeps her wind to herself Tyrone, and maybe just drops a bit of rain for you!

Looks like TC Anthony is going to give our northern QLD members a bit of trouble?

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

January looks like it will end with a little less percipitaion than the average 260 mm. But, since rain is scattered so much many areas could be above that. Yesterday had a nice mid day downpour. Here is a picture from the online Manaus news.

Jan27clouds.jpg

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Thanks Michael and Daryl for your thoughts. I think we'll definitely get a bit of wind from this one. It's a category 4 system now just west of Carnarvon. They didn't bank on it intensifying to that level. On the IR it looks like an angry thing. I suppose it will all depend how powerful this thing determines to be, and then whether the wind shear is strong or weak as it gets south. Albany down on the southern ocean just had black clouds and severe thunderstorms this afternoon from an arm from the cyclone. They may be the ones who get the rain. I don't think we will. It may rain mud here though.wacko.gif

I'm thinking it may cross as a cat 1 system now. They're tipping it to cross between Perth and Bunbury, so probably in an area called Australind, which is a low lying coastal community. If I had a boat there I'd be worried. Also the Busselton jetty was due to be opened next weekend after refurbishments. It is 1.6km long and was severely damaged in 1978 from TC Alby. I wonder if this one will go the same way.

Michael are you going to be away for that warm weather? I hope your retic keeps everything nice and damp.

Don that's an amazing picture. That may be my view here tomorrow night. I hope so.

Best regards

Tyrone