IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Sorry, you do not have permission to edit that mes

Dypsisdean

I am unable to edit my posts. I receive the following message.

"Sorry, you do not have permission to edit that message

You are currently logged in as Dypsisdean"

which is the name under which I posted.

Am I missing something? I have edited before without problems.

Well, I just checked and was able to edit this post. Apparently it only happens in the Palm Discussion.

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

It seems to only do that when a response has been posted to the reply.  

Hmm.

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Dave Yes, that does apppear to be the case. However, I'm pretty sure I don't remember that happpening on the old forum.

Kona, on The Big Island

Dean, I tested this a number of times, with and withOUT a response to an original post and it always worked for me--in non-administrative mode.  And all the settings for posting options, members, forums are set correctly.  Mike Burnett also tested it and can find no problems.

See if it's still happening.

--bob

Bob,

I have been checking it, and it is still doing it. I have tried all the obvious things such as logging off and back on, disabling firewalls, etc. What's interesting is it recognizes me as being Dypsisdean and the post says Dypsisdean, but won't allow an edit. As Dave noted, I can edit if a post has not yet appeared after mine.

I'll keep checking for any clues.

Kona, on The Big Island

Bob,

I should add that I am on a Mac. That didn't seem to make a difference with the old software, so I doubt that's it. I'll crank up the old PC when I get a chance and see what happens.

Kona, on The Big Island

Bob,

Interesting------I can't edit the above post when you posted afterwards, but I could edit the post when I posted again right afterwards. Such as above.

Kona, on The Big Island

Bob,

Also interesting----Now that a day has passed (or I should say overnight for me in Hawaii), I can't edit my last post even though no one posted after it.

Kona, on The Big Island

Bob, Sorry to keep posting on this subject, but now I'm very confused. I tried another browser on this Mac, and it still won't work. Then I fired up my PC, and I have the same problem there. The only thing they have in common is my router (and I doubt that is it) and the software on your end. I'm thinking about re-registering and see if that makes a diff.

Kona, on The Big Island

Bob,

I (Dypsisdean) registered under a different name to see what will happen. I'll wait a while and see if I will be able to edit.

Well, right after I posted the above message I was allowed to edit. But now, after a few hours, this is the message I received when I tried to edit

"Sorry, you do not have permission to edit that message

You are currently logged in as konakid"

And konakid was the name under which I posted.

The board settings have now been changed to allow  infinate time to edit your posts. Give it another try and let us know if it is working okay for you now.

Thanks for your input and testing of this feature

IPS PT Admin

Thanks Guys,

That did the trick.  :D  Sounds like it had something to do with time zones or the fact that I'm out here close to the dateline or something. Or that I had never made any adjustments for the time diff in my set up for the board.

Now I won't have to be paranoid about posting misspelled species or whatever.

Kona, on The Big Island

So what happens to konakid??

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

That's a great name Dean, but wouldn't want you going schizo on us, so would you like konakid deleted?   :cool:

Please Mike, delete konakid.

I'll suppress that personality and save it if I ever need to run and hide from Dypsisdean.

Thanks for fixing my edit problem. And not a moment too soon if you saw my thread on "Tired of new red leafs?"

Kona, on The Big Island

konakid is now in early retirement, his old posts show 'guest' as poster in case anyone wonders how a guest got to post in this forum.

I'm just as pleased as you we got this fixed, there undoubtedly will be more problems with this new install but rest assured we'll tackle and get them under control.

Okay team, back to the keyboards and keep those great palm posts flowing.  :D

(Dypsisdean @ Jul. 07 2006,19:19)

Thanks Guys,

That did the trick.  :D  Sounds like it had something to do with time zones or the fact that I'm out here close to the dateline or something. Or that I had never made any adjustments for the time diff in my set up for the board.

Now I won't have to be paranoid about posting misspelled species or whatever.

you weren't alone my friend. I too could not edit my posts until they fixed it!

Dave Hughson

Carlsbad, Ca

1 mile from ocean

Zone 10b

Palm freaks are good peeps!!!!!