IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Mobile PhonePalm Towers

mlovecan

When in an area with a lot of palms, I find it to be quite a pleasant surprise when the palm I'm looking at ends up being a tower. Some people hate them - I think it's nice to see the effort and some of them are really ok looking!

Geoff just posted quite an attractive CIDP one on another thread.

Anyways here are a couple I've photographed - first one in Muscat, Oman and the second in Negril Jamaica ( off in the distance ) :

post-213-072489200 1289856888_thumb.jpg

post-213-091687700 1289856917_thumb.jpg

Lardos, Greece ( Island of Rhodes ) 10B

1.9 km from Mediterannean Sea

Don't have any photos but i like u think the effort is a lot better than no effort, very pleasant and like u i often get fooled iv'e seen some that look like canary island palms and from a distance not hard on the eyes.

Ohh c'mon - the phone tower is in that 2nd photo purely by coincidence ! :lol:

Fess up !

Just north of Cairns, Australia....16 Deg S.
Tropical climate: from 19C to 34C.

Spending a lot of time in Manila, Philippines... 15 Deg N.
Tropical climate: from 24C to 35C.

the 2nd pic is cool because the car is out of focus & the girl is in focus.seems like you really get a sense that the car is moving by.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

I've got one at my house that is disguised as a water tower. Shortly after it was installed two guys from Rancho California Water District pulled up.

I asked, "Can I help you?"

They said, "We are here to inspect your water tower"

it was fun to watch there faces when they got close to the tower.

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Cute, I like the idea. The utility company is in the process of "planting" some monster concrete poles out to our island over the marsh. I bet 50' or more in height. Maybe I will suggest they modify them to look like any of the Copernicia species with the "concrete pillar" trunks. I would suggest native Sabal palmetto, but the pillars are just too tall and massive.

Gig 'Em Ags!

David '88

I still cant belive my eys. After seeing this thread I bowsed a web a bit and Im still in slight shock whan I realised that monsters, I cant find another name, like this actualy does exist!!! :sick:

cell-phone-palm-tree.jpg

where is this World going?

Ohh c'mon - the phone tower is in that 2nd photo purely by coincidence ! :lol:

Fess up !

I felt lucky on that shot - the wife took it I thought it blended well with the palms in the foreground.

The girl's my daughter Magda who is not a big fan of being photographed with palms, or even hearing much about them.

post-213-081440500 1289909381_thumb.jpg

Lardos, Greece ( Island of Rhodes ) 10B

1.9 km from Mediterannean Sea

Ah ha! Undercover Ranch Hand!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!